It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN Global Gun Ban Conference July 4th, 2006

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Ok people, its time to put a stop to this now. They UN has then nerve to hold a conference on our soil, using our tax dollars, on the 230th aniversary of our nations birth and independence, to conspire to take away one of the most important freedoms given to us on that day. The right to keep and bear arms.

www.stopungunban.org...

here is the official page of this conference,

www.un.org...

not much info there yet but...... Here is their little pet groups website with a bit about the first UN Global Gun Treaty being enforced in China and how they are pressing other countries to sign it as well. As you can see in the picture there, they are counting and inspecting confiscated guns.

www.iansa.org...

Heres a nice article of what IANSA thought of the defeat of the Gun Ban in Brazil that would have made it illegal to purchase small arms and ammunition. What really gets me is that they seem to blame guns for the violence and not the people who committ this violence. Reading that article in full really gives you the jist of the rabid hatred for firearms this group has, making such sensational claims that most of the guns used in crime were originally legally owned, while making no effort to substantiate the claim.

This also worries me, with all the chatter of Hillary running in 08, and possibly winning......

www.ontheissues.org...

Thoughts or added info anyone?

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Wow. I feel queasy. Even though our gun rights are stifled rather badly, a total ban? What about hunting? Outdoor safety in bear country? Target sports? Home defence (even though there is a bizarre belief in a lot of places that no, you don't have a right to defend your property)?

When guns are outlawed, only outlaws have guns. Period. Point finale. My country may have signed the protocol, but we still have SOME arms. Lord knows no blue helmet is going to defend me and mine if someone breaks into our house at night. Until there is, I will support the right to bear arms.

The site goes on about how stopping the manufacture and trade of arms will 'stop the killing'. It won't. If a person wants to kill, it doesn't matter if you hand them an AK or a machete.

DE

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I suppose y'all think this is only the UN's fault?

You don't think the cops and military were low on guns when they confiscated them in New Orleans, huh? It's no coincidence. Our govt and the UN are in cahoots on so many things, but this one is truly disturbing.

Know who will have guns if a global gun ban passed? Military, cops, and criminals...

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Know who will have guns if a global gun ban passed? Military, cops, and criminals...

In my opinion, that's when those three groups become practically indestinguishable from one another.

If the US government tries to confiscate guns, they're going to have a mess on their hands. In my experience, most gun owners are pretty serious about their ownership rights...

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 02:03 AM
link   
sweet ban all guns like I care...which I do I believe this is our country its our RIGHT for god sakes.... but thats ok take my gun I've been practising and have been in serval bouts using Yagu style swordsmanship back to the days of the sword muahahahaha

lol

then the would be home invader would be like "wtf he didnt have a gun...*collapse*

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
.... Home defence (even though there is a bizarre belief in a lot of places that no, you don't have a right to defend your property)?

It is not a bizarre belief that you dont have a right to defend your property... with the exception of your home and person... what else do you own that is worth taking the life of another person or having your life or loved ones life taken? Nothing! A gun as defence should only be used to protect you and your family... so it's not even really your home that you are protecting... but the lives in it. Just imagine if everyone thought that a gun permit or the gun laws meant that you had the right to shoot someone that was stealing your lawnmower from your yard. Say you caught someone in the middle of stealing your cd player from your car... should you be able to shoot them? NO... it's just a dumb cd player after all. Now if that same person getting caught pulls a gun on you... heck yeah, shoot to kill.

I carry a gun and have a permit to do so. I enjoy this right. I also am glad that some of my nieghbors dont have this same right... not everyone should be allowed to carry a gun... or even own one. I believe in the constitution and the bill of rights... but some people do take it a bit far. Some believe every American has the right to bare arms. Yes, they are born with that right... but they make choices that take that right from them. Felonies is one of those choices. I dont think you have to worry about the US as a whole ever giving up this right. It wont happen. They know there are too many Americans who own guns and are willing to fight for that right. Remember, it is also our right to form militia... which i believe we seriously need to be doing NOW. Look at this country and what our Government has been doing... We The People are supose to question it... supose to form a Militia... and are supose to demand actions against such a leader... and here we sit bitching and barking but not really taking any action. Who is really to blame for it all... We The People. If this passes and we give up our guns... it's our own fault for not doing what the Constitution told us to do... Defend our Rights!

