It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The debate is over - bananas prove god

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Time to convert all you doubters and godless...

bananas prove god exists

If we apply similar faulty logic using evolution...

Hands are designed for bananas, monkeys like bananas and they have hands, therefore we evolved from monkeys.

But monkeys obviously misunderstand the instructions, they open them from the other end - proving our undeniable intellectual superiority.....well....yeah....ermmm.....maybe.

So who designed the pineapple?

[edit on 23-4-2006 by melatonin]

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Is this a joke???? Seriously, I really hope these guys aren't serious. I...I'm speachless. There just isn't a word I can think of that can acurately describe their stupidity. Bananas are made to be easy to eat?? They "have a no-slip grip" and "curve towards the face to make eating them that much easier" and my favorite "our mouths are perfectly shaped to eat them", oh and "the ridges on the banana match our fingers" and THAT, my friends, proves creationism. HAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh man, that was a good laugh, I actually cried a little.
I liked the part in the begining where the one guy said "the dictionary says atheism is the belief that there is no god....it takes more faith to be an atheist than to believe in god"

I'm gonna send that dude a dictionary, if they are in fact serious.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
OK, but who put them in pajamas? That's what I want to know.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
This point has merit because food does seem designed to be readily eaten by those that eat it does it not? The evolutionist would say that the animal developed to eat the food but is the food developed for its own best advantage then? That is what has to be proven here: did the banana plant adapt to its own best advantage exclusive of those that consume it?

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
That is what has to be proven here: did the banana plant adapt to its own best advantage exclusive of those that consume it?

The problem with the banana explanation is that they are intelligently designed - we bred the bananas we eat from the wild version.

edit @ ET: Oh, this is deadly serious. They even have a website...

www.wayofthemaster.com...

[edit on 23-4-2006 by melatonin]

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   
If that video wasn't so laughable it would be pathetic. It's hard to believe they found two supposedly sane men to make it--guess it just proves once again what the power of greed can do.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by melatonin

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
That is what has to be proven here: did the banana plant adapt to its own best advantage exclusive of those that consume it?

The problem with the banana explanation is that they are intelligently designed - we bred the bananas we eat from the wild version.

Exactly! I believe the original banana wasn't even yellow, though I could be wrong about that. Wasn't it blue or purple or something like that?

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
If anything, It kind of proves that evolution does take place. Fruit and berries taste and look appealing because when animals eat them, then the seeds survive the digestion and are deposited after the animal passes them. Plants have evolved so that the most attractive and tastiest species attract animals and therefore spread there seeds more effectively.
Im sure shape has some evolutionary advantage although im not sure what.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
melatonin

You got it all wrong dude.............Banana's prove that the Flying Spaghetti Monster Created all Things Real and Unreal

Visit his Website and bathe in his eternal light.......aaaaauuuuuuuummmmmm
.......thank you FSM! Let us all pray

www.venganza.org...

You know, I can use the same methods you use, to prove that the FSM is the Creator...............DUH!
TommyTrouble

[edit on 23-4-2006 by tommytrouble]

[edit on 23-4-2006 by tommytrouble]

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   

That's it, I am re-converting to Christianity! Thank you, wise banana dudes! I never knew it was so simple; time to publish this and stick a fork in evolution!

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
Exactly! I believe the original banana wasn't even yellow, though I could be wrong about that. Wasn't it blue or purple or something like that?

I can believe that although I don't know if it is true. Would an ape still know what to do with a banana that was not yellow? would they notice at all?

What I was trying to say in my first post and some people here got part of it and commented on it was that anything that is food would in many cases not even want to be eaten by an animal would it? Yet it seems that food is designed to be eaten by the animals that eat it or the animals that eat it adapted to the food or both. There is room for intelligent design in this area but I have to agree that the premise of a banana proving intelligent design on its own is a big stretch in logic.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   

How the heck did Kirk Cameron get involved with this? He still looks like the kid he was in Growing Pains.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   
hmmmmm
Bananas
Mankind
Debate
hmmmm
what would Freud say?

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Police,

I think Freud would have (snorted a few lines :lol
then he would have said something like: "Hey melatonin I think you have a Phallic Fetish what with you going on about Banana's like that.................. LMAO.

Then he would have prescribed "Electro-Shock" therapy for melatonin until he swore off banana's for good

That was a good one Police
TommyTrouble

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   
But what about the Mother???
Gotta be something to do with Mother dear..
LOL

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   
These people seriously piss me off. Why do people have to go around pushing their views on others? The first words out of their mouths are geared towards going out and "spreading the" GD'ed "word." They need to learn to mind their own business.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Are we having a bad day?

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Heh, well at least he didn't say opposable thumbs in Pandas prove God doesn't exist and then write a whole book on it

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by police_officer339
Are we having a bad day?

No, I've just been exposed to a lot of people like that. It gets really old really fast. I don't like people assuming they know what's best for me and then trying to push it on me by any means they can.

[edit on 23-4-2006 by bsbray11]

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Bsbray11,

Oooooo.......dude...chill out...LOL.

Please visit this website and read the Gospel of the Flying Spagetti Monster.....I'm sure it will help you cope with all your pent up frustrations

www.venganza.org/index.htm

or here for a more concise reading: en.wikipedia.org...

Just go here and bathe in his eternal light ............aaaahhhhhuuummmmm.....thank you FSM........let us Pray...

TommyTrouble

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join