It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neocons?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I found an interesting website

The Bush admin seems to be controlled by a secret inner circle of neocons and business interests. Bush himself is not a major decision maker in the government, he is merely the figurehead. However, Bush seems to be an enthusiastic 'team-player', except for on 911 when he got upset with his handlers.

I typed in www.newworldorder.org... and it gave me some interesting information. Anyone heard of these Neocons before?

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by chief_counsellor
Anyone heard of these Neocons before?

"Neocons" is short for "neo-conservatives", and usually refers to members of the Republican Party who fall in with the Bush line.

For a humorous look at the movement, I would recommed the Rolling Stones song "Sweet Neo Con".

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
neo - new
con- someone who tries to trick you

neo-con (a new way of tricking people)

peace

dalen

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
There apparenty are two types of neocons(ervative), the old and the new. The old Neocons were leftists who didn't like the liberalizing tact that the democratic party was taking, and who felt that the US should be using its military abilities to liberalize the world and influence and shape the world (so whereas conservatives are from the right, these guys have switched camps over from the left, and are thus 'neo cons'). This was a small number of people.

Now neoconservatives just means old school conservatives who think that the US should use premption and military intervention to shape the world around it (whereas conservatives want isolation, they are otherwise conservatives but want intervention, hence 'neo con').

I get the impression that the original neoconservatives are the ones that have had the largest influence on the current neocons (the ones that are just rightists who went interventionist). Thought clearly there are some people, like Cheney, the real author of the "Bush" Doctrine of premption, who've been calling for widespread premptive attacks on enemies of the US for a long while.

So there's a real blurring, not so much with respect to actions and end results, but with respect to motivations. The old Neoconservatives wanted intervention to get a more liberalized world, taking up the 'white man's burden', in a sense, the leftist values of taking care of and providing welfare to the poor. The current neoconservatives want intervention just to re-shape the world so its more favourable to the US, and the 'other' category, lets call it militant republicans or radical republicans, just want intervention because its a result of a policy of preemption.

I might be splitting hairs though between new neocons and 'radical militant republicans'.

And when you throw 'globalists' into the mix it get really muddied.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
If you want to really get a good look at neoconservatism, look at the infamous PNAC

Project for A New American Century

This is basically your "cooperate HQ" for Neoconservatism.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Thanks for the clarification, I wasn't sure what all this neocon business was all about. But now I know.

join