It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NZ Mercenaries Soon Out Of Business...Officially...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Hi Peoples,

Seems perhaps the SECOND oldest profession is soon to be made illegal here in NZ...that being 'A Hired Gun'.

Planned bill outlaws New Zealand mercenary activities

By HELEN TUNNAH

"New Zealanders who want to kill for profit in overseas wars could be jailed for 14 years under Government plans to ban mercenaries...

...The Mercenary Activities (Prohibition) Bill defines mercenaries as people hired to fight in armed conflicts or concerted acts of violence for significant private gain."

FULL STORY HERE

Damn...looks like I have to find myself a new 'moonlighting' job...

Actually...many people may be surprised to know this, but NZ is not a stranger to the Mercenary world...there are a number of Kiwis in various armed Conflicts laying the smack for cash.

Knew one guy in a Rifle Club many years back...word in the Club was the guy was a Merc...I thought they were just pulling my leg till one night a group of us were around his place having some drinks, and I saw pictures he had taken or where he had been and what he had done.

Damn scary...a nice enough bloke, real friendly and humorous etc...just that now and then he went on a 'working holiday' and basically cracked off shots for a side business. I asked him outright if he had ever killed anyone, to which he nonchalantly replied "Well, you're not paid to smile at them"

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 12:52 AM
link   
for the majority of individuals...
i mean common fighting for money...

isnt money for sustinance ie to live...

unless you are a cannibal then i see no reason why man would kill his brother for food...

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 12:56 AM
link   
No NZ is very much not a stranger to this world. From my understanding, NZSAS are among the soldiers most wanted for this kind of work.

There was something about this in a book I read recently, "State Secrets" it was called. Interesting book. Have you read it Alien?

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigsage
for the majority of individuals...
i mean common fighting for money...

isnt money for sustinance ie to live...

unless you are a cannibal then i see no reason why man would kill his brother for food...

What the hell are you smoking and can I have a translation?

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Totally agree with you BigSage...I think I'd rather flip burgers and clean toilet bowls to survive, than kill someone for no other reason than a wad of cash.

You are right DeltaNine...NZSAS are well sort after, due to their training and proven track record of 'getting in, doing the deed, getting out without any fuss'. I'm going to have to look up that book...sounds like a good read.

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Its by Howling At The Moon publishers. I'll write a review of it someday on here.

Hutt liberary have it, but they dont. Cos Ive got it right now

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 01:06 AM
link   
mercennaries...
are not necessarily a bad thing, but to be paid to kill is not necessarily a good thing...
the reason why, 1 money does not grow on tree's, but life grows within them.the life to feed an entire planet...
the reason why it would be a good thing to legalize,1 increase the profit margin for all those soldiers who still believe in a free choice free will universe and act on behalf of their own choices...

in the end does it matter?no...
but if one can live without money and not kill his brother to eat his brother, why must one with the addition of money decide that it is ok to kill his brother for sustinance...

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Deltanine...dude...Hutt Library does have much, all the cuzzies in the Hutt 'thiefed' off with anything worth reading...

BigSage...I'd love to just chill over a beer with you some day...you're 'on to it' as we say...cool as.

[Edited on 16-10-2003 by alien]

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 01:37 AM
link   
i like dark ale's though...
if your ever in the south let me know...
and i want to really travel man, i feel the compression of time weighing down on my concsiousness...

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by alien
Deltanine...dude...Hutt Library does have much, all the cuzzies in the Hutt 'thiefed' off with anything worth reading...

[Edited on 16-10-2003 by alien]

LOL so thats who I blame! I was just going to blame the council, as usual.

Im not a big fan of the council.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   
must have been all the bro's out in Stokes Vegas taking all those books.
its a bit to far to come from cannibal creek!!!

top topics

join