It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abu Musab al-Zarqawi on video!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Breaking story on CNN:

“Islamic web site posts rare video showing al Qaeda in Iraq leader Abu Musab al-Zarqawi”

No information yet, and certainly no video. Anybody else reporting this? Or better yet have the video?

ABC is now picking this up:

CAIRO, Egypt Apr 25, 2006 (AP)— An Islamic web site on Tuesday posted a rare video showing al-Qaida in Iraq leader Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, who accused the West and the United States of waging a "crusader" war.

In the video, al-Zarqawi also said that Islamic holy warriors were standing firm in the war.

In the past, al-Zarqawi has made statements only through audiotapes posted on the Web. The video came just two days after a highly publicized call to arms by al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden that encouraged Muslims to support his group in its war with the West.

[edit on 25-4-2006 by skippytjc]

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Does rare video mean that it is old video though?
I aint found anything yet, but i am searching...............

[edit on 25-4-2006 by Bikereddie]

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
www.stratfor.com...

This link gives a little more information, and it would seem that this is a new video. First OBL, now this, the bombings in Eygpt, this has been a busy week.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Im finding lots of sources all of a sudden, but no video yet. And most are basically stating the same data.

I want that vid!

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Bingo (screen shots at least)

www.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
This is good timing for a new video, especially considering that leaked Pentagon documents are showing the military's effort at a propoganda campaign:

The U.S. military is conducting a propaganda campaign to magnify the role of the leader of al-Qaeda in Iraq, according to internal military documents and officers familiar with the program. The effort has raised his profile in a way that some military intelligence officials believe may have overstated his importance and helped the Bush administration tie the war to the organization responsible for the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.

www.washingtonpost.com... /04/09/AR2006040900890_pf.html

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Does CNN claim that is Abu Musab al-Zarqawi?

Imo that is not Abu Musab al-Zarqawi.

Abu Musab al-Zarqawi has half a face.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
How utterly convenient AND...I was watching Fox news when the 1st blurb came out and they said: Old footage of Zarqawi suddenly appears on Internet.

However, now its not clear.

Unbeleivable.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Actually, it seems that we are seeing the US propoganda machine in action:

Some senior intelligence officers believe Zarqawi's role may have been overemphasized by the propaganda campaign, which has included leaflets, radio and television broadcasts, Internet postings and at least one leak to an American journalist.

www.washingtonpost.com... /04/09/AR2006040900890_pf.html

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Thank you for that, Jamuhn.

I hate to say it but once again we were proven right.

Now they're saying they beleive it was recorded recently.

They never fail us when the going gets tough.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Link to the video

Cant get the link to work, but CNN is showing it now.

[edit on 25-4-2006 by skippytjc]

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   

He finally shows his face and now those people say that he's a fake and a myth now realize their mistake, now to mention asking about why he hasn't shown his face but only audio tapes publicly and that it must be a U.S. creation. Ironic aint it?

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
He finally shows his face and now those people say that he's a fake and a myth now realize their mistake, now to mention asking about why he hasn't shown his face but only audio tapes publicly and that it must be a U.S. creation. Ironic aint it?

Dude,

I can make a thousand videos of you when you are alive and then air them when you are deceased.

Like Elvis - you know how many albums were released after his death?

Ironic - isn't it?

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

I can make a thousand videos of you when you are alive and then air them when you are deceased.

Like Elvis - you know how many albums were released after his death?

Ironic - isn't it?

Try making an Elvis video right now wearing 21st century clothes and singing a new song, then Ill side with you.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Deltaboy,

Sorry to burst your bubble but what's obvious here is that he's a fake and that this gov will stop at NOTHING to continue the illusion.

IMO, its nothing but an insult to our intelligence (should there be any there in the first place)!!!

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Try making an Elvis video right now wearing 21st century clothes and singing a new song, then Ill side with you.

I guess you have no idea what Video and Computer Technology can do today, ey?

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Deltaboy,

Sorry to burst your bubble but what's obvious here is that he's a fake and that this gov will stop at NOTHING to continue the illusion.

IMO, its nothing but an insult to our intelligence (should there be any there in the first place)!!!

No you havent burst my bubble cause you can't prove that he is a fake. Might as well as be saying Osama is a fake as well. I can't trust you based on your belief.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

I guess you have no idea what Video and Computer Technology can do today, ey?

Yeah I know how advance the technology has progress, however that don't mean everybody we see on tv is cgi. Unless you believe that anchors telling us the news are all cgi. (shrugs) but as people have say and in their belief that Osama, Zawahiri and Zarqawi must be all cgi right?

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Deltaboy,

I dont blame you. I cannot be trusted. Pay no attention to me. I am merely a lifeless avatar. I come to life. I die.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join