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 07:32 AM
link   
considering that the US owes hundreds of millions of dollars to the UN how it is your tax dollars paying for it?

en.wikipedia.org...
U.S. arrears to the UN currently total over $1.3 billion. Of this, $612 million is payable under Helms-Biden. The remaining $700 million result from various legislative and policy withholdings; of course, there are no current plans to pay these amounts.

Also the site of UN is neutral! it doesn't belong to the US it belongs to the entire world.

en.wikipedia.org...
The United Nations headquarters building was constructed in New York City in 1949 and 1950 beside the East River on land purchased by an 8.5 million dollar donation from John D. Rockefeller, Jr.. It is a declared international zone belonging to all Member States, and as such will survive in perpetuity, forever belonging to the Member States as an asset of the UN.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by arnold_vosloo
Also the site of UN is neutral! it doesn't belong to the US it
belongs to the entire world.

Bull. (not you, but the paper) I don't care what that paper says.
It is prime New York City property and it's OURS.

The UN itself isn't neutral. It's anti-American. Syria
is on the security council for crying out loud
Just the fact that they picked July 4th - our Independence
Day - to attack one of our founding rights .. that says it all
and shows their anti-American agenda.

We don't owe them a stink'n dime. Considering how
much the UN members owe NYC in back payments for
car parking tickets ... I'd say they owe us!

They dont' want us to have guns because our founding fathers
knew that as long as citizens could be armed, then the government
couldn't take over in tyranny. The UN wants us unarmed so it can
have a world takeover NWO style.

They are nothing more than freak'n hoodlums in business suits.

[edit on 5/23/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Oh come on. We've never listened to what the UN said before (flashback to Iraq War 2). Why should we start now? They can call for whatever they want. They want to ban guns? Great. Why not start with sanctions against the governments (including ours) that supply huge amounts of military weapons to rebel groups all over the world? Why not ban guns in Congo, Nigeria, etc.? When they're done they can come talk to us.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Global gun ban? The UN doesn't have a clue, do they? My thoughts on the UN would truely get me in trouble with the Mods, so I say simply; Good luck with that ban thing. You can't accomplish anything, anywhere in the world, so your going to attempt to ban guns everywhere? Does Kelloge-Briand mean anything to you? This'll be just as successful as that was.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

"Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense?"
Patrick Henry

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
-Thomas Jefferson

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."
Latin: "A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand."
Seneca (Seneca the Elder)
This guy was one of the early smart ones. Obviously, the "Church" ignored him.

Nuf said!

sayswho (skep by any other name)

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Its really not as much the UN that is the power behind this issue, its large, well funded, and very organized groups like IANSA who poured so many resources into Brazil to ensure their Gun Ban went through(thank god it didnt). There are going to be 500 Anti-Gun groups at this meeting, I would really like to hear what they say. They say the conference is on combating the illicit trade of small arms, but when they release statements of dissapointment over legal gun ownership one only wonders. When you take away law abiding citizens rights to protect themselves, their families, and property by taking their guns away remember one thing, criminals wont put theirs down.

Heres a great website for those of you who want to stop this, got some good info.
IANSA Sucks!!!!!

[edit on 5/23/2006 by ludaChris]

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by thecandyman
It is not a bizarre belief that you dont have a right to defend your property... with the exception of your home and person... what else do you own that is worth taking the life of another person or having your life or loved ones life taken?

THAT is exactly the leap that these groups are making. 'Defend' doesn't mean 'kill'. Ever read any papers by John Lott? HE says that in 80% of all situations involving firearm defence, merely brandishing it is enough to end the confrontation.

