It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Makes Strange Comments at Auschwitz

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   
dAlen
Very interesting link, and it asks some very good questions.

People balk at the notion that self-described Jews were instrumental in the events, but the truth is often stranger than fiction. People really need to take care not to blind themselves to every complicated truth by virtue of their unwillingness to relinquish simplistic labels.

FlyersFan

No biggie.

Your MSNBC link was excellent, it provided a much better context for the comments I thought.

I still don't understand his question though, he of all people should already know the answer. God gave us free will, that's not in dispute. We were given the power to make, and to clean up our own messes. People caused the holocaust, not God. People were responsible for preventing it, and they failed. People are now tasked with learning a lesson and applying it to the future.

Dare I say the lesson has not been learned? We were given everything we needed, we have it still. It's not God's problem anymore. This is our world. We were gifted with paradise and we've turned it into a garbage heap, a real Hell. Nobody's fault but ours, and we're the only ones who can change the situation.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Depending on your view of religon, god didn't remain silent.

Germany was defeated, their government destroyed, their cities burnt to the ground, and enemies occupied their land and forever will the German people carry the legacy of the Holocaust. Germany's young men were wiped out, German culture supressed and villified. East Germany suffered 50 years of tyranny under the communists, west germany was used as a potential battleground in an East West Conflict. The Germans since then, other than economically, have had really little say in their own course, most of it directed by NATO, the EU, ect.

So one could say God wasn't silent. Germany has also been paying our repairations for many years. If you believe in the Christian God, germany was punished quite well.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join