It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

333 References of death to disbelievers in the Quran…333…

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 07:51 AM
link   
First up: That is a great deal of angst against disbelievers, 333 times the Quran speaks of death and demise to people who do not believe or convert to Islam.

With this many references to violence how can anybody be surprised at Islam’s perception of violence? The very book that its cultures, societies, and many laws are based on preaches death for disbelief. I can’t imagine what its like to live in that kind of fear. I have much respect for any brave souls who choose to openly follow another faith in an Islamic nation.

Want to learn more about the “Religion of peace” and its 333 violent directions towards non believers? Well, here is a great reference for you: Skepticsannotated

They break down the Quran (and Bible too) into filterable sections based on content. It’s a great way to find what you want fast.

333, that’s an odd number, why does it strike a cord with me, maybe because it’s half of 666? Coincidence? Just throwing that out there…

[edit on 11-5-2006 by skippytjc]

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   
My Bible teaches ETERNAL DEATH. Hmmmmmmm. Weird- I think this thread is about to become......

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajesticJax
My Bible teaches ETERNAL DEATH. Hmmmmmmm. Weird- I think this thread is about to become......

Hope your Bible is not THE Bible, because that has 839 refferences to death and murder, or about a 140 pages worth...

Organized religion…The cause of more war, death, and absolute carnage than any other cause in human history…Oh the love and tolerance….

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   
So skippy are you anti-religious?

[edit on 11-5-2006 by NeoQuest]

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
check out the KJV and other bible versions - look at how many people were killed by "The Lord" and agents doing the will of G-d.

I'm not anti-religious - I am pro-fairness and full-disclosure. I won't even go into how many millions were killed after the bible was "finished" by the devout and holy doing the will of their G-d. Onward Christian soldiers - smite them all!

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoQuest
So skippy are you anti-religious?

[edit on 11-5-2006 by NeoQuest]

I have great distaste for organized religion. Organized religion is like a mob mentality, uncontrollable and without thought or intelligence.

Your average person of religion is quite intelligent and maybe even very open and rational as an individual. But as a collective you have a mass of evil and destruction that follows little logic or direction.

I understand an individual’s need for belief, no matter what it is. I have my own beliefs after all that do for me what others beliefs do for them. That’s all fine and dandy.

But organized belief is nothing but pure evil. A version of belief should NEVER be dictated to you, and more importantly belief should never be forced on others who do not share that belief. And organized religion, ALL OF THEM, do just that. They force belief. EVIL.

How many laws must I follow today in America that are based on religious principle? There are many. How many practices of my belief are not permitted in certain places because it does not mesh with others religions? That’s forced belief.

Collective belief in something as emotional as religion is the most destructive force ever known to man. More people have died in the name of some collective belief than any other cause in human history.

And you know what? It’s no better today than it was two thousand years ago. Organized religion has done nothing to improve man as a collective; it’s actually quite the opposite.

So yes, you can say I am anti religious. But I am not anti belief. What you believe is not better than what I believe, but unfortunately some of you are willing to kill me over it.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
So what do you think about the christianty rising once again to dominance in the western world? Seems like we could see a comeback sir, I guess you'll be moving to Japan.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Yeah, "organised" religion has also spawned such evil as the Salvation Army, World Vision, and many other humanitarian causes too.

Humans will use just about any excuse to go to war or take what they want from others (eg: spreading "freedom" in Iraq). Blaming the faith system itself only makes sense when the adherents of that faith are acting in line with the tenets it espouses.

For example: The crusades. Christ preached a message of peace. The crusaders went to war. Does one then call Christ's doctrine to account because a bunch of greedy psychos traversed the globe to kill in his name?

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   

They who deny Our revelations and scorn them, for them the gates of heaven will nor be opened.

Real evil.

Should all religions that aren't part ofthe ecumenical movement be wiped out?

Also, in Islam, the unbeleiver, he doesn't go to hell for enternity, he goes to something like christian purgatory, where he is punished and purified, and then enters heaven.

