It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simulation Theory glitches

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   
In the simulation theory that I believe we are living in, sorry to sound like I'm quoting "The Matrix", but the only glitch I can think of is deja-vu. For other believers of the simulation theory, what else could you offer as being glitches in the system. I would be curious to know.

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Exactly what do you mean by "Simulation Theory Glitches"? Are you reffering the "Unreal Realities of existance and perceptions"?

Sorry,just don't quite understand......

[edit on 28-2-2006 by Allred5923]

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Yes, exactly, unreal perceptions and existances just like a computer simulation. All natural laws and processes governed by a program. Can you think of any glitches in the program that could be observed by ourselves?

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Do you mean things like two headed cows, snakes, & fish or things like the Bermuda triangle, and other strange events when people/things disappear?

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Im talking about strange events. I wouldnt consider Bermuda Triangle a glitch, since its always there. It was deliberately programmed into our system. Whereas for deju-vu it lasts a few seconds and comes with no explanation or warning. I believe when people experience deja-vu, that they all experience it simultanously..its like a virus, or a mistake that enters the program and is then quickly rectified by the simulators.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 02:06 AM
link   
THen you believe incorrectly...

Plainly put dejavu is when data from one eye processes more quickly than from the other... Science proves this.

Now on a personal level I suffer from a lazy eye... (one eye doesn't track with the other) along with serious depth perception issues I experience frequent deja vu. My friends through frequent and fairly mean spiritted un solicitted experimentation pretty well proved it can be literally caused by outside forces, in this case a lighter flicked at the outside edge of my peripheral vision to the bad eye while driving down a road cone strewn freeway...

Needless to say I don't believe in deja vu but I do Believe road cones suddenly appearing to be in the middle lane of traffic is disturbing.

Please all who wish to dissolve into unsolved mysteries read a biology physics and chemistry book or two first... otherwise you make us all just look like kooks.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 04:16 AM
link   
i always thought dejavu was when your brain miss read your short term and long term memory.

some one explained it to me once saying

when something happens its put into your short term memory until u decide if you want to remember it then if you do its placed in your long term memory now and again something happens and you basically have a brain fart and it goes direct to your long term memory which makes it seem
as is if its happened before, basically when you call something from your short term memory you know it happened recently but when you call something from long term memory you know it happened a while ago, but then you basically have this brain fart it goes direct to long term memory and it seems it happened a while ago giving it that deja vu feeling.

this was explained by my old physics teacher so its not really a creditable source.

as for your simulation theory when you die is it like coming out of the simulation to the real world ? i hope so or life's pretty pointless if there's nothing after you die.

as for the Bermuda Triangle i thought that was just gas that's released from the sea bed that makes the buoyancy of ships less and they sink and then when it mixes with the air it stave's plane engines of its normal mixture of gases resulting in engine failure.

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   
U4ria, i like ur explination, it sounds correct, i have perfect vision in both eyes but i experience deju vu at least 10 times a day, i get realy annoyed because i cant remember where i experienced what i happening before and as i carry on thinking about it while carrying on in my activities, it gets longer and longer and stranger and stranger until i just freak out. u may have just saved my sanity mate, cheers. as for these glitches, what about lucid dreams??

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   
No problem Antony glad my post helped you

If you do a search on wikipedia for deja vu theres information regarding my explination, as i said this was explained by my physics teacher during a class i forgot how the conversation came about, its been 13 years but now i found this inofrmation on wikipedia it adds weight to the explianation.

as for lucid dreaming i have no idea, maybe a lucid dream starts when your begining to wake up and your partly conscious

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Simulation glitches... surely deja vu reinforces reality in the skeptical?

I'll expand, why aren't there glitches like my finger momentairly going through the keyboard while I'm typing if the system if liable to problems. Surely a system as well designed as the one supposedly decieving us would be beyond such simple errors as to not notice people have deja vu.

Unless I'm just telling you this so you don't find out your in a simulation, and we were stupid enough to live that glitch in.

[edit on 1/3/06 by byhiniur]

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Yeah I agree lucid dreams could be a glitch, as could be sleep paralysis. Like a similuator entering a wrong digit or something incorrect into their program, and then immediataly correcting the mistake - which is why sleep paralysis only lasts a few seconds, and also deja vu.
There can be no foolproof program - there will always be the possibility to err, no matter how advanced the simulators and their programs may be.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I have to disagree with the scientific understanding of deja vu. I keep a dream log (for about 6 months or so) and have maybe 6 or so dreams written down that have happened while awake with the feeling of deja vu. However, on only 2 of them (that I had recorded) have I known what was gonna happen in a few second. Not exactly a common occurance or a miracle but still happens rarely. Once, though, it was definately very cool. The beginning of the dream happened and I sat there, looking at the door, waiting for my mom to walk in and comment on her new van leaking oil (i wrote the dream down on 11-21-05 and she bought the van in early Febuary this year)Now if there was a way to win the lottery with deja vu, I'd have a whole $5 after taxes.

back on topic, I've not heard much on this simulation theory. But couldn't everything paranormal be in that list of "glitches"? I mean the accepted reality of the majority would be the most likely direction the simulation would take them. Otherwise, the simulator would be faulty for letting the majority get out of hand.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 03:04 AM
link   
It would be interesting if everyone recorded their deja-vu experiences. No doubt there would be a correlation between individuals.
I doubt that everything paranormal is a glitch, as it does not affect the observer directly as does deja-vu, lucid dreams and sleep paralysis. If paranormal activites do exist, I believe the simulators would have deliberately programmed this into the system. Why? I wouldnt know. Maybe they are tweaking and trialling certain parts of the program, or just amusing themselves.

posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 07:21 AM
link   
If you want to get really "Matrixy", when Neo is sitting on the bench with the Oracle, she tells him all about glitches in the system. About programs that no longer play a part and go haywire, and how aliens and ghosts are just malfunctions in the program as well.

But it is worth nothing that I look down upon anybody who thinks that the world is actually inside the Matrix in a literal sense.

new topics

top topics

join