It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sir! No Sir! - The Unveiling Of A Vietnam GI Movement That Changed The War!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Whether you have ever SERVED in the Armed Forces of the United States (or other countries for that matter), were a protester or just have an opinion, "Sir! No Sir!" brings to light a movement that was swept away by the Government folks as much as possible. The following are FACTS from the film itself.

FACT: A group of GI's who sat in a stockade were facing the death penalty for sitting in a circle and singing "We Shall Overcome".

FACT: The bombings of the B-52's of Hanoi happened because the President Of The United States and the Top Brass of the military, could not trust the GI's on the front lines to do their bidding anymore.

FACT: Over 500,000 active duty military in the Vietnam War DESERTED!

FACT: Officers and Enlisted personnel who were responsible for decoding transmissions and giving coordinates to the bombers gave false information to prevent the North Vietnamese CIVILIAN population from getting bombed.

FACT: Not since the Watergate cover up has anything been exposed to the degree that "Sir! No Sir!" does in it's story.

Receiving critical acclaim all over the world, including a TWO THUMBS UP by the renowned Ebert & Roeper. "Sir! No Sir!" is in selected theaters now. Visit the "Sir! No Sir!" Home Page..... watch the trailer...... go to the movie. THEN, come back here at tell us and the world WHAT YOU THINK!

Sir! No Sir! Home Page

VIEW Sir! No Sir! Movie Trailers

Dave

[edit on 1/3/2008 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
By going to the link provided, I found out that Dave Rabbit is featured in their audio archives. Considering this is a forum dedicated to his work, I would say that it is appropriate for him to mention it here.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Thanks Duzey....

Couldn't have said it better myself. My forum is not PRO or CON anything.... except PRO TROOPS (all countries). It is going to provide controversial subjects to be debated .... which is what attracted me to ATS to being with.... I still am amazed at all the topics and discussions.

Anyway... Thanks!

Dave

[edit on 5/15/2006 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dave Rabbit
Thanks Duzey....

You're welcome.

While I may not always have a lot to contribute to your forum, I am sure I will follow the discussions with great interest.

Thank you for bringing your unique perspective and experiences here to share with us.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Hey Boat....

Not wanting to get in a "hissing" match either..... this forum thing is new to me, so I am very much a newbie..... so you and the other ATS old timers are just going to have to bear with me as I get my feet wet with this.

When I started communicating and became friends with one of the "ATS Partner's", this forum was not even a concept at the time. Over the past month or so, we have privately e-mailed each other on things to do with my coming out of the Rabbit Hole and discussing folks who were associating themselves with me. One of those folks was "Sir! No Sir!". As another member stated, they committed a full page to audio clips of the only surviving show dating back to Saigon 1971. I have since become friends with David Zeiger...... saw the critics release DVD of the movie a couple of months ago..... and, quite frankly, like you.... didn't realize everything that the movie brings out.... and I was there 3 years. I saw racial tensions and things of that nature, but never saw or even heard about all the rest.... other than what Stars And Stripes or AFVN allowed us to know about. So you can imagine how I felt when I saw the film, listened to the people who the "FACTS" thing was patterned after, researched on my own to see if what was being portrayed was true... and then somehow trying to process the information in a form that made sense to me.

I know it may seem like lies..... but that is exactly why the story has been burried for 35 years or so until David Zeiger put his financial and personal life on the line to bring the troops story to the forefront. Roeper said in his comments when he and Ebert did their review, and this is approximate "Some may think them cowards or traitors... but history seems to have proved them right!"

As I said, I served four years in the Air Force. Radio First Termer was created not as an Anti-War machine.... but as a vehicle to SUPPORT THE TROOPS whose lives were on the line each and every moment of every day of their tour. If bashing the idiots and the buttwipes who created the mess happened to get zapped by me and my comments along the way..... "Friendly Fire". I have always been a proud supporter of those who have answered the call of duty and will to the day I die. Hopefully, at my age (57) I can also appreciate those who didn't serve and believed in their causes just as much as I or the next person..... the SNS men and women.

I hope that the topics in the forums here create interest. I hope they create discussion.... both PRO and CON. But when the dust settles at the end of the day, the only thing I want everyone to agree on.... is that the TROOPS are the ones who have given us all the FREEDOM to write our opinions on ATS or anywhere else. I just want THEM RESPECTED..... not the ones that SENT THEM THERE!

Thanks again for your post.