Unlike in christainity, where the unbeleivers are personally murdered and exterminated by a Jebus Army, and tossed into lakes made out of fire for all eternity.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I don't understand that link, skippy. Could you explain it? I mean, I looked through, and saw that they highlighted stuff like "Praise be to God" and "The Most Merciful". I found this weird, but I went on. Then there was stuff highlighted and coloured red, but this was all about the suffering in hell. I didn't see anything about death to unbelievers...?

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Collective belief in something as emotional as religion is the most destructive force ever known to man. More people have died in the name of some collective belief than any other cause in human history.

Despite your claims of objectivity, you are constantly busy on this board trying to create a collective belief that Islam is the most destructive force ever known to man. From repeated threads on the alleged link between pedophilia in Islamic countries and factors creating terrorists, to the "333" quotes from Quran. I don't see an equally eloquent dicourse from you on the comparative value of the Biblical Fire and Brimstone as applied to sinners, to how Jews are related to non-Jews in the talmudic tradition.

I've been to a few secular muslim countries and I found people there to be quite similar to other nations, including christians. Quran may be considered by some as a weird book wich contradicts itlself on many counts, but it's not grounds for you to go and besmirch millions of decent people with one broad brush.

[edit on 12-5-2006 by Aelita]

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Islam poses more of a threat to me and my family right this moment than Christans do.

Ive said this before, and ill say it again: I know more people killed or affected by Islamic terrorism than any other kind. And until that changes my opinions won’t change.

I also know of more Christian movements against radical Christians than I know of Islamic movements against radical Islam.

Islam is, as Islam does. And right now Islam is not doing so well.

Oh, and Aelita: I dont post any more negative Islamic posts than a huge amount of members post negative posts about the USA or the west. Where is your protest agaisnt that? You havent? Not suprised here...

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 08:43 AM
link   
>Despite your claims of objectivity, you are constantly busy on this board trying to create a collective belief that Islam is the most destructive force ever known to man.

Take a head count of the number of active 'conflicts' occurring...

It's ALMOST ALL involving Islam vs something or another. In dealing with organized religions the key to understand what is actually playing out is not to listen to their propagandists, but to look and see what their real behavior...

Death, oppressing women, murder, mayhem, brutality, head-slicing...

If you were playing charades the answer would be...

Islam.

I guess you're right, Aelita... The consensus IS that Islam is currently the most destructive force on the surface of the planet.

Why does this verifiable reality so distress you Aelita?

[edit on 17-5-2006 by golemina]

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Islam poses more of a threat to me and my family right this moment than Christans do.

And radical islamists pose far far greater a threat to them than regular old muslims.

Ive said this before, and ill say it again: I know more people killed or affected by Islamic terrorism than any other kind. And until that changes my opinions won’t change.

But why slam islam, when its islamic terrorism that is the problem? People in england have been killed by catholic terrorists, does that mean that the RCC is a threat to england?

And right now Islam is not doing so well.

But, again, not everyone who is a pious muslim is a threat, or even part of the problem. I mean, are the catholics in the US that didn't speak out against the IRA and Republican Movement part of a "Catholic Cabal" to destroy england, to reclaim it for the papacy and undue the Anglican revolution?

golemina
It's ALMOST ALL involving Islam vs something or another.

?
Like what? The chechans are fighting the russians. Is that because of Islam? If the chechans were shintoists, they wouldnt' be fighting?
The palestinians and israelis, how much of that is because of Islam, and how much is because of history, with religion used as a justification? If the Palestinians were all Druze, would it make a difference?
As far as the WOT, thats specifically not against Islam, its against the states, secular, islamist, communist, etc, that support organizations like al-qaida. Al-qaida is made up of radical, militant, lunatic muslims, NOT moderate muslims.
Other conflicts in the world include war in nepal between communists and hindus. Suicide Bombings in south india perpetrated by Tamil hindus. Guerilla war between leftists and rightists throughout south america. Wars between christian governments in africa. Etc.

It makes no sense to single out islam, or to try to deal with islamist terrorism by dealing with islam. It'd be like trying to stop the IRA by somehow dealing with the papacy. It simply wouldn't solve the problem.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   
In light of your points let me readjust my statement...

It's ALMOST ALL involving Islam vs something or another. In dealing with organized religions the key to understand what is actually playing out is not to listen to their propagandists and apologists, but to look and see what their real behavior...

Better don't you think?

