It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eulogia the patron god of the skull and bones

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   
The story goes that in 322 B.C. the greek orator demosthenes died and with him the greek Goddess Eulogia known as the god of eloquence went up to the heavens. Her activity was over. Until 1832 the skull and bones society was founded at yale university, and eulogia descended from the heavens and took up residence at "the tomb". The members are encouraged to steal things and bring them back as offerings to the Goddess. Apparently some really valuable things have been stolen. Confiscated license plates are displayed in "the tomb". One of the most fascinating things that lies in "the tomb" is the skull and bones of the famous indian Geronimo that was stolen by Gearge W.'s grandfather. I was hoping to find from you all out their what this Goddess is all about. Is she reportedly Evil? Is she good? who were her parents? the mythology surrounding her etc.

Thanx

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Well, I've studied mythology all of my life and never heard of her. I have a reference book that lists every single deity ever known. Eulogia is not in there. This is a story that S & B made up, i guess.
Besides, Eulogia would mean eulogy which is the speech one gives at a funeral, quite different from the definition S&B gives.

-Forestlady

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady
Well, I've studied mythology all of my life and never heard of her. I have a reference book that lists every single deity ever known. Eulogia is not in there. This is a story that S & B made up, i guess.
Besides, Eulogia would mean eulogy which is the speech one gives at a funeral, quite different from the definition S&B gives.

Correct. The story about Eulogia is fictional, but it also forms the basis of the Skull and Bones initiation ceremony, where the story is acted out.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I hate to disappoint you, but she is a symbol of oratory or eloquence.

thats it. no devil horns, child sacrifices or bloody rituals

sorry

before you read this, keep in mind the first part of it she is illustrating the MYTH of S&B

www.secretsofthetomb.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
I hate to disappoint you, but she is a symbol of oratory or eloquence.

That makes sense, considering that, according to Bones alumni, the Society is primarily a debating club, and has its own debate team at Yale University.

Man, how'd George W. Bush ever get into a club based on eloquent oration?

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
the scariest part of S& B is Bush sr's nickname was magog
here are some more. note Bush Jr.s, he couldn't even come up with a nickname !!!

Nicknames
On an initiate's first day in Bones they are assigned a name, which they will be known as for the rest of their life. Names that are regularly used are: Magog, which is assigned to the initiate with the most experience with the opposite sex; Gog, which is assigned to the least sexually experienced; Long Devil, for the tallest; Boaz, for varsity American football captains; and Little Devil for the shortest. Bonesmen have often assumed names of mythological and legendary figures.

[edit]
Nicknames of selected Bonesmen
William Howard Taft: Magog
F. O. Matthiessen: Little Devil
Averell Harriman: Thor
Henry Luce: Baal
Briton Hadden: Caliban
Archibald MacLeish: Gigadibs
McGeorge Bundy: Odin
Potter Stewart: Crappo
George W. Bush: Temporary
William F. Buckley: Cheevy
Anson Phelps Stokes: Achilles
Reuben Holden: McQuilp
Charles Seymour: Machiavelli
Donald Ogden Stewart: Hellbender
John Kerry: Long Devil

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   
If eulogia isn't real Scully(skeptics) then how come these people worship her like a god?

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Just because they worship her doesn't mean she's an ancient goddess. They made her up. I think it even says so in Alexandra Robbins book.
The meaning of eulogy is "a blessing" as in pronouncing a blessing for the goodness in a person. It isn't about eloquence per se.

-Forestlady

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Just because they worship her doesn't mean she's an ancient goddess. They made her up. I think it even says so in Alexandra Robbins book.
The meaning of eulogy is "a blessing" as in pronouncing a blessing for the goodness in a person. It isn't about eloquence per se.

Hey all I am saying is that I think they believe the myths. Actually it has nothing to do with the christian saying eulogia meaning blessing. It actually comes from the greek word wich means speach[hence eloquence and speech] Check it
I'm interested what Robbins says in her book please tell me. Could it be that they've reinvented the god Calliope who was the greek Goddess of eloquence? I'm also interested in hearing what polytheistic worship means to people and what it might mean to the members of the skull and bones society. One of the Nicknames you mentioned synx high priest is that of Odin another polthiestic(or "pagan") god. The Bohemian society (wich Bush is also a member) worships a 40 feet statue of the "pagan" God molech. Wich leads me to believe that this God and Godess worship isn't just a big Joke (Why the secrets?).Mabey if you worship a God other than the Judeo-Christian "god", then perhaps you can shed light on this subject. Is it possible that they channel these gods at meatings? My mason friend was always taking about Gods and Goddessess and was well versed in mythology. He even created a Goddess called the pot Goddess, and named his pipe after quezacotl. I also know that societies branched from masonry and with a close affiliation with masonry worship all kinds of Gods and goddessess. Which leads me to believe that Freemasons believe in them too. All I'm sure of is that were not getting the full picture.

