It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

fly's acting really strange.. PLEASE READ

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Hello all,

This afternoon I was in my back garden and there were 3 fly's on my moped. They were all facing the same direction.

Evey few seconds they would fly around and then land back on the moped with good distances apart and then face the same way again. They done this for a few minutes and awayls landing in different places but always facing the same way. Sometimes they would land on the moped in different directions but quickly face the same direction to the north. Pertectly everytime.

I am not sure if this has anything to do with the planet or some kind of warning to climate change but this was a strange experience for me.

Does anyone reading this have any kind of explaination or idea?

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Does sound odd,
Hmm just in case its an area thing what part of the world are you in?

HAve you just noticed this today?

Are there any other things different, weather ect,?

just a few questions to help get a beter idea,

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Thanks for your reply.
I live in the UK down south.

Its been rainy and overcast for a good week now.

I have never noticed this with fly's before, But I will start watching them more carefuly now.

What do you think this could be?

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Perhaps they were facing into the general wind direction, instead of a way that would blow their wings up

Or maybe they were waiting for you to fire that baby up so they could get a lift to the turds in the next town?

Bugs are interesting to watch.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Thanks,

good reply,

I am now too starting to beleive it could be the wind and why they face the way which keeps them areodinamic to thier wings

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4eyedsnake
Evey few seconds they would fly around and then land back on the moped with good distances apart and then face the same way again. They done this for a few minutes and awayls landing in different places but always facing the same way. Sometimes they would land on the moped in different directions but quickly face the same direction to the north. Pertectly everytime.

Maybe they noticed that you were watching them, and decided to mess with your mind!

That's what I's do if I was a fly!

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a little off topic, but i enjoy watching flys as well, and iv'e always wondered how they change their flight pattern so quickly? they pull 160 degree turns in mili-seconds, it's almost like they got super mini brains, but then you watch them bounce off the same section of glass for 10 minutes and you know that cant be so.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I heard there is a green comet meteor in the sky or something like that.

There is something going on or birds and flies flying away.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   
sound like it could have to do with the earth's electromagnetic field....

all living things have small amounts of magnets in their brains, its a natural compass. solar flares an other things can throw that off... i dunno if this is the case, but im guessing since their so small, besides bateria, they would know whats going on 1st in reguards to earth shifts

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I am interested to see where this thread goes. I generally have something that happens to me that runs along the same lines. Also if anyone can relate me to a thread already here about this I would appreciate it.

I have a thing with honeybees. They seem to like to hitch on to me pretty often. At first, I thought they were maybe dying and they were just landing on me, but it happens to often, and I have had them sting me on purpose to validate that they are indeed not dying. (I'm a cajun, what do you expect out of us?)

My friends think I am wierd the first time they see it happen, they give the typical "Dude, you have a bee crawling on you!" I usually just say ok, and let it go at that. The bee stays, it doesn't sting me unless I provoke it, and otherwise it just goes on its merry way after a few hours.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   
this might sound funny, but maybe your skin oil is sweet. or you have a sweet smell to your natural sweat?

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Stop smearing honey all over yourself would be a good start

Seriously, I wondered about the same thing, I'm rarely bothered by mosquito's, if at all or other biting insects, while my wife would be eaten alive just a couple feet away. Maybe it's scents, vibrations or whatever I don't know not my field of expertise. Maybe I'm, the king of all insects, and they respect me!

[edit on 28-5-2006 by TheHorseChestnut]

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I've noticed the same strange behaviors of insects over the past... maybe ten months or so.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: 4eyedsnake
I'm sitting on the back deck and I notice several flies landing on the bench. They're all facing east and standing with their heads down and their butts up. (Facing Mecca? Doubt.) As I continue to watch they randomly take off, buzz around and land again near to where they started. As soon as they touch down they reposition so that they are once again facing east and posed. Didn't see any mating couples. There was a light breeze from the southwest, and they were landing both in and out of the sun. Whaddaya think (besides I have too much free time)?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: niteboy82

Are you diabetic or take insulin? If so this might explain things: Link

people with elevated blood glucose will produce a sweet-smelling, somewhat fruity body odor.....When taking insulin to treat diabetes, the skin may have an odor of that smells like acetone. Untreated diabetes can resulted in to ketoacidosis; the patient's skin may taste sweet, and the sweat may produce a very unique odor

On old American Indian woman, seeing I was having a fit with mosquitoes biting me, advised me that eating food with garlic would keep the mosquitoes away. It does work somewhat, but it keeps everyone else away too!!!

And there's something about colors- wearing dark clothing attracts mosquitoes, as oppose to white, or vice versa --I can never remember which way it goes!
edit on 29-4-2014 by SCGrits because: edit

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
woah - 8 years between replies - that's got to be a record doesn't it?

Also why do flies just fly round in the middle of the room but bees and especially wasps fly out again.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: johnb

HA!!!! Good catch! Did not even pay attention to date!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I had three flies in my kitchen and told my friend that one was male and the other two were female.
She asked how I could know their genders?
I told her that two were on the phone and the other was on a beer can.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: 4eyedsnake

Does anyone reading this have any kind of explaination or idea? - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

So flies have never behaved in such a fashion before?

How much time do you spend observing flies?

top topics

join