Dave

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dave Rabbit
As I said, I served four years in the Air Force. Radio First Termer was created not as an Anti-War machine.... but as a vehicle to SUPPORT THE TROOPS whose lives were on the line each and every moment of every day of their tour.

No doubt that one can be against a war and still "Support the Troops"...

You, or others, may not have "created" Radio First Termer as an Anti-War machine, but do you not find it ironic that besides offering the G.I.'s alternative listening versus listening to Armed Forces Radio that Radio First Termer did indeed become historically known as a vehicle for protesting the Vietnam war and relaying mixings of anti-war messages and lyrics?

seekerof

[edit on 15-5-2006 by Seekerof]

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   
..... yeah it's funny how history comes up and bites one in the buttocks. "I" have to take the blame for the show, I conceived and created it and my partner in crime, Pete, was right there with me for the implementation of it. When I say it was not intended as a "Anti-War" show.... I say so tongue in cheek
! Of course, everything we did was to smack the establishment (and especially the Base Commander) in the chops with each gag and put down. That just happens to be, as I said somewhere else "Friendly Fire". Back then, when I was 22, giving a spit about what anyone thought OTHER than the TROOPS never entered my mind. Finding out, 35 years later, was the real wild thing. None of us would have EVER believed in a thousand years, that the show would start a life of it's own. Ironic? No, FATE!

Dave

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Well, actually, those facts Dave rabbit posted are in fact pretty much genuine facts. I remember the last newspaper (SF Chronicle) headline I saw before entering basic training at Fort Ord declared that there had been approximately 100,000 desertions. This was Febuary 25th/26th, 1969. My memory isn't picture perfect at this point, which has a lot to do with the poor quality of acid that I later went up against, a few months later, at Fort. Lewis. But the numbers inlcuded all branches of the military.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Sir! No Sir! A Film About The Gi Movement Against The War In Vietnam.
This is the story of one of the most vibrant and widespread upheavals of the 1960's–one that had profound impact on American society, yet has been virtually obliterated from the collective memory of that time.

Synopsis

In the 1960’s an anti-war movement emerged that altered the course of history. This movement didn’t take place on college campuses, but in barracks and on aircraft carriers. It flourished in army stockades, navy brigs and in the dingy towns that surround military bases. It penetrated elite military colleges like West Point. And it spread throughout the battlefields of Vietnam. It was a movement no one expected, least of all those in it. Hundreds went to prison and thousands into exile. And by 1971 it had, in the words of one colonel, infested the entire armed services. Yet today few people know about the GI movement against the war in Vietnam.

The Vietnam War has been the subject of hundreds of films, both fiction and non-fiction, but this story–the story of the rebellion of thousands of American soldiers against the war–has never been told in film.This is certainly not for lack of evidence. By the Pentagon’s own figures, 503,926 “incidents of desertion” occurred between 1966 and 1971; officers were being “fragged”(killed with fragmentation grenades by their own troops) at an alarming rate; and by 1971 entire units were refusing to go into battle in unprecedented numbers. In the course of a few short years, over 100 underground newspapers were published by soldiers around the world; local and national antiwar GI organizations were joined by thousands; thousands more demonstrated against the war at every major base in the world in 1970 and 1971, including in Vietnam itself; stockades and federal prisons were filling up with soldiers jailed for their opposition to the war and the military.

Yet few today know of these history-changing events.

Sir! No Sir! will change all that. The film does four things: 1) Brings to life the history of the GI movement through the stories of those who were part of it; 2) Reveals the explosion of defiance that the movement gave birth to with never-before-seen archival material; 3) Explores the profound impact that movement had on the military and the war itself; and 4) The feature, 90 minute version, also tells the story of how and why the GI Movement has been erased from the public memory.

I was part of that movement during the 60’s, and have an intimate connection with it. For two years I worked as a civilian at the Oleo Strut in Killeen, Texas–one of dozens of coffeehouses that were opened near military bases to support the efforts of antiwar soldiers. I helped organize demonstrations of over 1,000 soldiers against the war and the military; I worked with guys from small towns and urban ghettos who had joined the military and gone to Vietnam out of a deep sense of duty and now risked their lives and futures to end the war; and I helped defend them when they were jailed for their antiwar activities. My deep connection with the GI movement has given me unprecedented access to those involved, along with a tremendous amount of archival material including photographs, underground papers, local news coverage and personal 8mm footage.

Sir! No Sir! reveals how, thirty years later, the poem by Bertolt Brecht that became an anthem of the GI Movement still resonates:

General, man is very useful.
He can fly and he can kill.
But he has one defect: He can think.

