It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stan Friedman and Michio Kaku to duke it out this weekend

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   
This came from the UFO Updates List

Science Fantastic

Listers may be interested in the fact that I have been invited
to appear with Theoretical Physicist, Michio Kaku on his new
radio show Science Fantastic on Saturday, May 20, at 6-7 PM,
Eastern.

Kaku, an expert on String Theory, had appeared in one of the few
good segments on the 2nd half of the Peter Jennings Special on
Feb. 24, 2005. It is ironic that Dr. Seth Shostak, one of the
most prominent SETI cultists, will appear during the previous
hour. The show is supposed to be on about 90 stations of of the
Talkradionetwork.I understand that it is available on the
internet via streaming.

>From what I gather, Kaku thinks maybe 1 or 2% of UFO sightings
can't be explained. I told the producer 10-20% would be closer
to the mark. The Internet seems to show that he is also anti-
nuclear, which I very definitely am not.

There will, I am told, be discussions and then call-ins as well.
Could be interesting... not supposed to be a debate.

Any input from those who may have heard other comments he has
made about UFOs would be appreciated.

Stan Friedman

Hope this quote isn't too long but that was the whole post.
Man I sure hope I can get one of those stations here cause this could be good.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
if you are able to get it, please try to record it and later post on ATS, I would love to hear it too but Im not sure if Im too far west to hear it?

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Michio Kaku will kick Freidmans ass.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Doctor, Doctor. What were you thinkin.

LO, if is on a local station my only means of recording it would be cassette(ok start old fart jokes now).
Maybe someone here can record the live stream or maybe it will turn up somewhere for download.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Helium 3 odds for Stan Friedman VS Michio Kaku

Friedman 4:1
Kaku 10:1

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Ahahaha this is gold! Dr Kaku will make an ape of Friedman. I like how Friedman is asking about comments Michio has made about UFOs before though. Always good to at least prepare. Should be an interesting show either way. Someone PLEEEEASE record it!

Anyone else here read Parallel Worlds and or Hyperspace? And if so, which would you recommend next of Michio Kaku's books?

- Jiffy

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 03:05 AM
link   
If Dr. Michio Kaku really thinks only 1-2% of UFO sightings are unexplained , I'm sure Stanton Friedman will clear him up on that.

Otherwise I don't see a whole lot of debate here. I don't think they'll have too much to argue about.

It'd be nice to listen live if I get the chance.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Friedman is gonna put him in his place. 1-2% unexplained? yeah, sure. Try 10-20%.

I wish I could see it though.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Will the only issue of this debate(it will eventually turn into a debate, it always does) be about what percentage of UFO's can't be explained?

I hope not. What a waste of brain power if it is.

While I thoroughly enjoy Kaku and his views on string theory I wish that he could either prove this theory once and for all or let it go for the time being.

Personally I much rather see these two brains tackle an issue like what is the best and quickest way to get a manned space craft to the moon and mars?

Or how ought we go about populating the moon and mars in the next two centuries.

This will be like Stephen Hawking being in charge of a guess-your-weight carny attraction in which all of his mathmatics are sound however he is going off of incorrect imperical data so in the end what you have is a guestimate.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Ah the nerd in me is drooling

These are two of my favorite people in their respective fields

Anyone know where this radio show is broadcast or if their is a webcast of it anywhere?

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Shadow nailed it. They're in different fields of physics. Which should make it even more interesting.
Btw Steve Kaeser posted this to Friedmans announcment

>Dr. Kaku appeared on a scientific panel sponsored by the Sci-Fi
>Channel and the Coalition for Freedom of Information in
>Washington DC in 2002 and you can find a link to his talk on
>interstellar propulsion at:

>www.freedomofinfo.org...

>This should be right up your alley.

To which Stanton replied-

Not really. Theoretical types really aren't accountable are
they?

Nobody was talking about the results of programs costing a
billion$ plus on nuclear airplanes, fission and fusion rockets,
nuclear ramjets or the use of cosmic freeloading...

I had almost forgotten about the conference. Just jealous I
wasn't invited I guess... because I would have shown slides of
real systems.

Saturday should prove interesting... I might sign up for the
$5.95 per month so as to catch the Shostak interview...

Stan

And did you notice how in my OP Stan refered to the SETI folk as cultists?
Stan the man.

[edit on 5/17/06 by longhaircowboy]

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Stanton would crush Kaku if there was a debate on UFOs because Kaku doesn't study UFO stories...he would be generalizing most of the time and that never works in a debate.

