It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Sides to Every Story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Does anyone else find it strange how there is only one side (god's) readily available to us, and if we try to research the other side (satan's) that we are told by god we are evil and will die? We are told to have faith in god, and not to doubt him. But why? We were given minds, we were given curiosity. I see faith as a mind control technique, its a fear tactic used to scare and trick people into not researching and proving something that god claims.

It makes me really angry that so many people blindly follow one side of the story and wont even consider that satan may possibly be the good party in all of this. Thats if they even exist. Thats down to millenia of conditioning.

I think it is the duty of every christian, muslim, jew, or whatever religion they are entrapped by, to fully research this farce they have devoted their life to. On ALL sides of the story. The fact that they are unable to do this, proves they have something to hide.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
The fact that they are unable to do this, proves they have something to hide.

I don't quite agree.

The bible calls the devil the "great deceiver", and to my way of thinking, if I were able to have a conversation with the devil, then he would "spin" the conversation to make him the good guy that was overthrown in heaven and then cast out.

Any preacher or pastor worth his salt should be able to sit down with you and answer your questions. If someone is telling you that "you are evil and will die" for asking questions about the devil and his plans, then I would look for someone else for guidance or to confide in.

Knowing your enemy (if you consider the devil your spiritual enemy) is a good thing. You will know his weaknesses and how to defend yourself and others against him.

In closing, I encourage you to find a knowledgeable person to discuss your problems with.

JDub

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 08:33 AM
link   
What makes you think that the author of the bible hasnt spun the story? Why do you only take one side of the story, and not give the other side a fair hearing?

Why should I trust someone to give their interpretation on the story too? All priests have differing opinions on what the bible means. Do priests study the other side of the story when they study to become a priest? If not, then they are hardly in any position to guide me.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
From what your telling me is God would allow sinful man to alter his word to such a degree that it is not reliable or trust worthy? So generations like us are lost and now left with out hope or knowledge? I think not; what I recommend you doing is search history and scriptures to find for your self what is the inspired word. I know if you do this whole heartily you will find what you are looking for.

Jeremiah 29:13
And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

You should not trust in the flesh; They will lead you astray purposely or unintentional; It will happen. Instead of listening to someone giving their interpretation. How about opening up the Bible and search the scriptures for your self? Do not put your faith in man, Rather put your faith in Him. Make Him your strength your arm; put your trust in Him.

Jeremiah 17:5
Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.

Just one example I ask people is: What is the testimony of Jesus? Some come up with their own thoughts and idea, but for the most part they have no clue. You may not know this because they do not teach this. The testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

Revelation 19:10
And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

Most of the scriptures are prophetic and symbolic once you have the faith; understanding and knowledge; all things will become very clear to you. In fact your very foundation (current beliefs) will be shaken and destroyed. Now then, build your foundation on the Rock trust in Him. You do this you have no idea what He has in store for you if you Love Him. You with Him would be a force to be reckoned with that no one could come against (just ask Moses, David, etc..). Stumble you may fall; run you will grow tired, but His salvation shall be for ever, and His righteousness shall not be abolished.

Luke 6:48
He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.

2 Peter 1:20
Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

1 Corinthians 2:9
But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

Isaiah 51:6
Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look upon the earth beneath: for the heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall wax old like a garment, and they that dwell therein shall die in like manner: but my salvation shall be for ever, and my righteousness shall not be abolished.

Ahhh I could go on forever my friend; This is only the tip of the tip of the tip of the ice berg. You need to search these things out for your self. Do this and you will be blessed. Everyday for me now is a blessing; I curse not the birds no more, but smile when they sing...

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   
You bring up a good point Firefly. I too have wondered if Lucifer was really the good guy. After all, many things that our supposed loving and caring God of the old testament did sure seem a bit shady to me!

History is written by the victors. I wonder what we'd be taught in schools had the Nazis won. Or if the South had won the American civil war.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Actually there are three sides to every story: the two opposing viewpoints of said event or thing and the truth of that relevent event or thing.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   

What makes you think that the author of the bible hasnt spun the story? Why do you only take one side of the story, and not give the other side a fair hearing?

I don't "take" only one side of the story, if that question was addressed to me. My eyes were opened a long time ago. I have studied a bit on how the bible was constructed, and I don't think it is complete. I personally don't believe that the devil is the good guy, but I don't think we have near the whole story on what went down in heaven.

Why should I trust someone to give their interpretation on the story too? All priests have differing opinions on what the bible means. Do priests study the other side of the story when they study to become a priest? If not, then they are hardly in any position to guide me.

I don't know what priests study and what they don't. I am not Catholic and have only had minor discussions with local people that I have met that are Catholic.

In a similar vein to your question, do you trust the advice of your doctor? Doctors have varying opinions of alternative medicine, or even mainstream medicine. Are they not trustworthy for advice to some extent?

Gamesetmatch -

Originally posted by Gamesetmatch
From what your telling me is God would allow sinful man to alter his word to such a degree that it is not reliable or trust worthy?

If that question was addressed to me, read again what I posted above. I said that "if I were having a discussion with the devil...". I do think that God's word is sometimes corrupted to leave some people without much hope or true knowledge.

Have you never set in a "dead" church?

Originally posted by Gamesetmatch
You should not trust in the flesh;

This is exactly what we are talking about. When we start making the flesh the important part, we overlook God and his direction for us.

JDub

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueTileSpook
If that question was addressed to me,

That was addressed to firefly_ however I did not clearly address it to him. Your prior post and point was the following was it not.

2 Corinthians 11
13For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.

14And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

15Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

16I say again, let no man think me a fool;...

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   
In a nutshell, yes, that pretty well sums it up.

I don't know that I said it very well ealier, but I do think more people should question their personal faith. To only be spoon-fed information for the length of their spiritual life is not a good thing in my opinion.

It still bothers me that the person above was told that they would be "evil and die" if they question their faith".

*shakes head*

It makes me think the person that told him/her that is not very secure in their faith.

JDub

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Why do people not get it?

When you see one of those whacked out cults, that alienate their members from the big bad world, that call anyone who rightly knows the truth about them satanic, you can understand why, right? Its because they know their religion is rubbish and they need to lie and make opposers to be the devil, to keep their members brainwashed. Unfortunately countless lives are ruined by this. And I am sure you are sympathetic with them, and would attempt to release them, even if it was futile.

So what I dont get is, how the hell is that 2 Corinthians quote in this post any different at all? Its the EXACT SAME method used by cults to entrap their members. No matter what the other side of the story is, just ignore it, anyone who tries to explain it is evil. Forget truth and justice and giving them a fair hearing, even tho god is a god of truth and justice.

Also, that Ephisians quote really has nothing to do with what I am talking about. Thats talking about those who do evil things now, not about who is right/wrong and what the real deal is.

Re the Jeremiah quotes, the entire reason I distrust/hate the bible, and religion, is because I dont trust man for spiritual matters. The bible has been in man's hands WAY too long, there is so much documented evidence proving its incomplete, and has been altered. Ive asked god for help to know the truth, and this is where I have been led.

There is so much natural evidence that suggest the creator is/was not as loving and just as you hope he is. Parasites, food chain - eating animals is not very nice, certain animals are bred purely to consume, diseases such as alzheimers, parkinsons, cancer, yes such a loving god we have who would inflict these on GOOD people, natural disasters, and thats just a few things off the top of my head.

top topics

join