"the truth is out there"

[edit on 7-3-2006 by Spatacus]

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   
"It actually comes from the greek word wich means speach[hence eloquence and speech] Check it"

Spatacus, one small point.
Reread your own source. It says it comes from 2 words, the first meaning praise and the second (logy) meaning "speech". That's what I meant by it doesn't mean eloquence per se. It literally means praising the good qualities of a person, through speech.
It is noteworthy that they chose Eulogia, rather than Calliope for their deity.

-Forestlady

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Reread your own source. It says it comes from 2 words, the first meaning praise and the second (logy) meaning "speech". That's what I meant by it doesn't mean eloquence per se. It literally means praising the good qualities of a person, through speech.

Thanks for the info forestlady, do you have any more info on what Robbins has to say on the subject?

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spatacus

Thanks for the info forestlady, do you have any more info on what Robbins has to say on the subject?

I do. Robbins maintains that there is no ancient goddess named Eulogia. She says it is one that S&B made up. I'm looking around for my Robbins book, can't put my hands on it right now but will continue looking and get back to the thread with any additional info from her book.

-Forestlady

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spatacus
If eulogia isn't real Scully(skeptics) then how come these people worship her like a god?

Pleased demonstrate that they do indeed worship her. It seems like Kerry is a catholic and Dubya is a methodist. At the Bohemian Grove, the members of the BC have rituals that look like they are worshipping an owl, when in fact they are not.

An important thing to keep in mind is that most of htese sorts of groups, snb, bc, and greek frats in general, came about a a time when people had profound respect for classical civilization and the greco-roman world. So they created these tihngs with greco-roman themes, its not that they are actual neo-classical pagan cults.

worships a 40 feet statue of the "pagan" God molech

This is actually incorrect. THe israelite god 'molech' was never represented as an owl. The "owl of bohemia" is, most likely, yet another one of these classical references, wherein the Owl reprewsents athena and wisdom. Don't look to the socialites and noveau riche who make up the BC now, look at the actual people who invented the organization and its "legendary"internal history. They weren't interested in resurrecting an old heretical israeli cult.

I also know that societies branched from masonry

There is no evidence that SnB was formed as an offshoot of masonry. It seems to really be an invention of these students at yale university, interestingly in a pre-greek frat time.

on elogia, true enough, today a eulogy is a speech at a funeral, today. Eu-Logia would mean c.f. 'true speech', fitting that snb attributes it to an orator, who'd be well versed in rhetoric, which is what a debate club would look to as something of a patron.

[url=http://classics.mit.edu/Plutarch/demosthe.html]Here is Plutarch's work on Demosthenes. There is no mention of "Eulogia" nor "calliope" with reference to him. What source do you have for Eulogia as existing that is not in the context of the snb??

"the truth is out there"

You can not find the truth by looking to confirm preconceived notions, rather you must challenge those notions to find Veritas.

forestlady
Robbins maintains that there is no ancient goddess named Eulogia.

Indeed, if one is to say that there was such a god, where are her temples, where are the votives devoted to her, what texts refer to her? The greeks and romans especially did have lots of werid specifc gods, like "strife" and the like.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Nygdan, actually since my last post about the Boho Grove, I have found out that Molech (or Moloch) is indeed who the owl represents. If you Google "Molech owl" you will find many, many references to Molech the owl in ancient mythology. Molech was an owl god to whom children were sacrificed. The large owl statue was hollow and had a fire inside that consumed the children when they were thrown into the mouth of the owl. The Bohemian Grove folks themselves connect the owl to Molech. Pretty scary actually.

-Forestlady

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
P.S. - It is true that there is no ancient goddess named Eulogia.
It is also true that S&B has at least some Masonic associations. The founder of S&B (can't think of his name right now) went to Germany and met with Adam Weishaupt, a Mason and Illuminati. He came back excited about Weishaupt's ideas and introduced some of them to the S&B.

