It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam - In Dedication to Victims of Cowardice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I share this with people who have an open mind and open hearts. Those who believe there is a different side to that which is often expressed with respect to Islam. There will be knockers - there always are, but perhaps more people should be spreading the words that are expressed in this video.

The moon and star is a symbol often used on flags or buildings of Islamic countries. Where the religion originated the days are so hot that the people often moved by night. The stars led the way and the moon lit the way. This symbol is sometimes used to show how Islam guides and lights a Muslim's way through life.

thisisislam.islamacademy.com...

[edit on 16/4/2006 by Lady of the Lake]

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I only watched a few minutes. I love the part where it says it does away with arrogance and shows Ali.

Islam is a wonderful life for women and infidels. Please.

They carry the sign of the moon and the stars. They follow Allah the Moon god better known as the deceiver.

These poor people have been led astray by a false prophet. It's really sad.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix
Islam is a wonderful life for women and infidels. Please.

How many Islamic countries have you visited? Do you believe that Christianity leads to a better life for many women and infidels? No it doesn’t.

Remember also that it isn't Islam that dicates how many women and infidels are forced to lead their lives, it is bigoted men and the application of their views in the name of Islam. It is about the fear and control inflicted by men.

But as I said, there will be knockers there always are. You are just one of them..

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix

They follow Allah the Moon god better known as the deceiver.

These poor people have been led astray by a false prophet. It's really sad.

Care to back that up with some actual thought and fact? You repeat the most intolerant, ignorant and dangerous speech... I just want to know where you learn it from. Did you learn it from your matrix? Or are you just parroting what you heard from your preacher? Or is that what the "Good Bible" says?

Please, I'd like to know how all these people seem to be astray when YOU know the real truth and YOU know what's real, what's not. You are ONE PERSON. Against millions and millions of people, your opinion holds very little water, not even considering that fact that there are non-Christians that know more about your "religion" than you do.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by firebat
You repeat the most intolerant, ignorant and dangerous speech...

Actually you do....have you ever read the intolerant crap in koran or the hadiths? have you read the Sharia law?

If you want to preach go to a mosque......

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Well firebat, here is a real live Iranian giving his commentary on Islam.
Will that suffice for you?
Islam: A False Religion

seekerof

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lady of the Lake

How many Islamic countries have you visited? Do you believe that Christianity leads to a better life for many women and infidels?

How many have you visited, and I dont mean the nice tolerant western countries that have islamic subsections, I mean islamic republics.....Iran, Saudi Arabia, etc.

Do christians make you wear burkhas? do we make you ride in the back seat of a car? Do we beat you for adultry? Do we make you walk so many feet behind your husband? do we restrict what careers you can have? please.....

Im sure you mean christians oppress women by looking negatively about abortion? how typical......

I would like to see you do these things and then complain about the west...

put the kool aid down please.....it obviously impairs your judgement

[edit on 17-4-2006 by XphilesPhan]

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

You repeat the most intolerant, ignorant and dangerous speech...

Actually you do....have you ever read the intolerant crap in koran or the hadiths? have you read the Sharia law?

Actually, I have.... reminds me of a lot of the BS that I hear from Christian simpletons who are so insecure and so narrow-minded, they put all their faith into a man-made belief system. It's ALL the same. If you, xphilephan, were born in Pakistan, you'd be preaching how all non-believers are infidels and that anyone who doesn't follow and believe in the Koran will burn in hell. As far as ideology, you are interchangable with Osama Bin Laden right down to the fear-mongering, hate-inciting "religious fervor" you have in common.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Seekerof...

Without reading the entire article, I'd have to say that I fundamentally believe Islam is a "false" religion because I believe ALL religions are false in that most of them declare that their way is the ONLY way.

I'm not here to defend Islam. I'm here to attack organized religion as I believe it is nothing but a tool for dividing and conquering the sheep-like masses.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 12:38 AM
link   

I'm not here to defend Islam. I'm here to attack organized religion as I believe it is nothing but a tool for dividing and conquering the sheep-like masses.

Much like Atheism is today, organized, near religion-like status?
You can remove all the religions in the world, and I'd be willing to bet that some other tool will be invented, schemed up, and utilized to divide and conquer the sheep-like masses.

So basically, your replacing one mechanism with another, the cycle goes on, only in a different form and take. Conclusion here: religion is not the problem or the root of all evil...people are.

seekerof

[edit on 17-4-2006 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 12:49 AM
link   

How many have you visited, and I dont mean the nice tolerant western countries that have islamic subsections, I mean islamic republics.....Iran, Saudi Arabia, etc.

Do christians make you wear burkhas? do we make you ride in the back seat of a car? Do we beat you for adultry? Do we make you walk so many feet behind your husband? do we restrict what careers you can have? please.....

Im sure you mean christians oppress women by looking negatively about abortion? how typical......