I think Kaku will push Stanton to go the extra mile in his views by being scientific. I don't expect a debate as much as a bring some meat to the table Stanton. Kaku is too open minded to attack people, he will push for clear answers instead.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I found 3 sites with info on Kakus radio show but haven't had time to check out whether they mention the Friedman show and what the topic might be.
www.mkaku.org...
www.talkradionetwork.com...
www.math.columbia.edu...
If anyone has a couple a free minutes could you check it out and post the info here?
Thanks

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Keep us informed.
This sounds good.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 07:02 AM
link   
@Jiffy
I have read hyperspace by Kako, it is a very interesting book and written in such a way as to be understood by layman. I heartley recommend it. Personally I love the idea of other dimensions, but I don't think string theory is necessarily correct. At the moment it is really an elaborate branch of pure mathematics with no evidence of proof. Hoever general relativity also allows for wormholes etc.
let me know how the showdown proceeds!

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   
good laugh, reading over replies that Kaku will somehow get the better of Friedman, for lack of lesser words!

Reminds me of the last time I saw Steven Greer many many years back, in person at a dinner table talkin' it up about anything and everything to make himself look good. Suddenly Stanton walks by and almost the entire table welcomes Stanton and shakes his hand, totally blowing off Greer in mid- sentence, exception being those beside Greer who honestly looked to be trying to be polite by pretending they care lol.

Stanton might not ALWAYS be correct or mistake-proof, but hes very well respected and a giant step above most of these "big name" researchers who , like Greer, ooze jealousy,.....
.... Stanton who honestly was just passing by and not trying to interupt, after he walked away Greer got in his cheap pot shots on Stanton to our table. But that's okay because after Greer, this so-called "respected figure in ufology" left the table to join another group for a photo, our entire table had our own laughs about Greer and his behaviour.
What a jerk. Shaking Stantons hand and saying "we should talk later", then waiting for the guy to walk off just to talk smack about his facial hair and clothing, comparing it to Stantons own Roswell research and ufo views.

Hopefully Greer will one day realize that talkin smack on people in a field you so wish to be respected in, doesn't do much to help your case......instead try contributing to it for a change.

[edit on 20-5-2006 by makaveli27]

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by makaveli27
good laugh, reading over replies that Kaku will somehow get the better of Friedman, for lack of lesser words!

Reminds me of the last time I saw Steven Greer many many years back, in person at a dinner table talkin' it up about anything and everything to make himself look good. Suddenly Stanton walks by and almost the entire table welcomes Stanton and shakes his hand, totally blowing off Greer in mid- sentence, exception being those beside Greer who honestly looked to be trying to be polite by pretending they care lol.

Stanton might not ALWAYS be correct or mistake-proof, but hes very well respected and a giant step above most of these "big name" researchers who , like Greer, ooze jealousy,.....
.... Stanton who honestly was just passing by and not trying to interupt, after he walked away Greer got in his cheap pot shots on Stanton to our table. But that's okay because after Greer, this so-called "respected figure in ufology" left the table to join another group for a photo, our entire table had our own laughs about Greer and his behaviour.
What a jerk. Shaking Stantons hand and saying "we should talk later", then waiting for the guy to walk off just to talk smack about his facial hair and clothing, comparing it to Stantons own Roswell research and ufo views.

Hopefully Greer will one day realize that talkin smack on people in a field you so wish to be respected in, doesn't do much to help your case......instead try contributing to it for a change.

[edit on 20-5-2006 by makaveli27]

Muahahaha, that, good sir, was a very entertaining post. Recently at an exopolitics conference I was around after the presentation while Dr. Greer was conversing with a few people (Just to hear what might be said in a smaller audience). He was about to leave and a gentleman came up to him and just tried to get his attention. At this point Dr. Greer pretended not to hear a thing andnoticed the man's wife and says "Have we met before?" Haha! Classic! He had hints of a huge ego though. He's definitely a public speaker. He came across as having the same body language and personality as one of those motivational speakers. Just thought I'd share!

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
archive.wbai.org...

Ok this website has an archive off all the radio programs from station that airs his show from the last 90 days.
I see several of Kaku's shows, but they are all Wednesday dates.
I'm sure it will eventually turn up on this page.
It would be nice to hear it live somewhere.

The program is on today at 5-8 pm EST which is in a little over 3 hours from now.

