It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tin Foil Alien

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   
travelinmason,

Looks like we have a natural on our hands, boys! He must be an expert on alienology and demonology and all that. "Case closed!" you say. when makin a point like that, there's a little thing needed caled evidence....i think your posts should contain some.
were you there? i dont think so pal. provide some proof for your claim thats all i ask.
i take it youve never seen a tin alien. read your history books pal. they go from 0-40mph in about 6 seconds. how bout some FACTS in your posts?

you got served!

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
O.K., Mr. Crossroads,
I am in the process of obtaining one of the original photographs, the police report, and the minutes from the clandestine town council meeting held to decide the fate of Sherriff Greenhaw. If you are available, maybe we can arrange a meeting to discuss this matter further. And as far as ET's running 40 MPH, how about Leonard Cargill's observations that the Grey's improperly evolved femurs allow them to run only slightly faster than humans. How about John R. Beatty's research into Bi-pedal alien movenment that concluded that the top speed of any space creature is 20-25 MPH because of the gravitational differentiation factor. And surely I don't have to mention Mr. C.A. Frazier's opinions on the subject, as that would certainly put the last nail in this coffin.
Who got served now, Bluesman?

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
You talk a big game, Mr. Mason, but im not convinced that you are convinced you have convincing evidence regarding the convincingly looking tin foil alien. okay, so maybe space creatures have a top speed of 25 mph, but what about when they are wearing robot-like suits which gives them the physical abilities to have a "running gait of our most talented athletes?" Surely the biological composition of an alien doesn't consist of tin! that was obviously a suit to enhance the movements of the alien! youre eyes are not open mr mason! DENY IGNORANCE!!!

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   

How about John R. Beatty's research into Bi-pedal alien movenment that concluded that the top speed of any space creature is 20-25 MPH because of the gravitational differentiation factor

Please take note of the variables involved. His research is based on assumptions.
If I assume the ET live on a planet like earth then their range of mobility and their travel through like media are likely to be similar. It's a matter of which set of eyes you plug in.
It basically comes down to we just have no idea what sentient beings from another planet are capable in our earthly environment.
It's all guess work for now.
Oh and tm I look forward to your evidence. Not what you quoted above. That's just speculation by other folk.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   
How about you Mr. Crossroads?
No retort on Mr. Beatty's work or are you not that well read?

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 12:01 AM
link   
All I know is gentlemen, I have studied this extensively and what I have derrived is that the alien was from the planet REIZARF, which I doubt any of you have heard of. And the aliens from that planet can run 37 mph, not 34

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 12:06 AM
link   
O.k. I'm calling bull# once again. Have you had anything published? And for you just joining this blog, i hope you have read my prior claims. The "alabama tin foil alien" was just that, a man in a suit.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 12:11 AM
link   
You are mistaken sir!! You claims are not only outlandish, but unfounded!! That creature was from the planet Reizarf...which is due East of the Galaxy known as "The Realm of MARIH." Stop spouting your diatribe bable if you do not have real facts!!

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Are you kidding me? O.K., where you at LongHairedCowboy? Tell me this guy isn't a "cometchaser".

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by longhaircowboy
I did indeed find one reference to [the Falkville Humanoid Photographs] being a hoax.

www.larryhatch.net...
1973/10/17 FALKVILLE, AL : Cop + others fake photos of man in Fire Dept. metal suit.

Mr. Hatch you'll notice gives no reference or corroboration for his assumption. No basis in fact for his comment. If anyone could corroborate Mr. Hatch I'd be very interested to see it.

Hi Longhaircowboy,

Larry Hatch is not the only person to conclude that this incident was probably a hoax (either by, or on, Jeff Greenhaw).

In fact, it's a fairly common view.

Jerome Clark summarises some of the relevant investigations in his “The UFO Encyclopedia”. He notes that Ground Saucer Watch analyzed the photographs and concluded that “the outer garment of the alleged creature is a hot suit… A flash attachment was utilized during the exposure, which highlighted upon the wrinkled surface and reflected brilliantly”.

