It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry and the Subversion of the Catholic Church

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 03:12 AM
link   
www.catholicintl.com...

The Above link may be of some interest. It is an article written by by John Vennari. The quote below gives an insight to what the article is actually about.

John Vennari Editor, Catholic Family News
Transcript of a Speech given at the Fatima Peace Conference in Rome, October, 2001

This talk will be a brief expose of the 19th Century Masonic document “The Permanent Instruction of the Alta Vendita”, which mapped out a blueprint, a plan, which will help us to understand what is the “diabolic disorientation of the upper hierarchy” of which Sister Lucy spoke. The Permanent Instruction of the Alta Vendita, I believe, explains the root of that diabolic disorientation.

The information presented in this document may be a bit extreme, and does not reflect the general populous of Catholic laity or clergy. I say this becuase the recommendations at the bottom show that the author is "pre Vatican II", and sticks to the old "Tridentine" or latin version of the mass. He'd be what maybe be considered "Uber Orthodox" I guess. But the material might be of interest to some of the members here.

[edit on 16-5-2006 by chief_counsellor]

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   
It should be remembered that Italian Freemasonry specifically is, for the most part, horribly irregular and has a long history of intereference with religion and politics. It would come as no surprise to me to find that some lodges were influenced or infiltrated by the mafia. This would tell us as much about Italy as it would about freemasonry.

It is a common mistake to image freemasonry is a global hegemony. Although most regular Grand Lodges are quite similar in their outlook and philosophy there are a myriad of irregular 'masonic' organizations with multitudinous agendas.

It is the hope of many (christian) freemasons that the Catholic Church might come to understand this difference, and make peace with regular masonry while both parties condemn the practices of some Italian Grand Lodges and Orients.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I'd think that its pretty clear that masonry in Italy acts against the church, at least in the form of Garibaldi and Manzzini. Looks like some people (in the article) in the RCC are still pining over the loss of the Papal States.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   
so what can we expect now that the Papal seat is again unquestionably
and firmly linked to The Holy Office of the Inquisition?

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
If Im not mistaken, didn't the church write up a decree banning all Freemasons from tis ranks back in the 1980's?

Seeing how the Catholic church has basically subverted and persecuted anyone else who disagrees, it doesn't surprise me that Masons in Italy, the seat of Catholicism, would be anti-church as well.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Ratzinger is definitly an old school traditionalist, his being part of the Inquisition speaks to that. The Church probably won't make any more liberalizing reforms, like it has in the past.

I do recall that there was a candidate for the papacy that was extremely anti-masonic, as in, he was noted for being anti-masonic, but since he didn't win out, we probably won't see much in the way of anti-masonic activity from the church, or at least not an increase in it. Marking members as excommunicated from the church seems like its already enough of a move.

I think we can expect that he wouldn't undue any of the anti-masonic measures within the church, since he is a traditionalist and masonry is specifically singled out for being 'secular', he seems to be in the vein of secularism being a problem.

It would seem like the RCC could, through the KofC, expose some masons, as many people are in both organizations (I suspect anyway, this is from a person who is in neither), and that a more actively anti-masonic pope might do that.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
It would seem like the RCC could, through the KofC, expose some masons, as many people are in both organizations (I suspect anyway, this is from a person who is in neither), and that a more actively anti-masonic pope might do that.

One of the requirements to be a Knight of Columbus is that you are a practical catholic (obedient to the commandments and laws and precepts of the church), When Pope Benedict was Cardinal Ratzinger, he was a key figure in the Church's declaration on Masonic Associations. This decleration states that a Catholic that joins the Freemasons is not to recieve "communion", and basically that the individual is not in good standing with the Church.

So, a Catholic that is a Mason, does not fall under the guidlines for "practical Catholic", and should not enter the ranks of the Knights of Columbus. I wrote Supreme Council on this matter, and they stated a man can not be Knight and a Mason at the same time. However, there are some that do in fact join both organizations. If they followed the precepts of the church, and the by Laws of the K of C, they would not do this.

Since Pope Benedict, when he was Cardinal Ratzinger was a prominent figure in the Church's declaration on Masonic associations, he could be considered an anti-Masonic Pope.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by chief_counsellor
This decleration states that a Catholic that joins the Freemasons is not to recieve "communion", and basically that the individual is not in good standing with the Church.

I thought that a hundred year old papal bull already excommunicated catholics who joined any branch of masonry?

This seems to be similar to how the Church was able to deny Kerry communion recently, though in that case it was left up to the local bishop.

The really odd thing here is that, since the Church is part of the Ecumenical movement, and they don't claim that "There is no salvation outside the Church", it doesn't have much of a practical effect (in a sense). IOW, a catholic who becomes a mason still gets a pass to heaven.

So, a Catholic that is a Mason, does not fall under the guidlines for "practical Catholic", and should not enter the ranks of the Knights of Columbus.

Yes, but I am sure that there are and I've known at least one personally.

If they followed the precepts of the church, and the by Laws of the K of C, they would not do this.

Interesting. So a person that practices safe sex cannot be a KofC?

he could be considered an anti-Masonic Pope.

Thanks for clarifying that he was actively involved in anti-masonic 'legislation' within the Church. I had thought that such things weren't even necessary at this point.
Wouldn't any pope be anti-masonic anyways though?

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

I thought that a hundred year old papal bull already excommunicated catholics who joined any branch of masonry?

This seems to be similar to how the Church was able to deny Kerry communion recently, though in that case it was left up to the local bishop.

Kerry is not a member of any Masonic organization. A Republican priest got his 5 minutes of fame by publicly stating that if Kerry came to his parish, he would be denied communion because he is pro-choice. Interesting that the priest didn't say the same thing about Rudy Giuliani, who is a pro-choice Republican.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Pardon me for being an uninformed idiot here, but could someone be so kind as to post a link for Pope Benedicts connection with the Office of the Inquisition? I hadn't heard of this before now.

new topics

top topics

join