It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are We Enlightened or just Delusional??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Hi Peeps,

Strange title I know...but bear with me:

I often wonder how people can simply dismiss what is happening around them...how people can not 'feel' what is happening around them...with the world, with the whole 'sense' of the flow of things, the spirit that surrounds us.

May not be making much sense here, as its hard to explain, and I hope those who read this can understand where I'm coming from - but it seems to me...and has for some time now...that the 'pace' of events is quickening.

I tend to take my cues from Nature, perhaps that comes from my own native heritage and upbringing...but I believe that Nature itself is a fantastic indicator of the 'health' and 'flow' of this world...and of what is to come.

I have noticed for some time now that Nature itself seems unstable...its flow, its energy, just seems to be disturbed and becoming more and more so as the days go on. The weather here for instance is so erratic, seasonal change can be expected, but complete seasonal change - almost like seasons 'switching' - is another thing...and its not that uncommon. I've also noticed that the 'feel' of the forest, of the rivers, of the animals within them, of Mother Earth seems almost urgent, seems upset...maybe again its something someone from a 'Native' or 'landbased' perspective will understand...but right now Mother Nature is in turmoil.

I do not think its totally to do with the influence of us humans, with our desecration of her on a daily basis...its greater than that...its as if Mother Nature herself is weeping for what is in store for her children, and for us.

This ties in with dreams I have experienced from a young age. I have occasionally dreamt of people before meeting them, places before seeing them, events before they happen...there is a 'feel' to those dreams whereby I just 'know' what I was experiencing was not simply a creation within my own subconscious...not just a set of random images within normal sleep...but something more.

One major dream I have experienced since a young age is incredibly dark...is wrought with storms, with misery and death...conflict and distrust...wars and wholesale slaughter...basically all the nasty bits outa the back of the Bible
It also features an 'alien' element to them as well...which may or may not be as they are depicted, but it matters not, the resounding message within that particular dream is that our time - which is numbered anyway, by virtue of nature/mortality - is drawing to an accelerated close.

Within that dream is also the message to prepare oneself...to prepare ones mind and spirit...to become as strong and as focussed as you can be within yourself and thus with whatever 'higher power' you align yourself with...for, in all honesty, I believe our 'reckoning' is coming soon...call it Judgement Day, call it Armageddon, call it whatever...the name does not change the final event. I also believe that the reckoning will not be a simple Biblical 'judgement', and from there you go to Heaven or Hell...I believe the reckoning instead will be a calling, a call to arms for all warriors to rise and fight the final battle...which I also do not believe to be a physical one but a spiritual one.

So...anyone understand ANY of that?? Or is it time for Alien to quit his job in Mental Health and become a consumer of it....

Peace,
ALIEN

[Edited on 5-10-2003 by alien]

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 07:21 PM
link   
alien

By virtue of your position, I believe you are already both a provider and a consumer of the system you're in.

Your views and dreams are in my opinion quite natural (in terms of Nature) reactions to the evolutionary status of our infernal species. We may get better at looking after our host planet or we may not.

I want to focus on the Judgment Day component of your doomsday commentary, because I was thinking of this only yesterday.

Some orthodox religions have a view of how long the dead soul gets to hang around before its next movement is determined.

Working from the numbers who die every day to an omnipotent creator in the clouds who has given himself the job of judging all of them single-handedly, he has an awful lot of floating-around souls to deal with at any point in time. I'm not all that sure that St Peter would be happy with the increased hours of the job at the Pearly Gates that has been ascribed to him.

More importantly, I really think god would go easy on himself and not create all the extra work that armageddon or a holocaust would no doubt create. I'm not sure that if I was in his sandals I wouldn't delegate some of the judgments to lesser (even mortal) judges myself, it just makes more sense, in order to get about the business of more creation and art.

Again, we tend to have such a homo sapiens-centric view of god's work, as if we are in some way central to the plan. What arrogance.

Sorry for being so cynical at this small moment in time.