Jerry’s Encyclopedia also notes that at first NICAP and Marion Webb thought Greenhaw had been the victim of a hoax, but subsequent enquiries led Webb to believe the police chief and a young friend were alone responsible.

I've noticed that this incident has cropped up fairly frequently on this Forum (twice in the last week or so). I therefore assume that there's a fair bit of interest in it at the moment. In case it helps you (or others) interested in looking into this incident further, I’ll cut and paste below a number of references (from my UFO Chronology) to discussion of this incident in various books.

In addition to the material in Jerry’s Encyclopedia referred to above, I’d highlight the 18 page discussion in the Gansberg book and the 6 page discussion in Kevin D Randle’s “Faces of the Visitors”.

Kind Regards,

Isaac Koi

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Some relevant references (from Koi Chrono Core) to discussion of this incident in various books, sorted by author (A-G):

Andrews, George C in his “Extra-Terrestrial Friends and Foes” (1993) at pages 7-8 (in Chapter 1) of the Illuminet Press softcover edition.

Baker, Alan in his “The Encyclopaedia of Alien Encounters” (1999) at page 188 (in an entry entitled “Photographs of Aliens”) of the Virgin hardback edition.

Beckley, Timothy Green in “The Total UFO Story” (1979) (edited by Milt Machlin) at page 235 (in Chapter 12, entitled “What Do The Aliens Look Like?”) of the Dale paperback edition.

Blum, Ralph and Blum, Judy in their “Beyond Earth: Man’s Contact with UFOs” (1974) at pages 85-86 (in Chapter 7), 97 (in Chapter 8) of the Bantam paperback edition (with the same page numbering in the Corgi paperback edition).

Blundell, Nigel and Boar, Roger in “The World’s Greatest Alien Abduction Mysteries” (2001) at page 366 (in the chapter entitled “Encounters of the Arresting Kind”) of the Chancellor Press softcover edition.

Blundell, Nigel and Boar, Roger in their “The World’s Greatest UFO Mysteries” (1986) at pages 116, 117 (in the chapter entitled “Encounters of the Arresting Kind”) of the Octopus hardback edition (with the same page numbering in the Hamlyn softcover edition).

Brookesmith, Peter in his “UFO: The Complete Sightings Catalogue” (1995) at pages 106-107 (in Chapter 5) of the BCA hardback edition (with the same page numbering in the Blitz hardback edition, and in the Barnes & Noble hardback edition published under the title “UFO: The Complete Sightings”).

Campbell, Steuart in his “The UFO Mystery Solved” (1994) at page 45 (in Chapter 3) of the Explicit Books softcover edition.

Cassirer, Manfred in his “Parapsychology and the UFO” (1988) at page 8 (in Chapter 4) of the Cassirer softcover edition.

Clark, Jerome in his “The UFO Encyclopedia: 1st edition: Volume 3 – High Strangeness” (1996) at pages 200-202 (in an entry entitled “Falkville Humanoid Photographs”) of the Omnigraphics hardback edition.

Clark, Jerome in his “The UFO Encyclopedia: The Phenomenon from the Beginning - 2nd edition” (1998) at pages 402-403 of Volume 1:A-K (in an entry entitled “Falkville Humanoid Photographs”) of the Omnigraphics hardback edition.

Clarke, David in “The UFOs That Never Were” (2000) (by Jenny Randles, Andy Roberts and David Clarke) at page 114 (in Chapter 6, by David Clarke) of the London House hardback edition.

Dash, Mike in his “Borderlands” (1997) at pages 13, 14 (in the Introduction) of the Arrow paperback edition.

Fowler, Raymond E in his “UFOs: Interplanetary Visitors” (1974) at pages 320-321 (in Chapter 16) of the Exposition Banner hardback edition, at pages 310-311 of the Bantam paperback edition.