Treatment

Like the Vietnam War itself, the GI Antiwar Movement started small and within a few years had exploded into a force that altered history. And like the times from which it grew, the movement involved organized actions and spontaneous resistance, political groups and cultural upheaval. The movement was never characterized by one organization or leader. Rather, between 1966 and 1975, groups of soldiers–some small and some numbering in the thousands–emerged to challenge the war and racism in the military. Group action and individual defiance, from the 500,000 GIs who deserted over the course of the war to the untold numbers who wore peace signs, defied military discipline and avoided combat, created a “# the Army” counter-culture that threatened the entire military culture of the time and changed the course of the war.

[edit on 5/20/2006 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Sir! No Sir! Loosely divides the war and movement into four chapters, each reflecting the mood, politics and culture of the years it depicts as American society became increasingly polarized. Here is a brief outline:

1965-1967: “A FEW MALCONTENTS.”

As the Johnson administration turns what was initially a small “Police Action” into an all-out war and the peace movement begins, isolated individuals and small groups in the military refuse to participate and are severely punished: Lt. Henry Howe is sentenced to two years hard labor for attending an antiwar demonstration; the Ft. Hood 3 are sentenced to three years hard labor for refusing duty in Vietnam; Howard Levy, a military doctor, refuses to train Special Forces troops and is court-martialed as Donald Duncan, a celebrated member of the Green Berets, resigns after a year in Vietnam; and Corporal William Harvey and Private George Daniels are sentenced to up to 10 years in 1967 for meeting with other marines on Camp Pendleton to discuss whether Blacks should fight in Vietnam.

1968-1969: “WE THOUGHT THE REVOLUTION WAS STARTING.”

The war escalates as the peace movement becomes an international mass movement, and soldiers begin forming organizations and taking collective action: The Ft. Hood 43, Black soldiers who refused riot-control duty at the 1968 Democratic National Convention, are sentenced for up to 18 months each; the largest military prison in Vietnam, Long Binh Jail (affectionately called LBJ by the troops), is taken over by Black soldiers who hold it for 2 months; The Presidio 27–prisoners in the stockade on the Presidio Army Base in San Francisco–are charged with mutiny, a capital offense, when they refuse to work after a mentally ill prisoner is killed; underground newspapers published by antiwar GIs appear at almost every military base in the country; the American Serviceman’s Union is formed; antiwar coffeehouses are established outside of military bases. In Vietnam, small combat-refusals occur and are quickly suppressed, but on Christmas Eve, 1969, 50 GIs participate in an illegal antiwar demonstration in Saigon. Vietnam Veterans Against the War (VVAW) is formed.

1970-1973: “SIR, MY MEN REFUSE TO FIGHT!”

Opposition to the war turns militant and the counter-culture rises to its peak: Tens of thousands of soldiers desert and flee to Canada, France and Sweden; thousands of soldiers organize and participate in Armed Farces Day demonstrations at military bases; drug use is rampant and underground radio networks flourish in Vietnam as Black and white soldiers increasingly identify with the Antiwar and Black Liberation movements; combat refusals and “fragging” of officers in Vietnam are epidemic. Thousands are jailed for refusing to fight or simply defying military authority, and nearly every U.S. military prison in the world is hit by riots. Jane Fonda’s antiwar review, The FTA Show, tours military bases and is cheered by tens of thousands of soldiers; the Pentagon concludes that over half the ground troops openly oppose the war and shifts its combat strategy from a ground war to an air war; the Navy and Air Force are both riddled with mutinies and acts of sabotage. VVAW holds the Winter Soldier Investigation, exposing American war crimes through the testimony of veterans, and stages the most dramatic demonstration of the Vietnam era as hundreds of veterans hurl their medals onto the Capitol steps.

EPILOGUE: THE MYTH OF THE SPITTING HIPPIE

As the U.S. military and its allies flee Vietnam in disarray in the Spring of 1975, the government, the media, and Hollywood begin a 20 year process of erasing the GI Movement from the collective memory of the nation and the world. Ronald Reagan’s “Resurgent America” campaign re-writes the history of Vietnam and erases the GI Movement; by 1990, over 100 theatrical films have been produced about the Vietnam War, none of which portray the GI Antiwar Movement or any opposition to the war by soldiers; the myth that antiwar activists routinely spat on returning soldiers is spread as part of the buildup to the 1990 Gulf War.

