It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

vitamins

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
food health vitamins nutrition

I have traveled to many other countries I don't know why but if you did you would know that the food fruits everything tastes better in some particular other countries.And have a high nutritional and vitamin , health values.

Why because the food In America is hormone modified is is deprived from using hormones that means it has low nutritional values and lack of vitamins causeing people to be depressed and bahavioral changes that's why some poeple need vitamin supliments.The foods in america use hormones and other added things such as pesticide.The pesicide kills bugs but not a problem , the problem is the population to feed there are way too many people so they have to use hormone modified food. Causeing many health problems that the drug industry lies about and takes the peoples money.When I was in other countries I felt healthier and better there I don't know why.

Im just asking if any of you travel to many other countries how would you respond to that.Who here travels frequently and went to other countries and tasted everything .

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I've heard about this before I think it was in a documentary called Supermarket Secrets. You can find it on google video. And the host of the documentary visited spain and noticed immediatly that the fruits and vegatables tasted better.

I remember in one part the green peppers in spain had various colors and to them it didn't mean it was spoiled, it was fresh and natural. obviously we don't see various colored green peppers. It's about marketing our foods to look nice and pretty but no efforts in maintaining high quality nutritious content.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by eudaimonia
I've heard about this before I think it was in a documentary called Supermarket Secrets. You can find it on google video. And the host of the documentary visited spain and noticed immediatly that the fruits and vegatables tasted better.

I remember in one part the green peppers in spain had various colors and to them it didn't mean it was spoiled, it was fresh and natural. obviously we don't see various colored green peppers. It's about marketing our foods to look nice and pretty but no efforts in maintaining high quality nutritious content.
That's what im talking about and did you feel better and healthier there? So you said the fruits and everything tasted way better there right? that's exactly what im talking about.

[edit on 27-5-2006 by Hawaii_boy]

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
From personal experience i'd agree with the statement that food tastes better when i've visited other countrys. Here in the UK it's pretty difficult to grow some fruit and veg as you can imagine, so alot come from abroad. So in some respects I'd say it's all to do with freshness in my particular instance.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Another thing i have noticed is the large spread use of corn syrup. I used to visit mexico quite often and the sodas there just taste so much better and do not feel as thick. I also do not feel as tired after drinking a soda there.

On a side note, the ice in mexico is not cold

[edit on 28-5-2006 by scoobdude]

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by R1ghteous
From personal experience i'd agree with the statement that food tastes better when i've visited other countrys. Here in the UK it's pretty difficult to grow some fruit and veg as you can imagine, so alot come from abroad. So in some respects I'd say it's all to do with freshness in my particular instance.
Yes, But I said some other countries not all other countries.Because the food fruits everything grows on trees without using hormones or other modifications or additives and even pesiticide but the pesticide isn't a problem.

This topic isn't about pesticide

Take a picture of this post because this is a secret and hope it doesn't get moved.

[edit on 28-5-2006 by Hawaii_boy]

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawaii_boy

Originally posted by R1ghteous
Yes, But I said some other countries not all other countries.Because the food fruits everything grows on trees without using hormones or other modifications or additives and even pesiticide but the pesticide isn't a problem.

????

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   
You mean like the pesticide that killed 24 school children in the Philippines last year? And those pesticides that make lots of people sick every year?

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
You mean like the pesticide that killed 24 school children in the Philippines last year? And those pesticides that make lots of people sick every year?

I think those are exactly the ones he means...of course, take a look at some of hawaii boy's other posts. Not surprising in the least.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsl4doc

I think those are exactly the ones he means...of course, take a look at some of hawaii boy's other posts. Not surprising in the least.
This topic is not about pesticide its about other something other than that.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Ah right, sorry for trying to follow up on something YOU said then. We'll remember not to listen to anything you say that isn't immediately on topic then.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Hmm...I think it's on topic. The topic is whether foods from other countries are fresher or contain more vitamins, is it not? Well, a lot of countries, my own (Italy) being one of them, often has a hard time enforcing pesticide regulations on small local farmers. Most restaurants and markets get their fruits and vegetables from the local farmers here. Most pesticides can be easily eliminated just by washing the food before eating, but the jury is still out on whether some of the newer pesticides have wider reaching effects.