I would like to see you do these things and then complain about the west...

put the kool aid down please.....it obviously impairs your judgement

Yes I have visited Saudi and I regularly (monthly at that) visit Malaysia. So you see I have sighted first hand both sides of a Muslim existence. During my visits to Malaysia I meet dozens and dozens of Saudi’s for what it is worth.

As for being forced to wear concealing clothing, in more moderate Muslims countries like Malaysia many women choose to wear to clothes that cover themselves. They say it gives them a sense of freedom. Many chose to go uncovered. I am not talking about the Chador that is worn in Middle Eastern countries – WHICH I might add isn’t a requirement under Islam but is forced on women by men. It has only been in recent history that the women of Iran even covered their heads choosing instead to wear western dress. So please don’t blame the teaching, blame the interpretation.

In less enlightened Christian societies women are beaten if they commit adultery, they are forced to submit to their husbands, they are forbidden to take contraception they are treated as second-class citizens and as chattels. So PLEASE don’t preach that we are any better on mass – we are not.

Your response is a typical of the sanctimonious responses received by those with neither the understanding nor real life experience to express or embrace another view

[edit on 17/4/2006 by Lady of the Lake]

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Much like Atheism is today, organized, near religion-like status?
[edit on 17-4-2006 by Seekerof]

I'm not sure I'd agree that but I'd like to hear more from you on why you think that.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Oh I do huh?

and what in your view is extreme in christinaity? just curious.....

This is borrowed from the earlier posted link:

Quran says; kill, imprison! Why are you only clinging to the part that talks about mercy? Mercy is against God.

God is MERCY! thats the point of christianity...if someone strikes you, turn your other cheek!

God is not vengeful nor hateful, nor does he wish those who do not believe to be murdered

I am not saying im the best christian that ever walked, im not. However I will defend my religion as it is peaceful and harms no one other than people like you who think its foolish.

you can respect a religion who's basic purpose is war. Yet you can not stand my religion.....does it so offend you?

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 12:59 AM
link   

you can respect a religion who's basic purpose is war. Yet you can not stand my religion.....does it so offend you?

People have been slaughtered in the name of Christ just as much as in the name of Allah.

From Zephaniah 3:8 -- "Therefore, wait ye upon me, saith the LORD, until the day that I rise up to the prey; for my determination is to gather the nations, that I may assemble the kingdoms, to pour upon them mine indignation, even all my fierce anger: for all the earth shall be devoured with the fire of my jealousy."

Does this sound like a merciful, nice-guy, unvengeful god to you?

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lady of the Lake

In less enlightened Christian societies women are beaten if they commit adultery, they are forced to submit to their husbands, they are forbidden to take contraception they are treated as second-class citizens and as chattels. So PLEASE don’t preach that we are any better on mass – we are not.
[edit on 17/4/2006 by Lady of the Lake]

you make the argument, that some muslims dont practice what they preach and we shouldnt judge them all by that. yet in the same breath you do exactly that to Christians.

christians do not believe in killing adultresses.....

are you familiar with this story....

"Jesus went unto the mount of Olives. And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them. And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst, They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act. Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou? This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not. So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them,
"He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her."
And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground. And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her,
"Woman, where are those thine accusers? Hath no man condemned thee?"
She said, No man , Lord. And Jesus said unto her,
"Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more."
Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying,
"I am the light of the world:
he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life." (John 8:1-12)

So if your arguing that christians kill adultresses out of what is taught in the bible you are wrong....

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 01:10 AM
link   

People have been slaughtered in the name of Christ just as much as in the name of Allah.

From Zephaniah 3:8 -- "Therefore, wait ye upon me, saith the LORD, until the day that I rise up to the prey; for my determination is to gather the nations, that I may assemble the kingdoms, to pour upon them mine indignation, even all my fierce anger: for all the earth shall be devoured with the fire of my jealousy."

Does this sound like a merciful, nice-guy, unvengeful god to you?

typical....He is JUST, not vengeful...that passage describes those that willfully opposed God's laws and ways.

you are reading from the old testament, christians base most of their faith on the new testament, in which the wrath of God was quenched by the sacrifice of christ.

John 3:16

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Don't confuse anger, jealousy and indignation with "justice." They are completely different. If the human-being who wrote that passage had MEANT to say justice, he would've said justice.

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 01:37 AM
link   

you make the argument, that some muslims dont practice what they preach and we shouldnt judge them all by that. yet in the same breath you do exactly that to Christians...... if your arguing that christians kill adultresses out of what is taught in the bible you are wrong....

Wrong - what I am saying is that Muslims are no better or worse than Christians. I didn't say don't judge those who do wrong - but if we do we should take an open view and not be one-sided in our judgement. Judge ourselves as well.

I don't recall makiing the argument that some Muslims don't practice what they preach. The point of the argument was that what is often preached is inconsistent with the teaching of Islam.

I didn't say that Christians kill adultresses out of what is taught in the bible. What I said was that the way some Christians treat other Christians isn't anything to write home about. We suppress in the name of religion as much as any other religion - in different ways but suppress nevertheless.

We can not condemn one group without looking within ourselves.

top topics

join