The story is told with the rising intensity characterized by each chapter–the vivid, heart-wrenching stories of participants in the movement are, fitting the times, surrounded by and infused with the growing swirl of events of which they became a part.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
One thing that is startling about the GI Movement, given how thoroughly it has been erased from memory, is how widely it was covered by the media at the time it happened. There are literally thousands of news reports, both from local and national television and newspaper and magazine articles about the movement–several of which appear in the film. We have obtained thousands of editions of GI Underground papers from archives around the country. With this material, we have created a vivid picture of the development of the movement.

In addition, we have obtained exclusive rights to the handful of documentary films that dealt with the GI Movement at the time, along with: FTA, the feature film about Jane Fonda and Donald Sutherland’s antiwar review that traveled to military bases around the world (and we have included an exclusive interview with Jane Fonda about her role in the GI and veterans’ antiwar movements); moving footage of Vietnam veterans hurling their medals onto the capitol steps in 1971; an audio recording made by Richard Boyle, journalist and author of The Flower of the Dragon and the Oliver Stone film Salvador, of the combat refusal by troops at Firebase Pace in 1971 that sped up the final withdrawal of U.S. ground forces; and never-before-seen Super-8 and 16mm film footage of events in the GI Movement shot by GIs and civilian activists.

The heart and soul of Sir! No Sir! is found in the individuals who’s stories it tells. A few are:

 Greg Payton, an African-American, imprisoned at Long Binh Jail for refusing to fight, who was part of the uprising there.

 Dave Cline, wounded three times in Vietnam and antiwar activist at Ft. Hood, the site of some of the staunchest resistance to the war and racism.

 Keith Mather, jailed in the Presidio for publicly refusing orders to go to Vietnam and a leader of the Presidio 27 mutiny.

 Dr. Howard Levy, jailed three years for refusing to train Special Forces troops.

 Navy nurse Susan Schnall, jailed for dropping leaflets from an airplane onto the Presidio army base.
 Terry Whitmore, a highly-decorated combat veteran who deserted to Sweden.

 Members of “WORMS” (We Openly Resist Military Stupidity), Air Force linguists stationed in Asia who went on strike during the 1972 Christmas bombings of Hanoi and Haiphong.

 And many more of the thousands of GIs who, during what was the worst time in their lives, created something new, dynamic and groundbreaking.

Sir! No Sir! ~ A Film By David Zeiger

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Considering there were no personal computers, no internet, no cellphones, no Fed Express, overnite or 2nd day air services, the G.I. Movement did make quite an impact at the time. There was just the newspapers and the three major networks, the U.S. Mail and word of mouth. But G.I.'s coming out against the war, deserting in high numbers, young men refusing to serve, or dodging the draft, had never happened before...well, outisde of the occasional mutiney. The fact is the G.I. movement was big news. Imagine the effect it had on everyone, the hawks and doves alike - the gentlemen who fought in the war questioning it. This movement was probably the primary reason the draft was discontinued. You can see the powers that be taking note: you can tell the volunteer that he's sole responsible for his plight, and he'll have to take it, becuase he, well, volunteered. He asked for it. With his eyes wide open. But the draftee...

These guys in Iraq... In Vietnam we had the single tour. More if you volunteered to have your tour extended, (which some people did for the six month early out). But these National Guard people, and the all volunteer army, alot of them have endured multiple tours because the military, due to poor management, has been spread too thin.

Does anyone think it's time to renew the draft?

[edit on 20-5-2006 by KimWHoffman]

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
NO NOT SADLER.

Dave thanks for the email. I still have the 7" reel. You were the hero of all of the 601 Rat Pack. Did Combat Pix. In and out of Loas/ Cambodia. Been to some of the places your were at the same time. I was the guy that caused the race riot at NKP 1972.

Check and see Why the Mekong Ran Red

It wernt JELLO.

I lot of people died and were put in holes. Nobody has told where we put them.

All I can say is If You Haven't Walk the Walk No Talkie B***S***

See If I get this right

18 days till I can go home to Picket and protest this
f****** waste of Human life

that Lifers and the government call WAR $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Luv ya Dave.

Aheaa

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Hi Dave,

I'm going to be honest and admit that I still haven't decided how I feel about this new addition to ATS. To me it is a fairly substantial change from the usual way things are done here, and rather than a discussion thread, this thread seems to be simply a promotional vehicle for the movie. Now, if the thread explored the movies themes and claims, I can understand that. But the opening post to the thread was almost like a paid advertisement.

