It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Salt out of Sauce

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Hey everyone. As I was cooking tonight, I faced again the problem of a sauce that ended up being to salty. I tried the method of putting the potato cut up in it (in fact I cubed it, trying to save the sauce!). Didn't work. Of course, I used normal Kikkoman soy sauce, so I should have known. But does anyone have another idea on how to get it out? Thanks in advance!

Sorry if this is posted twice, I couldn't see it the first round. I will delete this one, if the second one comes through.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Well depending on what other spices you were using to cook with might explain part of your problem. Soy sauce has a monster salt taste and can drive down the over all palate of the meal in no time flat. it has to be used in very slight moderation. Any seasoned salts, garlic salts, all have salt in them also, so check into that. Kikkoman makes a low sodium soy sauce that seems to not be as bad. i dont really enjoy the taste of soysauce in my cooking. too much sodium for me. Hope that helps some. if you could tell me some more of the ingredients in your meal and or sauce, i might be able to help out a little more.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I don't think a way has ever been devised to remove the salt once the deed is done.
My rule is to always undersalt the food while cooking because you can always add a bit more later if you want it.

With some foods like a sauce or stir-fry you can add a spoonful of sugar to counter the salty taste, but this doesn't actually remove any of the salt, it just makes it less noticable.

join