It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad sending Letter to G.W.Bush

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 03:26 AM
link   
President Ahmadinejad of Iran is reportedly sending a "Letter" to George Bush to try and "sort things out", try to find a new solution to the "problems". It doesn't say much at the moment, it's breaking news, but It'll be interesting to see the reaction from the White House.

The letter will be sent via the Swiss Embassy which represents US interests in Iran, a government spokesman said.

Mr Ahmadinejad proposes "new solutions for getting out of international problems and current fragile situation of the world", the spokesman said.

BBC.co.uk

I bet it won't be asking him to send over a few boxes of Lucky Charms

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Moire than likely its an attempt to find some middleground, Iran makes some concesions and the US agree to stop pushing the issue to the security council which will have a majority vote in favor of a resolution against Iran if it goes that far.

France, Great Britain, and The US are in favor of a resolution

China and Russia are not....

3/5 permenant members of the security council is enough for sanctions or possibly more....

you cannot blame Iran for trying to get western approval of their program.

[edit on 8-5-2006 by XphilesPhan]

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 03:37 AM
link   
But given how "hard-headed" Mr. Ahmadinejad is purported to be, and how "hard-headed" we KNOW Bush to be, do you think they'll come to any kind of middle ground? Whatever Ahmadinejad is proposing, I don't think it will be enough to appease Bush, but we'll have to see.

Your right, can't blame him for trying.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Well, that settles it, we're doomed for war with Iran. By blinking first, Ahmedinejad has screwed everyone involved. Now that hte American leadership knows that the Iranians will cave under the right pressure, they're going to apply even more pressure, with hte ultimate goal of removing any vestige of Iranian soverignity. When the Iranians finally say "no more!" that will be pretext for war.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
Well, that settles it, we're doomed for war with Iran. By blinking first, Ahmedinejad has screwed everyone involved.

whoa, a little early for that kind of statement, dont you think? how do we know the letter doesnt say something like "we have nukes planted in 10 of your major cities...you guess which ten?"

from what i've seen and read of ahmadinejad, i seriously doubt that he's blinking. it would be against his religious ideals (and he's very religious). better to wait and see what exactly his letter says.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by chebob
But given how "hard-headed" Mr. Ahmadinejad is purported to be, and how "hard-headed" we KNOW Bush to be, do you think they'll come to any kind of middle ground? Whatever Ahmadinejad is proposing, I don't think it will be enough to appease Bush, but we'll have to see.

I don't think Ahmadinejad will ask for consensus. Ahmadinejad wants to continue Iran's nuclear program, in my opinion, for two reasons: to give the Iranian economy a swift financial injection, and to get rid of the western 'domination'.

Bush and his allies don't want Iran to get along with their nuclear program, and as you state, Bush doesn't negotiate with terrorists. I wonder if he sees Iran already as a terrorist nation. It's known they financially support terrorists.

Ahmadinejad already stated that Iran will hit back when sanctions follow, and not only once, several weeks ago he stated it as well.

I think we're currently sitting on a time bomb, and just have to wait till it explode..., which won't last very long anymore.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 06:50 AM
link   
what Mr Ahmadinejad or Mr Bush wants is irrelevent. If Israel wants Iran attacked at some point then it'll happen. If The US and UN don't play ball then Israel is likely to attack and force the issue, knowing full well that they will be protected by the US from retaliatory action.

You just gotta read some of the language coming out from groups like AIPAC and all the visits by US congresspersons (to pick up the unmarked envelopes) to see what direction this issue is taking.

The wheels have been in motion long enough, it's inevitable

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Well, we still don't know what it says, but It seems, given the timing, that it's going to be a sort-of plea (if you can imagine it) to try and convince Bush that getting China and Russia to "join in" isn't nescessary, and that things aren't as bad as they seem.

But again it's just speculation until we hear what it says. Interestingly, it is the first time they have "communicated" like this in almost 3 decades. Has he got something up his sleeve, or is he genuinely trying to "put things right". Either way, I don't think this Letter will sway many people, no matter what it contains. IMO, whatever plans are in progress are more or less set in stone now.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Ahmadilijan will stall for time and et the US of his back for abit longer by offering to increase oil production substantially, thus lowering the international price of oil and George Bush will take credit for this back at home where the majority of uneducated americans will beleive him, by seeing their fuel prices lower and Bushs approval rating will go up. This will be a temporary win-win situation for both sides.

