It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At Least 8 Murdered In 4 Vehicles in Rural Canada

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I was just watching this unfold on TV and thought of making a thread. Its so bizarre.

Here is a Link to the story

The pastoral tranquillity of a nondescript tract of southwestern Ontario farmland was shattered Saturday by the grisly spectacle of eight men found dead inside several vehicles found abandoned in a remote wooded area.

Police were not disclosing many details about the bizarre crime scene, except to say that four vehicles, including a tow truck, were involved and that the dead were all adult males.

"We're not in a position to reveal how they were murdered," Ontario Provincial Police Sgt. Dave Rektor told a hastily assembled news conference.

What caused this?

Gang related? Serial Killer.... but how?

So weird.

Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8-4-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   
And apparently....

There may still be more victims, said OPP Sgt. Dave Rektor. Police airplanes and helicopters were flying over the area.

www.cbc.ca...

Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8-4-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Hmmm...

There's something going on, that's for sure. 8 bodies in 4 cars, adult males...

At this point it could be anything. If the victims were indeed shot, it would narrow it down some.

Not much information at this point though...

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Wow, that is weird... Especially for Canada from what I hear of the place...

It would really help to know how they were murdered...

They really didnt give many details, so its hard to speculate...

But Canada doesnt usually have that type of stuff, does it? I heard its a pretty clean-cut country, as far as things like that go...

Oh, and, Cdn police drive VW Beetles??

Hahaha
Hmm... That isnt a very intimidating car... I would laugh if one of those tried to pull me over, lol

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Super-freaky. My bet is it's related to drugs- pot farm, maybe, or more likely a meth cooking operation. I can't think of any other reason. I really can't.

DE

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
My bet is it's related to drugs- pot farm, maybe, or more likely a meth cooking operation. I
DE

That was the first thought I had too, DE.

The thing is...it could have been a dumping ground for bodies too...stuffing them into old abandoned cars. There's still no word on the time frame of the crime/s.

My money is on a serial killer.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

Originally posted by DeusEx
My bet is it's related to drugs- pot farm, maybe, or more likely a meth cooking operation. I
DE

That was the first thought I had too, DE.

Me2.

The thing is...it could have been a dumping ground for bodies too...stuffing them into old abandoned cars. There's still no word on the time frame of the crime/s.

My money is on a serial killer.

Hmmm. Never thought of that.

Could be, but I'm still with drugs - gang-related, like bikers or something.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   
My first thought was some sort of gang activity... but then there is the tow truck.

Now its a bit strange that the tow truck is so far off the beaten path. I know you can get a tow truck in rural parts.... but you have to CALL one first.

Very weird.

However it was done, it was done quick. How could one person pull it off... say if they were hijacking cars, driving them off the beaten path and killing the victims.

I could see one, and then calling a tow truck and killing the tow truck driver... but more cars?

Maybe a plan hijacking of cars and occupants with a set destination for the murders....

Canadian police never give enough details.

It could be as others suggested, drug related. Rural areas are the place for meth labs and grow ops. Look at the Mayerthorpe RCMP case.

www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca...

Maybe some drug deal went down bad... rival gang set up or something...

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
I could see one, and then calling a tow truck and killing the tow truck driver... but more cars?

Maybe a plan hijacking of cars and occupants with a set destination for the murders....

I hadn't heard that they were all killed over a short time period...

Could it be that the tow truck operator was the killer?

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Does it say if they were all killed around the same time or not? As far as I know, for it to be classified as serial killings they have to have a pretty long break between each death.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   
This is all very odd.

My immediate reaction is a gang war/activity. From what I know, the HA and the Bandidos have chapters in the London area and they don't like each other very much.

It also had to be quite recent. Superior Towing would have noticed a missing truck, I would think. Tow trucks are expensive. Unless the tow truck driver was involved.

It sounds like we won't learn much more until the press conference tomorrow.

For the person that asked about the VW, quite often car dealerships will donate vehicles to the police for PR purposes. This is most likely where this one came from.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Given white guys (vics), tow truck, and location - #1) I suspect bikers. Montreal rent-a-hit... possible grow-op operations/meth turf-war. #2) Rogue elements cleaning up some "loose-ends" after the recent Metro purge of last year and the year before. #3) old-school old-world organized "election of a new board of directors" Hamilton-Style.

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
As far as I know, for it to be classified as serial killings they have to have a pretty long break between each death.

Just for reference, the "cooling off" period can be as little as a few days. The concept is, is it part of the same crime act? In other words, with "spree killers", it is part of one criminal act, whether it takes place quickly (ala Luby's Diner in Texas or Cunanan's killing spree, which took place over several days but was indeed one event). With serial killers, there is a killing (of one or more victims), with a "cooling off" period where the killer resumes a normal course of activities (work, family, lifestyle) and then another killing event and a return to a normal course of activities. Serial killings must also have three victims, or three events, to be considered serial rather than spree or incidental killings.

Just some thoughts to clarify the concept of serial v. spree killings.

There isn't a lot of information available at the moment regarding this particular incident(s), so I can't give an opinion yet about this particular situation, but Canada does have it's own set of serial killers (Bernardi and Homoulka, Picton, Olsen, and the like).

It will be interesting to see what develops. I'll be watching this thread for more information.

Regards-
Aimless

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   
just found this update, pic of one body in back of vehicle shown on Main page at www.bourque.org...

the story article is:

cnews.canoe.ca...

[edit on 8-4-2006 by bretmania]

[edit on 8-4-2006 by bretmania]

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Yep. I'm more worried about the consequences at this point. If this was a biker hit, a mob hit, or a hit on a meth house, there's goign to be some serious consequences. Might be the beginning of a gang/mob war. Until we get more information, it's tough to call, but judging by the was the police are clamming up, it's ugly.

DE

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Provincial 5-Oh will have a "news" conference 10:00AM EDT. I'll post some stuff ASAP. Best bet is the two-wheeled crowd followed by nasty boys metro and the Calabrese... more l8tr.
This might just be the start of a larger cycle - Vroom?
There is darn sure going to be some sort of retribution if it's #1 or #3.
Eight people leave a great manys leads and all roads lead away from Shedden ON. Figure about 3 or 4 people who "know" per victim... may require further mop up?... retaliation?... suppression?

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I just found this article , i wonder if it has somethig to do with the 8 dead in ontario
www.courant.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Bretmania !!!! Good work! Perfect style points... all at the funeral perfect alibi... fits for me so far. Montreal-crew brought in - happened before and not just in the movies either. I'll post what I can find after the "news" conference. Thanx eh!

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   
CNN has a short story now and also video newscast.
www.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a new aerial view & news story on www.msnbc.msn.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join