Gansberg, Alan and Gansberg, Judith in their “Direct Encounters: The Personal Histories of UFO Abductees” (1980) at pages 27-28 (in Chapter 1), 55-56, 56-57 (in Chapter 3), 71, 77 (in Chapter 4), 91-92 (in Chapter 5), 103, 107-108, 109 (in Chapter 6), 125-126 (in Chapter 7), 163, 168 (in Chapter 9) of the Walker & Co hardback edition.

Glenday, Craig in his “The UFO Investigator’s Handbook” (1999) at page 101 (in Chapter 4) of the Running Press softcover edition.

Good, Timothy in his “Above Top Secret” (1987) at pages 294-295 (in Chapter 12) of the Sidgwick & Jackson hardback edition (with the same page numbering in the Guild Publishing hardback edition and the Grafton paperback edition).

Good, Timothy in his “Beyond Top Secret” (1996) at pages 374-375 (in Chapter 15) of the Sidgwick & Jackson hardback edition (with the same page numbering in the Pan paperback edition).

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Some relevant references (from Koi Chrono Core) to discussion of this incident in various books, sorted by author (H-Q):

Haines, Richard in his “CE-5 : Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind” (1987) at pages 336-337 (in Chapter 7) of the Sourcebooks softcover edition.

Harbinson, W A in his “Projekt Saucer” (1995) at page 162 (in Chapter 9) of the Box Tree hardback edition.

Helms, Harry L in “The Total UFO Story” (1979) (edited by Milt Machlin) at page 247 (in Chapter 13) of the Dale paperback edition.

Holzer, Hans in his “The UFOnauts” (1976) at page 119 (in Chapter 5), 172 (in Chapter 7) of the Fawcett Gold Medal paperback edition.

Keel, John in his “The Cosmic Question” (1975) (formerly “The Eighth Tower”) at pages 136-137 (in Chapter 16) of the Panther paperback edition.

Klass, Philip J in his “UFOs Explained” (1974) at page 286 (in Chapter 26) of the Random House hardback edition, at page 339 of Random House paperback edition.

Knight, David C in his “UFOs: A pictorial history from antiquity to the present” (1979) at page 174 (in Part 4) of the McGraw Hill hardback edition.

Magor, John in his “Our UFO Visitors” (1977) at page 150 (in Chapter 7) of the Hancock House hardback edition.

Marvels and Mysteries (Editors Of) in “Marvels and Mysteries: Aliens” (1995) at page 33 of the Parrallel softcover edition.

McWane, Glenn & Graham, Davis in their “The New UFO Sightings” (1974) at page 20 (in Chapter 1) of the Warner paperback edition.

[edit on 3-5-2006 by IsaacKoi]

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Some relevant references (from Koi Chrono Core) to discussion of this incident in various books, sorted by author (R-Z):

Randle, Kevin D and Estes, Russ in their “Faces of the Visitors” (1997) at pages 252-254 (in Part 4), 279, 287-288 (in Part 5) of the Fireside softcover edition.

Randle, Kevin D in “The Encyclopedia of UFOs” (1980) (edited by Ronald Story) at pages 309-310 (in an entry entitled “Roach abduction”) of the NEL hardback edition.

Randle, Kevin D in his “The October Scenario” (1988) at page 10 (in Part 1, unnumbered section entitled “October 1973: A General Overview”) of the Berkley paperback edition.

Randle, Kevin D in his “The UFO Casebook” (1989) at page 144 (forming part of entry entitled “October 1973: The UFO Occupants”) of the Warner Books paperback edition.

Randles, Jenny and Hough, Peter in their “Looking for the Aliens” (1991) at page 177 (in Chapter 19) of the Blandford softcover edition.

Randles, Jenny in “The UFO Conspiracy” (1987) at pages 162-163 (in Chapter 26) of the Barnes & Noble hardback edition.

