It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the best RPG ever?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 03:08 AM
link   
What is the best RPG you have ever played? personally for me i think it would have to be FFVIII. Squall just kicked arse and you couldn't go past Lion Heart...

8th

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Well its a no brainer that FF has got to be the winner... I dont even play it and I know that lol. The Metal Gear series was very exceptional in my opinion, if you want to count that in there as 'role playing.' Heavy storyline... Very in depth.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Actually i'm heavily into Oblivion atm... and that is also a killer rpg. Absolutely massive.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I like Knights of th eOld Republic 1 and 2, Jade Empire, and Morrowwind

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
OBLIVION rules!!!!

this has got to be first off the best RPG hands down from a graphic's perspective.
It plays like a medievil GTA(Grand Theft Auto) I just love being able to do what I want when I want. FF was a great series and my favorite out of FF would have to be FFVII
but it pales in comparison to OBLIVION for Xbox360...

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TONE23
OBLIVION rules!!!!

this has got to be first off the best RPG hands down from a graphic's perspective.
It plays like a medievil GTA(Grand Theft Auto) I just love being able to do what I want when I want. FF was a great series and my favorite out of FF would have to be FFVII
but it pales in comparison to OBLIVION for Xbox360...

Does Oblivian have anything like the morrowind blood moon expansion? Can you be a werewolf, vampire, or other beast? Also if you dont mind answer many questions which races are available to pick from

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   
yes oblivion has downloadable content you get right from xboxlive marketplace.. so far they have released 4 addons.. they are a conglomoration of missions homes and armor for your horse.

Yes you can be a vampire but I dont think they have the warewolves back for this one.

there are the same races as far as I know.I havnt played Morrowind in a about a year and a half) but Im pretty sure the races are all back.

so far though one of the few dissapointments that I have is no fly spell(at least that ive found) and the only other thing that is mildlydissapointing is its only single player. but the game is so great that its not a big deal.

to finish on my first point.. it doesnt have any full expansion packs as I believe that since Xbox360 has Live Marketplace that they wont really release any expansions per say.. they will just post new material right on the xbox..so you can download it without leaving the house(of course theres a small fee)..lol gotta love microsoft for that..not..but for as cheap as the dowloads are Im not really complaining since it saves me gas money and travel time.

All I can say is Get the new 360 it kills the old xbox. Playstation3 is going to be great but its going to be even more expensive then the 360. Im going to get one for sure but im going to wait until june of next year..since my 360 will keep me happily occupied till then.

hopethis has answered some of your questions.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 06:40 AM
link   
One of my favourites... though some would disagree... Is Final Fantasy X. I have gone through it 3 times... The 3rd time... which i have just started up again... and my most thorough( i have OFFICIALLY forgotten how to spell thorough ) attempt. I've just started on maxing out my stats and taking on the Dark Aeons.. and Penance... Great game if you ask me.

[edit on 28-5-2006 by iCEdTenG]

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I have to say that Final Fantasy VIII is probably the best RPG I have ever played. However Final Fantasy X did have an awesome ending. But the making of X-2 sort of brought it down a bit.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   
UMMMMM....

FF VII is considered by many to be one of the best. Secret of Mana is an old school one that can involve up to 3 players at once. However, I must say, one of my personal alltime favorites is FF XI online. Wow, what a "crack" type game, logged more than 3 months of actual playtime. Man, I am a loser

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   
FF are rather shallow, although they can be fun. The best FF in my opinion would be Tactics, or FF7. However, in terms of the best overall RPG, story wise, I would say Planescape: Torment, although another very fun rpg was Fallout1, and Fallout2.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
i hate to have to tell you guys this but you're all wrong!

the greatest RPG ever would definitely have to be...
Earthbound!!
though it's pretty old...

[edit on 5-6-2006 by karby]

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
fallout 1 and fallout 2. followed by FF7

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by iCEdTenG
What is the best RPG you have ever played? personally for me i think it would have to be FFVIII. Squall just kicked arse and you couldn't go past Lion Heart...

..., ummmm,... I not really sure where to start on that,... well first things first,... FF VIII was cheap crap that was released before it's time and then delayed until after it's time had past. You want to play a good RPG where you can well you actually RPG in it? If you do pick up a copy of Dungeon Siege 2. Or at least a copy of fable. Granted FF VIII had some nice video and spell,... but not much game play and a really weak story (mostly cause you can't beat the FF VII story).

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 02:26 AM
link   

[edit on 3-7-2006 by iCEdTenG]

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 03:09 AM
link   
the elder scrolls, duh..............................

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Everything pales in comparison to Morrowind. I lost so many hours on that game. I had a great time playing it, and in my eyes, it was one of the most in-depth games I've ever played. Is Oblivion any good?

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I'm going to put my vote into FF as well. Though, I have to go a little further back, my favorite was actually FFIII for gameboy!
It was my favorite, but then again, you can still catch me playing the original Zelda, I never really made it past Nintendo 64. So yeah, I'm all about the FF!

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Legend of Dragoon for PS1.

my personal favorite.

However I cant get enough of that RPG called.... ummm... life.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 01:20 AM
link   
fallout series, hands down. only when black isle had it though...tactics and BOS were cheesy crap. and i love bethesda for the elder scrolls, but i'm afraid they're going to ruin fallout...crossing my fingers....

final fantasy has got to be my favorite older series...the original NES version was the best NES RPG, american number 3 was a legend long before 7, and number 5 was probably the best RPG i've ever played in 2-d. 7 was better than daggerfall (elder scrolls game) because of all the bugs in daggerfall.

i think, however, that comparing the elder scrolls to final fantasy is ...well, nonsensical. the style of the games is completely different. elder scrolls gives you a huge amount of character customization and open ended play, while most FF games offer more in the way of story and character development (personality wise).

the fallout series, however...well, there you have a mixture, and a good one. not a whole lot of buildig upon your characters story, but the world develops well, the customization aspect is good, open ended play, and some ridiculous fun all combine to make something spectacular.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join