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I agree with Nygdan

you cant blame the entire Islam religion when the crime is done by SOME stupid Islamic radicals.

Its the same if I was to blame Christians and Catholics Religions for being sick because of some priests that take advantage of kids.

Also are you forgetting the Crusades, when they captured Jerusalem they killed all men, women and children (Jews, Christians, Muslims).

More recent:
When Bosnia was going thru ethnic clensing Catholics whiped out muslims, 8000 people were killed in one day. No one said anything. Look up Srebrenica masacre.

This actually tells me that God exists, because he keeps a balance.

I m a muslim and I consider myself atheist because religions just makes me sick. I do believe in God, a God whose love is unconditional and whom you can ONLY find within.
Religions only seperate us from eachoter and thats NOT what god intended.

All todays religions are forced onto us. I believe all religions make the antichrist. Also mark that I am not insulting the Bilble, Holy Quran or any other religious book but I am against the people that missuse them.

[edit on 18-5-2006 by theTRUTHtheWAY]

[edit on 18-5-2006 by theTRUTHtheWAY]

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 11:16 PM
link   
is most of you supporting the Islamic view point are rational people. You're making rational thoughts, expressing rational ideas, and extending a reality framework using a rational humanity as the context.

Unfortunately...

Islam in it's daily coercive struggle for world domination is ANYTHING but rational.

In fact, it is the exact opposite. It is a ruthless, heinous culture of death based entirely on lies and oppression. The manner in which it is forcing it's way thru Africa is the ultimate defacto irrefutable case in point.

It's really funny that the millions of deaths many by HORRIBLE MUTILATIONS in Darfur didn't even rate an honorably mention when those supporting/defending Islam in this thread were extolling Islams virtues.

Of course some of you will take exception to the 'based entirely on lies' statement...

Unfortunately...

It is the plain and simple truth. Lying in Islam is institutionalized. Telling lies to a person not a follower of Islam is simply NOT considered a lie...

I won't go into the personal habits of the 'founder' of this so called religion. But will instead point out one of the more glaring lies that is the VERY FOUNDATION of this religion.

Just look at the very core of the conflict in Jerusalem. The Muslims came in and destroyed the Jewish central temple and built one of their supposedly most holy temples right on top of that site.

The humorous part is the absolute murderous frenzy that the faithful Muslims go into when you challenge the ridiculousness of their historical claims with regards to the veracity this temples creation...

The ONLY thing funnier is the murderous frenzy the Islamic faithful, in reality a fairly recent historical development, now go into when you supposedly show a representation of their prophet...

All with the obligatory casualties... As in DEAD people.

Any truly honest observer couldn't help but agree with the threads authors contention...

Don't you agree?

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 05:51 AM
link   
One must make sure not to fall into the other end of the propaganda trap as well. Getting your anti-Islam drivel from sites such as answeringislam is not the wisest of decisions. One should read from the source, and form their own opinions, or alternatively, read the drivel from both side (a much more entertaining method
)

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Surely your drive by spin swipe is not aimed at my post, yes Babloyi?

If so... Exactly WHICH part was propaganda?

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Wasn't aimed specifically at you, no. But since you mention it, the propaganda is the part where for centuries and centuries, the Church has tried to demonise Islam. Once the Church lost it's foothold, some "athiest" so-called "unbiased" groups continued the mission. I'm not being paranoid, and I really don't get why they do it, but I've seen it myself. Now we have this propaganda freely available at our fingers. A boon AND a curse, I'd say.

Take the website posted here. I'd be perfectly willing to believe it, but it has conjured the "333" number out of thin air. Like I said, all of the "references" I read (admittedly only the first few) were about "burning in hell". I'd assume that for someone to burn in hell, they'd need to be already dead.

I'm not saying that I am completely unwilling to believe that Islam is evil. I am just saying that as of yet, I haven't seen much evidence that has not been refuted (this is the most "entertaining" part. For every bit of hatred speech, there is hatred speech in the opposite. And the internet is filled with it!). Which side to believe? Islam is set down in it's scriptures, not it's people. If you want to judge a religion by it's people go ahead, but then which people? Muslims haven't behaved the same throughout history.

[edit on 19-5-2006 by babloyi]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join