It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palmerston Ont. Flying Saucer?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Hello group,

I have searched and searched the web for any info on this, trying to find out if it was true or not. But as the story goes......

I was in Palmerston Ontario Canada about 13 years ago. Whilst I was in town, I was told by no less that 14 people, most of them mature shop owners, that an older gentleman in town had actually designed and built a flying saucer type vehicle in the upstaairs of his house. Apparently he was certain it would fly, and was trying to get the Canadian Government to help him pay to remove the roof from his house.

Now at first this just sounded like an old wives tale based on the man who built a boat in his basement, but made it larger than the door. But then the locals told me they themselves had heard weird noises from his home, and seen rotating lights filling every upstairs window. The more I talked to the locals in my week I was there, the more I believed. But unfortunately I was not able to go and visit the man. I was on a fairly tight schedule, and no matter how hard I tried I could not get the free time to try to visit him.

My question is, has anyone else here heard of this? I have searched the web, but to no avail. If I can't find any information, I plan on maybe next summer going back to Palmerston. But only time will tell.

ViriiGuy

[edit on 22/4/06 by ViriiGuy]

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I don't know specifically about Palmerston (I'll do some research), but I know that many people have attempted to build UFOs. Perhaps the best Canadian example was the Avrocar. A quick Google search will find you plenty of info on that.

As for more "amateur" attempts, the one that comes most to mind is a man I believe lives in Canada, who is building a sort of hybrid between a UFO and perpetual motion machine. I saw it a few times on the Discovery Channel, but I've done a lot of searches on the Internet and never come up with any results. I believe he said he got his design from beings from a planet called Kladen (spelling?)

Actually I just finally found a link about him. His name is David Hamel.

www.phact.org...

Here's his 'official' website (Hasnt been updated since 1999):
thunder.prohosting.com...

As for a Palmerston UFO, a Google search reveals a lot of UFO reports, but nothing about someone building one themselves. It seems to be a town secret (or at least not online).

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I too found info on this David Hamel in my searches, plus I too have seen his story on television. But I have yet to find any info on this guy in Palmerston.

As I remember, the story was first told to me by a Resturant owner in that town named Sandy. She said he was a scientist, now retired. She mentioned he had always believed in UFO's and claimed to have had "experiances" with them. Which is supposedly where he got his ideas for building the flying saucerrest to.

I came across a few reportings of sightings in Palmerston, which if he really DID build a working UFO could explain these sightings. I have been to Palmerston, and I am sure there is nothing there of interest to Aliens
Well except maybe this guy and his flaying machine.

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Palmerston happens to be just a few miles from my home town, but I've never heard this story.

Next time I visit the folks at home (Listowel), I'll be asking about this. I might even visit the Palmer Hotel (a place frequented in my youth) and get the skinny at the only place in Palmerston where 'critical thinking' happens.

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Well if you do make it to Palmerston, There used to be a small burger joint there called Smokey's I believe. The owner was Sandy, and her daughter was CJ. They seemed to be the most informed on this matter. That I spoke to anyway.

You might want to try starting a search there. I believe CJ and Sandy knew where this man is supposed to live.

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Ehh, Palmerston is about two hours from me, so it's not really worth going out around town for a bunch of "Blair Witch" type interviews with the locals.

Virii, is there any chance that you know the guy's name? That would narrow searches down a lot. Or if the guy is still alive and not completely off his rocker, maybe you could go back for an interview. Get his name and then look him up in the phone book. Although if he was retired already 13 years ago, he might not be around any more. If he died, I wonder what happened to the UFO though (if it exists). Either someone else would have to take it, or it is still in an empty house somewhere in Palmerston.

Uh oh, seems Smokey's doesn't exist any more.

Here is the address where it used to be, found it on a restaurant review site:

:: smokey's of palmerston ::

390 Main St E
Palmerston, ON
Phone: (519) 343-3806
Score: 5.00/10

There is also this comment:

Smokey's is no longer a part of palmerston Ontario and hasn't been for some time now.The building is now home to office supplies and such.

[edit on 22-4-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ViriiGuy
Well if you do make it to Palmerston, There used to be a small burger joint there called Smokey's I believe. The owner was Sandy, and her daughter was CJ. They seemed to be the most informed on this matter. That I spoke to anyway.

You might want to try starting a search there. I believe CJ and Sandy knew where this man is supposed to live.

