It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Address of the WTC?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Does anyone know the actual address of the World Trade Center buildings 1,2 & 7? I've been trying to check out any permits that where applied for and I need an actual address. I've tried 1 World Trade Center New York, New York but that comes up with nothing.

I'm using the Department of Buildings site. It is a government site where you can look at the history of permits for a building. Does anyone know if a demolished building would still be listed? To test this, I would need an address to a demolished building in NYC. Anyone know of one off hand? I know there is new construction going on because I was just there last weekend, so there has to be some buildings that were demolished. I just need an address to the demolished building to see if there are permit listings for that. This way, if they are listed for the one building, they should still be listed for the WTC buildings. Make sense?

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Perhaps you could find something here, Griff.

Twin Towers Telephone Numbers (WTC Companies and Offices)

Take a look at the Suite 7967 "oddity"

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Just a thought.

Since the trade center was built 30 or so years ago, the original permits are probably not available online. You can probably access the recent permits but you would probably need to know the exact suite number the permit was assigned to.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
That's what I'm looking for. The recent permits...at least for about a year before the collapses. I don't think I'd need a suite number. Here is an example of what comes up when you search permits for buildings on that site. You can then click on the permit number and it gives you something like the second link.

img140.imageshack.us...

img114.imageshack.us...

I have blacked out pertinent information for obvious reasons.

[edit on 27-4-2006 by Griff]

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Your image links aren't working Griff. All I'm getting is the infamous red "X".

Perhaps check/confirm your URLs.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Links are now fixed I believe. How do you post a picture on here so you don't have to click a link? Can we even do that anymore with the new countdown of caracters and all?

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Griff, too much to explain. You need to read up here...

New AboveTopSecret.com Image Hotlinking Policy (updated again):
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   
You certainly can Griff.

Just be sure to adhere to the guidelines set forth here:
New AboveTopSecret.com Image Hotlinking Policy (updated again)

Being that you are hosting them on ImageShack, there shouldn't be a problem. However, be sure you have the right to "use" the image(s) you are posting.

[edit] I see WCIP has already covered it.

[edit on 4/27/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I might have the address in my files. I had a brokerage account with a college friend who worked at Sandler Oneill. I also had a few audits in the building and I kept the security card I was issued a few days earlier. Needless to say, I am forever thankfull the agent I was working with scheduled the follow-up for that Thursday.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Thanks for the info guys. Crakeur...if you could get that, that would be great. I'm actually just doing this out of my own curriousity just to see if there might be anything out of the ordinary.

As far as conspiracy goes. If I can't find any information on the towers but can find information on other buildings that have been demolished (I don't know any as of yet), then that would indicate a cover up. I'm no where near coming to this conclusion though so take it with a grain of salt for now.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I just thought of something Griff, since the WTC was under the auspices of Port Authorty, they may not have had or needed a permit from the city.

I've worked on several buildings that had similar situations.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
u2u a reminder to me on Monday.

I spaced and won't be on the office this weekend (first free weekend in months - yipee)

STR

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 01:10 AM
link   
The WTC buildings were known by their addresses. 1 World Trade Center wasn't some random moniker it was the address. The entire complex was also issued its own zipcode, 10048. So in summation:

1 World Trade Center, New York, NY 10048
2 World Trade Center, New York, NY 10048
3 World Trade Center, New York, NY 10048
4 World Trade Center, New York, NY 10048
5 World Trade Center, New York, NY 10048
6 World Trade Center, New York, NY 10048
7 World Trade Center, New York, NY 10048

However, as mentioned above, because it was built by the New York Port Authority (now the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey), a bi-state agency enacted unter the protection of interstate compacts of the US Constitution. Because it's bi-state, it is only subject to the laws of the federal government. No single state or city law applies to it (though joint acts of NY and NJ are binding). As such, it never needed to file for any permits for the Trade Center or any other project it ever did or will undertake.

[edit on 19-6-2006 by STR]

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skibum
I just thought of something Griff, since the WTC was under the auspices of Port Authorty, they may not have had or needed a permit from the city.

I've worked on several buildings that had similar situations.

Sorry I haven't responded in a while. That's a good point. I'll have to look into anyother Port Authority buildings to see if they need permits.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
u2u a reminder to me on Monday.

I spaced and won't be on the office this weekend (first free weekend in months - yipee)

Sorry Crakeur. I totally spaced this thread. I'll u2u you.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Thanks STR. I guess that means this thread is closed. Thanks all for your help.

top topics

join