Of course, criminals realize this too.

I support defending your property, not with lethal force. However, you're gonna hafta fight me for my Xbox.

DE

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Where is Al Quieda when we need them?

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
THAT is exactly the leap that these groups are making. 'Defend' doesn't mean 'kill'. Ever read any papers by John Lott? HE says that in 80% of all situations involving firearm defence, merely brandishing it is enough to end the confrontation.

Of course, criminals realize this too.

I support defending your property, not with lethal force. However, you're gonna hafta fight me for my Xbox.

DE

But if the criminal is brandishing a gun to try and take your property is your life not already in danger at this point. You cant simply roll over and give criminals what they want by just giving them what they want simply to save yourself, that is appeasement. You give them an inch, they will take a mile. I believe one should be able to defend themselves and their property with lethal force based on the principle that the moment the criminal brandishes their own weapon be it a knife, gun, crowbar they intend to do you harm to get what isnt theirs to begin with, then you have every right to do whats necessary to stop them. Even if it means killing them, one less low life in the world.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Sigh, you people just don't get it.

This isn't the UN screwing America alone. This is AMERICA hand in hand with the UN screwing America...well, the pieces of spit ruining this country. Do you really think the losers running this country would let the UN do this on the 4 of frickin JULY if they weren't in on it?

As for them having a tough time confiscating guns, ha, yeah right. When Al-CIAda strikes again, they'll easily snatch up the guns to keep us safe.
I'm telling you, Katrina was a beta test for snatching guns during an emergency...and that was a local emergency. Think what would happen with a NATIONAL emergency...

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
truthseeka, you scare me sometimes. I think you might be in my brain... Right down to the beta test...

I do have reservations about the NRA though. I'm going to have to do more research on this story.

WAIT - Who's calling this a Gun Ban besides the NRA?

THe UN site talks about illicit firearms. Not a gun ban. Can someone help me out?

[edit on 23-5-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
truthseeka, you scare me sometimes. I think you might be in my brain... Right down to the beta test...
I do have reservations about the NRA though. I'm going to have to do more research on this story.
WAIT - Who's calling this a Gun Ban besides the NRA?
THe UN site talks about illicit firearms. Not a gun ban. Can someone help me out?
[edit on 23-5-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

The NRA was the one protesting the Gun Confiscations in New Orleans. Before anyone thinks that it was the feds initiating the gun confiscations think again, there is a Louisianna Statute that permits this during a state of emergency, and while I dont agree with it, I can understand why they would impose it. People do crazy things during drastic times.

NRA addresses gun confiscations

The UN may be talking about illicit firearms but you have to look at the fine print and read between the lines of the statements from the largest group supporting this conference, IANSA. They failed to get the gun ban in Brazil passed, which was voted on by the Brazilian people by the way, and they are bitching and moaning because the people of Brazil said they want legal gun ownership. They want to regulate everything, of course your country has to ratify it, but the writing of the legislation is what scares me. They say this bill combats criminals, but how many criminals and drug runners are going to hand over their guns. If they want a gun, they can get one, legal or not.

Here is the text for the UN resolution, I've not finished reading it yet, its fairly complicated but only 11 pages.

UN Firearms Protocol
Its in PDF so youll need Adobe reader.

FNF

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Without guns America will fall into chaos like Western Europe! Oh no!

And think of all those human lives that will be lost by animals going on killing sprees...

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Ok so I read the .pdf and I did not see anything about a "blanket" ban on gun ownership. The entire treaty is dealing with black market weapons. What does concern me is the registration they want for firearms. But I do not support any UN law concerning weapons.

Originally posted by FNF
Without guns America will fall into chaos like Western Europe! Oh no!

And think of all those human lives that will be lost by animals going on killing sprees...

See that is a troll, and you are not even good at it.

[edit on 23-5-2006 by Imperium Americana]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join