I'll be going to Listowel within the next week...probably Wednesday, for my father-in-laws birthday. After a bit of hoopla, I might slip away for an hour and toodle up to Palmerston for a beer with one or two of my myriad relatives there and check this story out. It's only a 10 minute drive and the Palmer Hotel is a truly colloquial bar...It'll be fun. I'll look into Smokey's and Sandy too.

oops...forget Smokey's...thanks, Yarcofin

[edit on 22-4-2006 by masqua]

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Well darn, It is unfortunate that Smokey's is no longer there

I do not know the man's name. The only people I can really remember from Palmetston are Sandy, CJ (she was Cute and I was 17) and the gentleman who owned the Ranton motor lodge. However I cannot even remember his first name. I do remember that he never believed any of the UFO stories. But many others sure seemed to.

I would suspect that Sandy and CJ are still around. My dad knew them quite well. The next time I can track my dad down I will ask him for some more names and details. He has a much better memory than I. Unfortunately I only hear from him once or twice a year.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I did a bit of asking around, and it seems that the peson who tried to build a saucer was Andy Tarc in Palmerston, Ontario.

He called it a para saucer but I can't find anything online about it. Perhaps the project 'never got off the ground'.

I did find a website created by him which is totally unrelated, though...

www.canadauni.ca...

I tracked down his email address as well...so I'll send him one to see if there is anything more to this story.

BTW...Ranton Place is gone too...the building is now called Kings Hotel.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   
You are simply awsome!!!!
I look forward to hearing more on this. I had thought about it off and on for years, but never was able to get back to Palmerston to check intot he story.

Randy

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I heard a similar story but it was on a very unreliable site that was shut down 3 years ago because of reporting false info. sorry!

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Andy Tarc is a retired secondary school teacher residing in the town of Palmerston. I knew him (former student in his class at Norwell DSS) as I am a former "Palmerstonian." Andy was quite a clever person. During the 1970's he had a sign posted on his front lawn for his Para-Saucer company (he is still listed as the president). He had a prototype of his flying saucer inside his house that he was building for more than a decade. I don't ever recall it "getting off the ground" as he struggled with financial backing. Drop him a letter (address: 590 Raglan St., P.O. Box 448, Palmerston, Ontario, N0G 2P0) to get an update his para-saucer pursuits.

Link below to an article from the early 1960s (by Frank Tinsley). The graphic in the article is very similar to Andy's para-saucer model...essentially a car sized flying saucer that you could take off and land in your back yard or driveway...fly to work or the cottage.

Para-Saucer Prototype concept (circa 1965)

a reply to: ViriiGuy

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Sadly, I would like to report, that Andy Tarc, inventor of the Parsaucer from Palmerston has passed away on my 50th birthday, this June 16,2021.

Andy was a visionary and hidden gem. I was very influenced at a young age by him. He even worked as a junior engineer in Hamilton in the 1950s in Hamilton Ontario on the Avro Arrow Project.
But it was his parasaucer that intrigued me the most. This was a craft that predated all our mini drones. It was a 360 degree dome cockpit and double rotary blades and circular approach to aircraft design that made for a perfect rescue or observation aerial vehicle.
The US, military, perhaps ironically, wanted to buy the patent in order to auto pilot them , miniaturize and use them for target practice.
This was insulting and beneath Andy’s vision of a rescue or observational vehicle , perhaps for the coast guard or aircraft carriers and difficult areas.
It was perhaps its potential of increasing individual Liberty in the skies that I suspected the military feared being privatized or encouraged.
A million people flying parasaucers and combining their knowledge.
Andy was best friends with my dad in the highschool they taught at. My father passed last June in 2020, himself a political visionary.
But no matter what, dreams and visions can become reality.
The parasaucer will be with us, at least as an inspiration for peace.

Rest In Peace, Andy

Paul Z Peteranac
June 22/2021
Guelph,Canada

You can visit Andy’s obituary link on Legacy here:

www.google.ca...=andrew-thomas-tarc&pid=199115566

a reply to: ViriiGuy

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 09:54 AM
link   
This guy was my next door neighbour in Palmerston and I saw this device function. He worked for Avro Canada and the device is known as the Avro car. Its not that interesting and you can learn more about the Avro company here.

en.wikipedia.org...

And the technical breakdown of how it works can be seen here.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 6-8-2021 by jcinfo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Your forum is buggy and makes duplicate posts.
edit on 6-8-2021 by jcinfo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join