What worries me is that whoever wins the next US election will be the one who will take america to war in the middle east with drastic consequences for the entire globe for it is by then, 2008-2009, that Iran shall have nukes and it'll be game on for the rest of the world. Red cards aplenty I bet.

Melbourne_Militia

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 07:21 AM
link   
What's in the Letter? As a gesture of good-will, Armadinejad will offer up the head of Ossama Bin Laden on a silver platter. The letter will further stipulate that the said head will be shipped by pre-paid Federal Express.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2

Bush and his allies don't want Iran to get along with their nuclear program, and as you state, Bush doesn't negotiate with terrorists. I wonder if he sees Iran already as a terrorist nation. It's known they financially support terrorists.

Mdv, I think you hit it there.

It will be interesting as to wether Bush releases ANY info from the letter, even if he can find something that suits his current governments current tune....

'' But ultimately, Iran refuses to give in to the diplomacy freedom delivers.. like september 11, we have seen terrorists like Ahmajadine, who try to disrail what we stand for... the hope of living without fear ''

Yep... I can just see the spin doctors tapping there fingers anticipating the next script in this hollywood flop.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a flaming, radioactive bag of dog poop on the doorstep doesn't count for dimplomacy.

if this happens, it is nothing more than a pr stunt to make Iran look a bit more comprimising since almost every move they make is contra to what the global consensus seems to be asking of them.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Hay take a look at this other members ATS thread...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maybe the letter just says...
"Dear Bush the 2nd, you may be too stupid to realise it but your countries economy is now well and truly screwed. That is unless of course we cancerl this oil Bourse idea of ours. Would love to talk, but better be quick! You've got less than a week to comply with the demands of the International Muslim Community!!! Yours Iotallah Nuclear xxx"

In the absence of the above I reckon Melborne_Militia is probably right about what is in the letter (or at least what should be). An increase in Iranian oil production would be the best way of warming the hearts of America's ruling administration.
However unless the letter says "we are happy to go along with your idea of having all our uranium processed in Russia" I think ultimately the letter is just a way of buying time (or at the very least a very good PR exercise for Ahmadilijan).

I also bet Britguy is spot on about the long term outcome of the situation. Till Israel is happy this crisis isn't over. I also very much doubt that whatever is in the letter will cause America to let Israel fend for itself. Basically the letters an interesting peace of news but at the moment its implications stand very limited. Cos I reckon even if Iran were to cancel the oil Bourse idea, Israel will still take priority over America's people (let alone their economy).

[edit on 090705 by Liberal1984]

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Liberal1984
However unless the letter says "we are happy to go along with your idea of having all our uranium processed in Russia" I think ultimately the letter is just a way of buying time (or at the very least a very good PR exercise for Ahmadilijan).

That was Russia's solution not America's.

This letter is worthless, we know Ahmadinejad is a mouthpiece at best.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
This will be a temporary win-win situation for both sides.

I agree, it would be and I stress the temporary.

The best long-term situation would be for oil prices to remain high, thus creating enough hue and cry from the electorate to do something about it. The something I'm hoping for is for us to get really serious about alternative energies to get us off foreign reliance on oil.

Brazil seems to get it. Hope we get a clue.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   
as i mentioned above, this iranian president does not blink.

cnn.com
Ahmadinejad also suggests that Bush should look inward, saying there was an increasing hatred worldwide of the United States, and that history shows how "repressive and cruel governments do not survive."

"How much longer will the blood of the innocent men, women and children be spilled on the streets, and people's houses destroyed over their heads? Are you pleased with the current condition of the world? Do you think present policies can continue?"

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

this letter was hyped by the iranian government as an attempt to find common ground. turns out that it was actually a lecture on foriegn policy by a man who has called for the complete destruction of israel and claims that the holocaust never happened. i have said it before and i'll say it again: ahmadinejad is pushing for a fight. he is a true believer who thinks that he can bring his messiah back sooner by subjecting the world to as much chaos as possible.

more information on ahmadinejad's beliefs:

Iranian President Attempting to Start Armaggedon?

Originally posted by mad scientist
This letter is worthless, we know Ahmadinejad is a mouthpiece at best.

time after time this had been your argument and time after time ahmadinejad has shown that he has the full support of the supreme leader. he continues to isolate iran further from the rest of the world with his actions, and yet he is allowed to remain in power by khamenei.

new topics

top topics

join