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Thanks for your reply MA...nothing cynical about it..."Cynism is for the inexperienced" - love that saying.

In reference to the concept of souls 'hanging around', my take on it is this:

Time is not linear...time also means nought in a spiritual realm. Our time there can be infinitely long or infinitely short...it can be but a 'split second' in our human understanding...or it can be an age within a splitsecond. So 'hanging around' is something I don't see like any 'sitting around twiddling our thumbs waiting' kinda deal...I also don't believe that this life is a one shot deal, that once done we await our judgement...rather I believe we can/do transfer to other forms of existance...other realms...perhaps in a way we DO take a little bit of the burden from God by doing our own judgement. I certainly believe we all have a 'piece' of the Creator within each and every one of us...which is even more reason to show love to all, for in doing so we show love to Him...so perhaps that 'piece' facilitates our own personal judgement.

I do believe the ultimate goal is to be one with the Creator...but I do not believe we ultimately succeed or fail in that mission by virtue of the works within this one and only life we are born with...

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Your Mojo suits you,in these times it is an alien way to be in tune with that which most take for granted and do not notice.
I have been feeling some sort of "quickening" sensation,impression,smell.......don't know what it is,but I do know that if there is something going on,the majority will be watching the tube and worrying about less important things.
People waste too much time worrying about where they are to think about where they're going and what will become of them when they get wherever that may be...
There are a lot more important things to think about than what is happening here on this level.
I think it's a test.
Peace be with you..

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 10:47 PM
link   
i actually gave up living a life of material luxury in california to move to the south to spiritually and mentally prepare for the oncoming onslaught...
as to being disillusioned no i have faith and with that there are some feelings that can not be pinned down to a tee...
i pray all is and will be well, yet for some reason i know it will...
the cost for such well being i not know for i live with my sacrifices and some dont...

1 love and peace...

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I also feel a compression of time.

Was it not quite recent that some scientists claimed that time was slightly increasing? Whatever that means. I think that the time of one day is decreasing, one would expect that as the earth decelerates.

But the more obvious is the feeling that I have regarding the future, not a foreboding as in the recent past but more like an acceptance of and expectation of great change.

I know other people that feel that way also.

Things are changing very fast in the world and it is clear that many people feel displaced because of it.

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 11:03 PM
link   
uNBaLaNCeD Thank you for your reply. I agree there is more to contemplate than what we are going to have for dinner, how to make the next rent payment etc etc. Of course those things are important, as life in this world requires those commitments to be fulfilled...though sometimes I just feel like shaking people and screaming "Wake the heck up!" This world, as we have created it, seems more about disempowerment/separation than spiritual advancement.

bigsage Thank you for your reply...I also believe that, in the end, all will be well...I do believe Good will triumph eventually...but I also see that many will fall (physically and spiritually) in the battle towards that end. I only hope that I may stand/fight with honour in His name along the way...

THENEO Thank you for your reply. Displacement...great way of putting it...very accurate. Yes...things seem displaced, like the natural order has been changed and an equilibrium is being frantically sought again.

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 12:12 AM
link   
the battle has already been won and we are trying to grasp it within the frame of time we have come to know as linear...
as a warrior i stand as a man i will not kill...
for the battle is within and self capitulation sucks man...

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigsage
...for the battle is within and self capitulation sucks man...

too true Bigsage...totally agree...

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 03:27 AM
link   
WEll Alien. I know exactly how you feel.

I've felt the same way since i was small also.

Something's just not right, and lately the pace has quickened and there's going to be some HUGE war like WW3 and nukes are going to go off all over the place. Or something else really devestating is going to happen in the future, not too distant. Not like when im 100 years old...like in the timeline of up to 2015 or the likes....something bad is going to happen.

Somehow i just know something bad is going to happen, and that i have a part to play once it does if i'm not dead which i dont think i will be.

But lately the feeling is getting stronger, and it feels like things are getting much quicker.

And something definately isn't right with nature/the weather in my area.