-Forestlady

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   
The guy's name was William Bertrand Russell, and his family made its money from smuggling opium, which, when I found that out, was another piece of the puzzle that went click! and fit right in. Russell and Alphonso
Taft founded S&B in 1832.

It all began at Yale. In 1832, General William Huntington Russell and Alphonso
Taft put together a super secret society for the elite children of the Anglo-
American Wall Street banking establishment. William Huntington Russell's
step-brother Samuel Russell ran "Russell & Co.", the world's largest OPIUM
smuggling operation at the time. Alphonso Taft is the Grandfather of our ex-president Howard Taft, the creator of the Forerunner to the United Nations.
Only 15 seniors are picked each year by the former graduating class. They are required as a part of their initiation ceremony to lie naked in a coffin and recite
their sexual history. This method allows other members to control the individual
by threatening to reveal their innermost secrets if they do not "go-along".

Skull & Bones

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady
Molech was an owl god to whom children were sacrificed.

I suspect that you will find, as I have in some such cases, that the presentation of moloch as an owl is there associated with the bohemian grove.

THis is reather interesting, ILLUMINTATING, you might say, inso far as, we again have here an instance of a modern idea put upon an archaism, in the one, Eulogia as a classical goddess, and in the other, the owl as representing moloch.

. The founder of S&B (can't think of his name right now) went to Germany and met with Adam Weishaupt

That is certainly interesting, where did you read that? I had thought that snb was older than 1776. Perhaps a bigwig within snb was illuminized?

I have often thought that it was 'dissapointing' (in a sense) that there didn't seem to be any connections between the Sons of Liberty and the Bavarian Illuminati, considering that the goals of the two organizations are so similar, in some respects anyway. If there was a 1776 connection between snb and the BI, perhaps that frat served as an intermediary between the SoL and BI???

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   
The most interesting connection I have found in history is the connections between the Thule society and SnB. The thule society was responsible for funding Adolf Hitler's campaign. The SS was formed on ideals that came from Thule. Symbols such as the swastika, and the skull and bones, graced the uniforms of the SS soldiers, many of whom were conected to thule. The most famous connection being Heinrich Himler, who was interested in all things occult, including pureblood theories and sun-worship. As far as I can tell, thule and Snb were founded at similar timeperiods, and they seem to utilize black markets, and shady buisness practices to make money for thier society, in order to influence governments. Their rituals often involve the contemplation of one's sexual conduct, as well as a more than odd obsession with death. The society uses its financial power to influence government operations, often placing high ranking members of the society in positions of power. These politicians then use thier power to generate revenue to "pay back his debts to the society." This involves trade deals, and the trading and selling of volitile commodities such as gold and oil.

Thier idols don't concern me as much as the connection these societies have to evil in our modern world. These evils being, ethnic cleansing, black market trading, war, and money.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Eulogy stems from this word. Its macabre.

Death, Skull Bones & the present government.

Is there a likeness to Eulogia? I'd like to see the picture.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 07:28 AM
link   

quote: I also know that societies branched from masonry

There is no evidence that SnB was formed as an offshoot of masonry. It seems to really be an invention of these students at yale university, interestingly in a pre-greek frat time.

Ya well guess what you are quoting me completely out of context here look what I actually said:

I also know that societies branched from masonry and with a close affiliation with masonry worship all kinds of Gods and goddessess.

I never said that the skull and bones were offshoots of masonry. I was just going off topic a topic their to explore secret societies interests with pagan gods. When I was reffering to societies with a close affiliation with masonry I was actually talking about a secret society of wich I am a part of wich is A.M.O.R.C.. A.M.O.R.C. takes its affiliation with the gods, and incantations to their gods very seriously and believes that these gods exist as part of the Godhead, wich leads me to believe that there "fascination with greco-Roman gods" is not just out of a curious interest into these traditions and beliefs, it is out of sincere worship. Do not believe for a second that kerry is not fully aware of catholic ignorance, and that Bush is actually a christian.

You can not find the truth by looking to confirm preconceived notions, rather you must challenge those notions to find Veritas.

What are you talking about, preconcieved notions? I have proof and first hand experience that prooves that secret societies invoke gods and truly believe in them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join