It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO evidence cracked by "spotty hacker"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Seems this guy just didn't know when to quit, kinda reminds me of mel gibson in "conspiracy theory". He sees the film "war games" loves and idolises it then goes about cracking the US miltary system left right and centre. Full story here. LINK

[Mod Edit: Link format - Jak]

[edit on 27/4/06 by JAK]

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
This has been discussed in at least one thread of its own already.

It still doesn't speak highly of our Defense System.

JDub

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
If as interview with Reuters isn't the right time, then what is? When he's crapping in a hole in the corner at Gitmo? I swear, if he screws up this disclosure thing I'll be so ticked. Maybe during an interview with dateline or something.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I can only imagine the plea bargain discussion.

Gov't Lawyer: He's going to serve 50 years at gitmo

Hacker Lawyer: he's going to serve no time, he'll be released with an apology and he'll be offered a salary to help close the gaps in the gov't systems.

GL: he will, will he?

HL: he will or I will ask him, on the stand, what he saw in your systems that pertained to alien aircraft, UFO's, reverse engineering and space travel. I will then produce, as exhibits, all the pages he printed out, all the screen shots he backed up and all the information he culled over the years.

GL: $100,000 a year sound like a good starting salary?

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Wow...

I'm really interested to see what and when this guy will say anything. I hope he comes up with some juicy stuff

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Here are some other threads about this guy:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I personally do not think the guy knows anything.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
IIRC from the last thread it was pretty much determined he was making it up to give his activities a "noble" cause. He may have wanted to find UFO info but I'd have to see some proof before believing he found hard evidence.

I can't believe any classified info the govt has about UFOs is accessable via the internet even to the most elite hacker in the world. (which this guy isn't)

Data like that which is undoubtedly TS/SCI and probably in an unacknowledged SAP would not be on computer systems/networks connected to the internet.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden
IIRC from the last thread it was pretty much determined he was making it up to give his activities a "noble" cause. He may have wanted to find UFO info but I'd have to see some proof before believing he found hard evidence.

I can't believe any classified info the govt has about UFOs is accessable via the internet even to the most elite hacker in the world. (which this guy isn't)

Data like that which is undoubtedly TS/SCI and probably in an unacknowledged SAP would not be on computer systems/networks connected to the internet.

Your right. He did not find anything. You wouldn't be able to. All military connections are on a military internet. Public does not have access to military networks nor military internets. Furthermore, with a 56k modem he can barely play a game on Yahoo let alone a system that is running a T1-T3 connection with highyl secure encyptions etc..

It would take atleast 3 people to access information pertaining to such a highly classified subject. Nothing is left out in the open, nothing is left unchecked. He speaks of the government as a simple scan and logon procedure. This is BS.

And the information that he was trying to access is not TS/SCI, I hold a clearance of S/TS/SCI and I am sure that such information has a classification which in itself is classified.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrjenka

Originally posted by Schaden

Furthermore, with a 56k modem he can barely play a game on Yahoo let alone a system that is running a T1-T3 connection with highyl secure encyptions etc..

Yet he managed to break into computers at the Pentagon, NASA and the Johnson Space Centre as well as systems used by the U.S. army, navy and air force, as well as "crippling defence systems shortly after the September 11, 2001 attacks"

Pwned

top topics

join