The other thing I struggle to reconcile is the use of the word "FACT". It may be another of my ATS cultural prejudices, but anyone who writes "FACT" followed by a statement with no supporting evidence on ATS is usually opening themselves up. If I went into a 9/11 conspiracy thread and simply said "FACT: The government had no role in the attacks on the World Trade Centre", it wouldn't take long for me to be overwhelmed with responses (most violently worded) that I am an idiot, that I should open my mind and deny ignorance, or that I am a Government disinformation agent. Of course, if I said "FACT: The US government rigged the WTC with explosives and flew drone aircraft into the buildings a la Project Northwood", I would encounter a similar reaction from the counter-conspiracy crew. Such is the strengths (and occassionaly weaknesses) of ATS.

I guess it comes down to what you are hoping to achieve, and what you represent yourself as. Maybe it is just your style, maybe it is my ATS perceptions, or more likely a combination of the two that are causing me issues. I do believe you have a role to play here, I am interested in what you have to say, but feel a little uncomfortable that your threads are more op/ed pieces, and may require a different format/location than the traditional topic threads that exist on ATS.

Oh, and before I get flamed (by others), I'm a veteran of the War in Iraq, though as a Coalition member rather than a US serviceman. And yes, I'm p***ed about the justification for war, but proud of what the majority of us did and continue to do.

Hope the feedback is useful. Good luck anyways, and a belated welcome to the ATS

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   
First off...

To Aheaaja.....

Thanks for taking the time to come in and chat.
7" Reels.... Akaii, Teac.... good days they were. Anyway, I will keep you informed of things that are going on and you do the same. Be cool my brother.

Now... Willard.....

First off, welcome home my brother. I'm glad you are SAFE. In regards to "Sir! No Sir!", the OWNERS of ATS evidently thought enough about it to consider them joining the ATS family as I have done. THEY are more into their own world where I, on the other hand.... am a PERFECT FIT and am proud to call ATS my FORUM HOME on our website.

FACTS.... as I said in an earlier post.... I checked out everything, including their sources that they based the movie on. The FACTS are correct. Having served three tours in Vietnam... honestly, I thought made me an expert. But the movie brought out things that I personally never saw. As I have said more than a few times... I was really blown away.

Regarding the promotional vehicle comment... a little maybe. But the THREE AMIGOS wanted this forum to be about conspiracy....... because that is what ATS is ALL about. For my era, the Vietnam Conflict was my course of knowledge and SNS was a perfect fit and match of not only what the ATS BOSSES want this forum to be... but what I want this forum to be.

Just for the record.... just because things are in the forum... does not mean that "Dave Rabbit" or ATS necessarily agrees 100% with what is posted here. We do, however, agree that there was a huge cover-up in Vietnam. SNS brings to light something that was covered up over 35 years.

If you know anything about me what so ever, you know that I SUPPORT THE TROOPS. DID THEN and DO NOW! So far, just in pre-production planning our Radio First Termer Iraq group has logged several hundred hours... and we have several hundred more before we will be satisified that we have a product that will SERVE the Men and Women in Iraq when we broadcast the show. It is a labor of love. No one is making a DIME... not one CENT. All of our time and our effort is because we LOVE & SUPPORT THE TROOPS!

Now you are probably saying.... "Well Dave.... then why are you promoting SNS as it is a movie about draft dodgers and things that contradict your service." Well, good question. Maybe it has to do with being 57 now and not 22. Although my stance THEN and STILL IS TODAY that the TROOPS are the NUMBER ONE PRIORITY for me. After learning that SNS had used a few of my clips for their movie.... then meeting David Zeiger and becoming friends with him..... seeing the Critic's Copy of the movie some 3 months ago....... sitting there with my family and watching the story unfold... I have to tell you... I WAS SHOCKED. I saw racial tensions galore during my three tours.... but personally NEVER SAW the things that the movie brings out. You have to understand, of course, that STARS and STRIPES and AFVN were not real HIGH on TELLING THE TRUTH TO THE TROOPS. Anyway, absorbing the story of the SNS Men and Women... seeing them... hearing their stories.... honestly I was moved. Even though Radio First Termer has been heralded as an ANTI-WAR show in history... it was really more about ANTI-STUPIDITY..... and believe me...... there was LOTS of that which I PERSONALLY WITNESSED.

