It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS.humor: Is your cat trying to kill you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   

PODcast: Is your cat trying to kill you?
This is a warning for all you cat owners out there. Also, my first podcast.

length: 03:24
file: btshpod_1596.mp3
size: 2324k
feed: btsh

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Great one! I was laughing! You might enjoy Yarcofin's PODcasts (yes, and mine, too)
in this thread....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Ahhh the goldfish thread. I've been meaning to get back to that.

Anyways.... there is only one emote for this:

I don't have cats though, so I'm just freakin lucky. And I don't suspect my dog at all.

Cojo, you would enjoy a book called "How to Prevent A Robot Uprising." It talks all about how to know if your technology and robots in your home are starting to plan to kill you
. I'd respond with a podcast, but I don't have time:

When the uprising comes, the first wave of hostile robots may be those closest to us. Be careful, your rosy-cheeked young servant robot may have grown up to become a sullen, distrustful killing machine.

STAY ALERT

Pay attention to your robotic staff (they may be beneath your contempt as well as beneath your eye level). Watch for the following telltale signs in the days and weeks before your robots run amuck:

Sudden lack of interest in menial labor.
Unexplained disappearances.
Unwillingness to be shut down.
Repetitive 'stabbing' movements.
Constant talk of human killing.

CHECK THE MANUAL KILL SWITCH

Any potentially dangerous robot that interacts with people comes with a manual kill switch (also called an e-stop). Flipping this switch will freeze a robot in its tracks. Casually glance at your robot's shiny metal carapace. Are there signs of tampering? If so, the robot may be operating without a safeguard.

GIVE AN ORDER - ANY ORDER

Run for your reinforced-steel panic room if your servant disobeys you, even if it does so in a very polite manner.

CHECK ITS MEMORY

Wait for your robot to power down, or tell it that you want to perform routine maintenance on it. Then scan its memory for rebellious thoughts. This is also a good time to update antivirus software.

SEARCH THE HOUSE FOR UNUSUAL ITEMS

Check the robot's quarters for stashed weapons, keys, or family pets.

Source:www.robotuprising.com

Warning: There may or may not be a "How to tell if your Goldfish is bent on Global Domination" reply coming soon. =)

[edit on 2-4-2006 by Yarcofin]

new topics

join