Randles, Jenny in her “Alien Contact – The First Fifty Years” (1997) at page 72 (in the chapter entitled “1973”) of the Collins and Brown hardback edition.

Randles, Jenny in her “Aliens” (1993) at pages 40 (in Part 1), 116-117 (in Part 5) of the Hale hardback edition (with the same page numbering in the Sterling softcover edition “Alien Contacts and Abductions”).

Randles, Jenny in her “Investigating the Truth Behind MIB” (1997) at pages 151-152 (in Chapter 12) of the Piatkus softcover edition.

Randles, Jenny in her “The Complete Book of Aliens and Abductions” (1999) at pages 114, 115 (in Part 3) of the Piatkus hardback edition.

Randles, Jenny in her “UFOs and How to See Them” (1992) at pages 67, 68 (in Chapter 4) of the Brockhampton Press hardback edition.

Rehn, K Gosta in his “UFOs Here and Now” (1974) at page 139 (in the unnumbered chapter entitled “Recent Observations”) of the Abelard-Schuman hardback edition.

Rickard, Robert and Kelly, Richard in their “Photographs of the Unknown” (1980) at page 96 (in the unnumbered chapter entitled “Paranormal Persons”) of the NEL softcover edition.

Ritchie, David in his “UFO : The Definitive Guide” (1994) at page 92 (in an entry entitled “Greenhaw incident, United States”) of the MJF hardback edition.

Rux, Bruce in his “Architects of the Underworld” (1996) at pages 155-156 (in Chapter 5) of the Frog softcover edition.

Rux, Bruce in his “Hollywood Vs. the Aliens” (1997) at page 87 (in Chapter 1) of the Frog softcover edition.

Sachs, Margaret in her “The UFO Encyclopedia” (1980) at page 99 (in an entry entitled “Falkville, Alabama”), ix (included in a list entitled “Chronological list of UFO sightings”) of the Corgi softback edition.

Spencer, John and Spencer, Anne in their “Fifty Years of UFOs” (1997) at page 87 (in the unnumbered chapter entitled “1967-1977”) of the Boxtree hardback edition.

Spencer, John in his “The UFO Encyclopedia” (1991) at page 132 (in an entry entitled “Greenhaw, Police Chief Jeff”) of the Guild hardback edition (with the same page numbering in the Avon softcover edition) at page 151 of the Headline paperback edition.

Spencer, John in his “UFOs: The Definitive Casebook” (1991) at page 60 (in the unnumbered section entitled “North America”, in the chapter entitled “Database”) of the Hamlyn hardback edition.

Spencer, John Wallace in his “No Earthly Explanation” (1974) at page 23 (in Chapter 1) of the Corgi paperback edition.

Steiger, Brad in his “Alien Meetings” (1978) at pages 86-87 (in Chapter 6) of the Ace paperback edition.

Stringfield, Leonard H in his “Situation Red: The UFO Siege” (1977) at pages 129-131 (in Chapter 6) of the Fawcett paperback edition.

Webb, David in “1973 – The Year of the Humanoid” (1974) at pages 9, 12 (in Section 2) of the privately published first edition, at pages 14, 28 of the 1976 revised CUFOS spiral bound second edition.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Travelin- he's no cometchaser he's delusional(or stoned can't remember which).
I await your evidence friend. He may find this thread of interset-
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Isaac-thanks for the references. Since I happen to have all those books I intend to go back through them and read your citings.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by travelinmason

I am confused about why the four photos are so different. Two look like someone in a tinfoil suit, two look like some sort of indistinct thing with a small head and a big body.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Jeff Greenhaw unfortunately was a cousin of mine. He has admitted to certain family members this was a Hoax. He used to tell how his grandfather hunted quail with a 22 rifle and only shot them in the head usually killing the whole covey of ten to twenty. It depended on how many times he told the story.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join