It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HHO Gas "A hundred miles on 4oz of water"?!?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I remember seeing something on ATSNN about HHO but I can't seem to locate it, seems the general consensus was that it was a hoax? I found a video on videosift on it that is absolutely amazing though...
www.videosift.com...
And another one from Fox...
Fox News Affiliate Video
A hundred miles on 4oz of water?!?!

I thought it was pretty out there when I heard about it but it's on the market apparently...
The first available product using Aquygen™ gas

I do some glasswork, if this stuff is for real I would love to get my hands on one!

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Twitchy,

I read about this a few years ago. If you do a google search on Brown's Gas, you will get al lot of information.
Also look at This website.
Apparently this gas has some amasing properties.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I read into browns gas a few years back. It sounded too good to be true and after much reading I found out that it was too good to be true. It is mostly sold as a gas for welding, but its burn characteristics are so inferior to other gases that it is not worth the effort to use it. There was also, apparently, some fraud on the part of the person that was selling the equipment to generate it. I would say that if you decide to look into purchasing some you be very cautious of potential scams.

I knew a friend of a relative that many years ago built an engine that ran off a similar principle, and used a gas/water mixture. The problem with these types of engines, and why that project was eventually abandoned, is that they tend to catch fire very easily.

[edit on 5/27/2006 by defcon5]

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 06:10 AM
link   
This gas burns at a much higher temp than the normal combustion process and you have to ceramic coat your pistons, values etc...otherwise things do fail.

Browns' gas can also be used to reduce the radiation levels of nuclear waste...however, because it's not profitable for the "waste management people" and their associated "links", it isn't persued:

pacenet.homestead.com...

It's an interesting gas to say the least.

Cheers

JS

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I'm currently researching this subject, I'm probably just a few weeks away from testing a prototype that I'll put on my Geo-Metro if it works.
I was inspired by This document.
I hope it works, or at the very least I hope it leads me in the right direction.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Ceramic coated pistons? Have you actually read about this gas? It's normal free air combustion is less than 300F. Where do you get this? Remember, a combustion engine works nothing like a torch. In the latter you have a constant supply of gas and ambient air. Inside an internal combustion engine there is a metered amount of air/gas, a single explosion and then an instantaneous expansion of a closed volume. Which causes an instantaneous drop in temperature.

Let's not write something off before we have a chance to understand it. It would be one thing if this was some experimental lab fixture but we're talking about a commercially available product. And if you watched the video it has multiple endorsements from real people/businesses.

Don't fall into the 'if men were meant to fly God would have given them wings' mindset.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   
jtma508:

>Where do you get this?

From people who've done it.

Cheers

JS

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   
JS...

People who have done what? Run a car using the Klein machine? Or attempted to run a car using some other water-derived fuel?

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Its not running on water.

The Hybrid Hydrogen Oxygen System ("HHOS") can generate sufficient Aquygen™ Gas to enrich a vehicle's traditional fuel supply (gasoline or diesel) so that a net power increase in engine horsepower ("HP") occurs. In the prototype vehicle, it has been estimated that the heavy-duty alternator requires approximately 4 HP of the stock engine's base power load. It has been estimated that the increased energy release of the combustion process utilizing the Aquygen™ Gas enrichment resulted in a net 17 HP gain.

It running on standard car fuel that is supposedly enriched by the gas.

The unscientific tests conducted almost three years ago are hardly proof that it works.

If it did there would be more tests with better methods in the time since.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
jtma508:

Start here:

www.keelynet.com...

Cheers

JS

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   
JS...

I see our disconnect. There are bunches of people who are playing/have played around with various 'electrolyzer' devices. And it seems from all the results that have been published that differnt designs seem to yield different products. This electrolyzer produces something other than H2 and O2 as can be discerned from the supporting calculations:

Low Voltage Electrolyzer

I have never read of anyone burning-up an internal combustion engine alleged to have run on HHO technology. Both Denny Klein and the late Stanley Meyers have reported publicly that they had significant success in this area without modifying the ICE. Both have demonstrated their technologies to independent groups. IMHO there seems to be something real here.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by jumpspace
This gas burns at a much higher temp than the normal combustion process and you have to ceramic coat your pistons, values etc...otherwise things do fail.

Yup, but that's for continuous running of the engine. In the days of internal combustion warplanes, a lot of them used water injection. Basically, all it did was increase the mass of the fuel, which in turn increased the amount of power the fuel generated. It could only be run for short boosts though, as it would burn out the engine very quickly otherwise.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 09:42 AM
link   
jtma508:

Hmmm, it does seem that they are two different devices. I believe he was running three chambers/pots to keep up the production of the gas and had to adapt his carburettor with an auto-gas adapter (the gaseous one) that he linked this system directly into at the base plate. There was problems with pressure, switching, linking the system to the accelerator, combustion temperature (I believe he was burning valves at a rate), amongst others...A total of three chambers were needed to provide enough gas to completely switch over to the system. I *believe* he started on normal auto-gas (in Oz, that's the gaseos gas one) and when enough pressure was reached he flipped over to the water solution. I also believe he had an intermediatary storage tank/regulator of some kind.

That's all I can remember about the meeting. Hope it helps.

When I have the time, I will attempt one of these myself as I do know they work. Let's hope I don't blow myself up in the process

Cheers

JS

new topics

top topics

join