Chicago IL WBIG
Chicago IL WRMN
Boston MA WBET
Pittsburgh PA WBVP
Providence RI WPEP
Orlando FL WAMT
Columbus OH WLOH
Norfork VA WNIS
Greensboro NC WLXN
Birmingham AL WYDE
Greenville SC WAIM
Charleston SC WQSC
Columbia SC WISW
Mobile AL WNSI
Lexington KY WLXO
Chattanooga TN WGOW
Youngstown OH WPIC
Bridgeport CT WICC
Ft. Collins CO KSXT
Victor Valley CA KIXW
Shreveport LA KEEL
Quad Cities IA-IL KJOC
Palm Springs CA KPSI
Evansville IN WGBF
Poughkeepsie NY WGHQ
Tallahassee FL WUTL
Myrtle Beach SC WGTN
Anchorage AK KENI
San Luis Obispo CA KXTY
Ft. Smith AR KWHN
Ft. Smith AR KYHN
Binghampton NY WYOS
Odessa-Midland TX KWEL
Traverse City MI WMKT
Tri-Cities WA KTCR
Bowling Green KY WKCT
St. Cloud MN KNSI
Ft. Walton Beach FL WFTW
Parkersburg-Marietta WV-OH WVNT
State College PA WBLF
Billings MT KBLG
Watertown NY WATN
Beckley WV WWNR
Great Falls MT KQDI
Brunswick GA WGIG
Anniston AL WDNG
Geneva AL WGEA
Hope AR KXAR
Springerville AZ KWVZ
Needles CA KTOX
Cairo GA WGRA
Jasper GA WYYZ
Vaidosta GA WVGA
Ruper ID KBAR
Corbin KY WKDP
Many LA KWLA
Monticello ME WREM
Presque Isle ME WEGP
Brainerd MN WWWI
Eleventh MN KRBT
Cape Girardeau MO KZIM
Sikeston MO KSIM
Washington MO KLPW
West Plains MO KWPM
Hamilton MT KLYQ
Missoula MT KGVO
Albemarle NC WSPC
Sallisbury NC WSTP
Columbus NE KTTT
New London NH WNTK
New London NH WUVR
Clovis NM KICA
Farmington NM KENN
Les Cruces NM KOBE
Roswell NM KBIM
Cortland NY WKRT
Portsmouth OH WPAY
Coquille OR KWRO
Ambridge PA WMBA
Pierre SD KSQP
Crossville TN WAEW
Ardmore TX KVSO
Brownwood TX KXYL
Lufkin TX KRBA
Price UT KOAL
St. George UT KZNU
Radford VA WFNR
Sparta WI WKLJ
Ronceverte WV WRON

[edit on 20-5-2006 by Schaden]

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Schaden- thanks for the station list.
I get the Orlando station so I'm gonna check it out.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I haven't read much on Kaku... but I do respect Dr. Friedman not only for his meticulous, dogged and patient work but he seems to be an affable and approachable sort... nice, if you will. Wilford Brimley with a weapons grade mind?

If I had a choice of "lead dog" on a team to investigate the UFO/Shadow Gov phenomenon, this would be the guy I'd be most inclined to hand "the blank cheque" and "above executive privilege" authority to... say in Canada and the US.

Put Dr. Friedman and our Auditor-General (Sheila Fraser) together and you'd have an effective meat grinder team for exfoliating and abrading lies and deception and God only knows what else is under the skin. I get the "integrity" vibe from Dr. Friedman; he's obviously very talented, perhaps gifted, dual-citizen. Quite unique. He even answers emails from "Joe Nobody" like me, no form reply either - real human typing. Confidence inspiring. Same goes for Mrs. Fraser, Canadians'll know what I mean. She's in a class by herself when it comes to credibility. She answers her own email too.

His CV is pretty much flawless and mistakes or not I think we'd get truth. The good kind of truth... you know the one with actual proof and documentation that can stand the scientific rigour of 3rd party peer review and verification... Yep, that'd 'bout get the job done to my satisfaction. Others may not feel this way.

Other researchers are good too, some better than others, and none should be "not" taken into consideration until eliminated by demonstrable fallacy. It would be no fun to pick the right horse only to find there were other winners in the derby too.

If anyone gets a link for the audio please post in here or u2u me, Thanx, I love this stuff!

Victor K.

[edit on 21-5-2006 by V Kaminski]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join