On topic enough?

MFP

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Hmm...I think it's on topic. The topic is whether foods from other countries are fresher or contain more vitamins, is it not? Well, a lot of countries, my own (Italy) being one of them, often has a hard time enforcing pesticide regulations on small local farmers. Most restaurants and markets get their fruits and vegetables from the local farmers here. Most pesticides can be easily eliminated just by washing the food before eating, but the jury is still out on whether some of the newer pesticides have wider reaching effects.

On topic enough?

MFP

Let me just say everything tastes better in some particular countries.

And that that they use homone modified in everything.And in the u.s. it tastes bad because they have a large poulation to feed , compared to some other countries where everything tastes good and way about 100 times better.Trust me on this one.You said youve went to Italy and tasted everything there?

Im just asking people that travel a lot to talk more about this.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   

On topic enough?

MFP

And that that they use homone modified in everything.And in the u.s. it tastes bad because they have a large poulation to feed , compared to some other countries where everything tastes good and way about 100 times better.Trust me on this one.You said youve went to Italy and tasted everything there?

I live in Italy, Hawaii Boy. I am Italian. I travel to France, England, and Sardinia to visit family all the time, and have taken vacations in Switzerland, Austria and USA, as well. The food doesn't really taste too terribly different in any of these countries, but I will admit the food in the USA was a little more bland. I don't think this had so much to do with the growth patterns of the food, but with the preparation and processed ingredients instead.

MFP

[edit on 5/28/2006 by bsl4doc]

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   

On topic enough?

MFP

I live in Italy, Hawaii Boy. I am Italian. I travel to France, England, and Sardinia to visit family all the time, and have taken vacations in Switzerland, Austria and USA, as well. The food doesn't really taste too terribly different in any of these countries, but I will admit the food in the USA was a little more bland. I don't think this had so much to do with the growth patterns of the food, but with the preparation and processed ingredients instead.

MFP

[edit on 5/28/2006 by bsl4doc]
Well because most of my friends that I have for instance I have a friend from Isreal he said that everything tasted better there in Isreal.And my other friend from lebanon too said it.
And the everything tasted and was very different.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Well because most of my friends that I have for instance I have a friend from Isreal he said that everything tasted better there in Isreal.And my other friend from lebanon too said it.

Like I said, it's probably in the preparation. Here in Italy, the tomato sauce used on pizzas is almost always made from real tomatoes that morning in the actual restaurant. When I visited Brooklyn to see my uncle, the sauce was obviously from a can and had been made days ago. I think that's the big difference, not the hormones or fertilizers because the apples in Brooklyn tasted just like the apples in Firenze, Bern, Vienna, Nice, Manchester, Rome, Cagliari, etc.

MFP

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Like I said, it's probably in the preparation. Here in Italy, the tomato sauce used on pizzas is almost always made from real tomatoes that morning in the actual restaurant. When I visited Brooklyn to see my uncle, the sauce was obviously from a can and had been made days ago. I think that's the big difference, not the hormones or fertilizers because the apples in Brooklyn tasted just like the apples in Firenze, Bern, Vienna, Nice, Manchester, Rome, Cagliari, etc.

MFP
Look my friend who is Thai has a cherry tree and apple tree and never added anything to it in his backyard I tried the fruits apples and cherries and they tasted very different and way better than the fruits apples cherries that I bought from the store.

Are you really in Italy? because they don't speak english there.You don't sound like it.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Most stores in the US use wax on their produce so it stores longer. Try using soap and water on them and scrub it off.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Are you really in Italy? because they don't speak english there.You don't sound like it.

Are you kidding me? EVERY country in Western Europe requires students to take English language classes from primary school until high school graduation. I'm a doctor now, I took English in college, so I've had about 21 years of English classes. Nice to see you're aware of the international community at large...

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Most stores in the US use wax on their produce so it stores longer. Try using soap and water on them and scrub it off.
You don't travel a lot so this post is to people that go to many many other palces Nations and countries ,

And I said everything tastes better.We need people that travel very very far.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join