I guess what I'm trying to say.... and maybe not doing a very good job of it... is that although at the time when I was 22.... I probably would have taken a different stance than I do today..... what I can tell you is that I have a tremendous amount of RESPECT for those that STOOD THEIR GROUND and did what THEY BELIEVED was RIGHT! If I have learned anything in 35 years... I have learned that people have a tremendous amount of passion about things... politics, religion... ATS
. Because I would like to hope that these forums give folks the ability to agree, disagree or have no opinion what so ever (haven't met any of those here
) all I want at the end of the day is that everyone in ATS ..... RESPECTS what others have to say... and if they don't.... say so.... without slander or verbal abuse or attack.

I think SNS is a powerful story. ATS thinks SNS is a powerful story. This forum is for what YOU and the OTHERS think. If you get the chance... see the movie. Digest it. Then come back and give me and the other great ATS family the benefit of your insight and wisdom.

I do have one last thing to tell you.... I am presently communicating with about 12 Iraq troops in the combat zone right now. And if the 12 are any indication... Vietnam was just the tip of the iceberg.

Thanks so much for taking your valuable time to write me. I appreciate you and all the other of my Brothers and Sisters in Arms so much. I told some folks yesterday... that unless they had their lives on the line every day... knowing it could be their last... they would NEVER UNDERSTAND the mentality or the passion of a BEING A VET.

(Salute)

Dave

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Thanks mate, appreciate the response. As I said, I think it is more my issue in having to come to grips with your writing style, which is certainly a lot different to what is normally on here. I accept your points regarding the facts, now that you have described why you believe them (context is everything for me I guess)

I'll try and see the movie based on your thoughts, not sure if it is available here in Australia.

Stay well, look forward to talking to you again soon.

Will

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Take Care Will.....

Why not e-mail me so I can put you on my DRIC (Dave Rabbit Insider's Club) where I can keep you posted on NEW things that Radio First Termer is doing with regards to the Iraq show or whatever.

[email protected]

PLEASE let me know it is YOU in case your e-mail doesn't have "Will" somewhere in it
! I look forward to hearing from you DOWN UNDER!

Dave

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
David Zeiger has asked me to attend and be available for the Dallas, Texas premier of "Sir! No Sir!" and I have accepted. It will be at the:

Angelika Film Center - Dallas
5321 E. Mockingbird Lane
Dallas, Texas 75206

www.angelikafilmcenter.com...

I will be presenting the film and discussing it afterwards at the following performances:

Friday May 26th at the 8:15 p.m. performance.

Saturday May 27th at the 6:15 p.m. performance.

Sunday May 28th at the 2:15 p.m. performance.

If you live in the Dallas area, please come and introduce yourself as an ATS MEMBER and I will give you a SPECIAL GIFT on behalf of myself and ATS. Hope to see a few of you there.

Dave

[edit on 5/25/2006 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Hi, I just wondered when the movie is either going to be for sale or be shown on free speech tv, that is where I first heard about the movie was watching their news program. I live out in the boonies and it will probably not be shown here.

Hubby was a marine and was sent to Saigan during the fall of Saigan, getting people out. Most of his older brothers were in Vietnam as well, like you one of his brothers served three tours there and one served two. Hubby had just gotten old enough to join right before the war ended.

www.democracynow.org.../05/24/1436213
On Monday, Ann Wright, a Retired Army Colonel and former U.S. diplomat, found herself handcuffed to chair inside the Fort McNair military base in Washington after being detained at the base. Her crime: passing out a flyer for the film “Sir, No Sir: The Suppressed Story of the GI Movement to End the War In Vietnam.” We’re joined by Ann Wright, as well as the film’s director. [includes rush transcript]

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Hi Goose....

You are in luck kiddo, and this is straight from David Zeiger who I talked to today for 45 minutes or so about my appearance in Dallas. Sometime around July, the FIRST EDITION of the DVD will be available through normal outlets and also DIRECTLY via mail from the "Sir! No Sir!" website:

www.sirnosir.com...

I will keep everyone posted as we will have a shortcut here on ATS as well as the RFT Home Page which will go directly to the SNS DIRECT MAIL site. The July version will simply be JUST THE MOVIE

In OCTOBER, the SPECIAL EDITION DVD will be available which will be a 2 DVD set. One, the movie, the second, tons of SPECIAL FEATURES including several hours of additional footage that didn't make the movie AND a PERSONAL INTERVIEW on camera with some undergound Saigon Pirate Radio DJ
!

Anyway.... it is coming soon to a BOONIE NEAR YOU!

Dave

[edit on 5/25/2006 by Dave Rabbit]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join