It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evryone Needs A Batcave

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Everyone needs a Batcave. It doesnt matter who you are, everyone needs some place where they can be anonymous. There is a difference between a Batcave and a hang out. A hang out is where you spend your time with friends, a Batcave is a place of solitude.

I discovered my Batcave about 3 years ago while I was going through a very painful divorce. It was a time when I found that the friendships I had formed were just superficial. A mile of friends one inch deep. I got burned y the very people who were suppose to stand by me. So now, there is a trust factor that I have imposed: I don't. That way I am not disappointed. Ok, maybe I do get disappointed, but it just proves that the "don't trust factor" is working.

Back to my Batcave. Since I have no mountains to climb, or bodies of water nearby (I live in the high, flat desert), this little cigar shop tucked away in the back of a specialty shopping area, is my dark, cool place of solitude.

I don't really care for cigars all that much but they do pour Guinness from the tap. The walls are dark mahogany and the windows let in just enough light that there is no need for the overheads. The air is rich with the smell of tobaccos, my favorites being the pipe. There are chairs over in that corner where the old timers sit and discuss politics or what ever is of interest that day, but never too loud. Everyone speaks in hushed tones, like they are in church, keeping their conversations within their eye contact. The wait staff is always polite and were using my name by the second or third time I visited.

There are long seasons when I dont get back to my Batcave, but when I do it is still as familiar as the last time I sought refuge.

Where is this place? Where is yours?

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Whenever i need to be alone, I look over the soft waters of Loch Lomand. Even when it rains, it sort of cleans me of all worries.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Dont have one...wish I did....it sounds nice.
My life is pretty full, looks like my batcave is within my walls.

join