It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legislative Battle Predicted for Patriot II

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 07:48 PM
link   
kt,

In this day in age, contacting your rep might get you off the rolls. Remember the startling revelations that certain voters were purged from the rolls in Florida by a private consulting group? Turned out that a majority of them had contacted their reps at some point during their tenure. Check out Frontline's expose of Florida.

Also, I do think there are some reps that will vote in the affirmative, regardless of public outcry. And I guarantee you Hatch is one of those. I'd say any Republican incumbents who have races coming next November are sitting on the fence.

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Hmmm .... i did not know that a consulting firm purged some voters from the records. I will look into my current status to make sure I'm still a registered voter for the 2004 Presidential election. It's quite shocking that they would do something like that.

The above aside, I feel that everyone has to make an effort, no matter what the limited chance of swaying opinon. So that's why I encourage people to copy my letter and write to their congresspeople.

I will check out my voting status, however. I've been meaning to do so.

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 08:03 PM
link   
There's some stories coming out of California where voters showed up to the precinct and either...

1) Had their polling place moved to the police station.

2) Were not on the rolls election day after checking their status prior to the election.

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 08:13 PM
link   
For those concerned about being blocked it would be worth to look into voting by mail. Many states require excuses now, so I'm not sure how much of an option that is. But if you vote by mail it doesn't matter where they hold the polling station. I'm talking about the presidential election only, btw. I find this whole business very disturbing, for some reason.

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Cheers to that kt! I vote by mail and find it very convenient.

And yes, you should be concerned, especially if you live in a 2004 swing state.

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 08:25 PM
link   
It is to get you to think that there are going to be a lot of people fighting it,so you think,aww someone else will take care of it because everyone knows.
Sheeplethink.
Get to it,everyone write whoever you can think of to reject this legislation.
backwards and upside down,don't fix your gaze on what they try to draw you into looking at.
Fire the liars.
And if it passes,let's have a war here,I'm bored.

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Thanks for those links. I've contacted my congressmen and congresswomen and told them to repeal the Patroit act.

Now I'll just sit back and wait for it to happen.

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I urge all others to pass my letter around and those links. This trickle may become a flood, yet. Safety in numbers, people. Safety in numbers....

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I wonder if we can put together a concerted effort as the ATS website?

posted on Oct, 14 2003 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by kukla

4) Fax is fastest.

never done a fax, but what ever you do:

DO NOT! (repeat)DO NOT SEND E-MAILS! They are WORTHLESS!

SEND (snail) MAIL (USPS,etc)

OR TELEPHONE (that thing that rings all the time.)

And thanks ktpr for the wonderful form letter.
ill do my own, but it was short and sweet, the way it should be.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join