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 03:38 AM
link   
well i jump on the bandwagon... ive felt exacally the same for a while now... i feel like im waiting for a bad event to happen.... i have no idea what but something inside is telling me to be ready...

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Alien: I can relate to what you described, a lot of things these days seem a little "of". The weather is one thing, well documented, often dismissed. globalization is another thing; as technology progres and the world gets smaller, we are all forced to look at things in a bigger perspective. This is for most parts very disturbing, witnessing atrocities being commited every day, all around the world. Inequity increasing...

As a child Mother Nature played a large part of my life. Alas, this is not the case anymore. Now I work every day, to make money, to live the life, that has been dictated by our ideas of a meaningful existence. These ideas, however, are proving to be flawed, from my point of view. These widely accepted premises seems to me too materialistic, too obsessed with (technological) progress, overlooking the fact that we are still beings driven by emotions to some extend. Don't get me wrong, I'm as much a tech freak as the next guy, but it doesn't overshadow my view of the world, to the extend that thinking that progressing technology is the (only) answer to all this world's misery. We need to evolve our compassion as well, to extend beyond our notions of nationality and race, and not just sit in the comfort of our home, watching frockin biased news and just saying: Dang, what is the world coming to, I'm glad I'm here, where I'm safe. Yet, this is what most ppl are in fact doing. And yes, the world is a scary place, it IS difficult not to turn the blind eye, at times, I mean I don't pretend that I'm doing the best I can to better the world, but the first step in the right direction, could be to realize the above mentioned, yeah?

Sorry if I got *slightly* of topic here, got carried away...
Need to catch my breath now

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Alien you are obviously someone who thinks deeply and has a strong spiritual outlook and I'd agree up to a point with what you're saying but I don't really believe that any armageddon is some pre-ordained tempering of us as spiritual beings. We very well may screw the earth up or we may come to our senses and work to undo the damage, I believe nothing is set in stone. It is our conscience that will dictate how we act and as that IMO is closely aligned to our spirituality then in a sense it will be a spiritual battle. I think God will step back and leave us to work this out for ourselves, he gives us free will and choice, the outcome is down to us.

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 02:46 PM
link   
DaRAGE Thank you for your reply. Yeah, it feels like Mankind is rapidly approaching a 'crossroads' of sorts...where one path leads to destruction, and the other leads to peace...thing is I really don't see Mankind making any real moves to turn down the te 'peace' path.

The Blade Runner Thank you for your reply. That call to be ready is familiar...hope we are all ready in whatever way we need to be.

operatoreleven Thank you for your reply. You are right...its one thing to sit here and say "How gee, the world is going to Hell in a handbasket", its a whole lot more demanding of our energy to actually attempt to do something constructive/active about it. Guess we do what we can. Don't think anyone expects people to rush out and save the world...but we CAN make a positive difference even within just one persons life...then maybe they'll return the favour to someone else, and so forth and so forth...its a start.

ubermunche Thank you for your reply. Is any Armageddon pre-ordained...or is it inevitable...are they even two separate things. I guess its like drinking and driving...if you get drunk as heck and jump behind the wheel of your car then you stand a very high chance of crashing your car...the crash may not have been pre-ordained, but ones actions leading up to that crash could be - in a way - seen as making that crash inevitable. I agree...I PRAY...that we Humans may turn things around...but I honestly don't see that happening. It would take a HUGE change in our collective consciousness. God does indeed give us freewill...that freewill can be our salvation or our eradication...I'm hoping for the 'salvation' option, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it...

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I think that most of the people have the feeling of uncertain future because of we feel betrayed by our own creation. The world we live in now is our own creation, and a lot of people in the west have lived the past 10 years in secure enviroment ( false security, i have to add): no threat from outside, cold war was over, it was the time of renewal, economy was doing better, we have reached the new millenium with hopes and dreams. Then all that fell apart. Our own creation turned against us, planes slaming into buildings, trust in humanity lost, and all that. Suddenly the future became uncertain, and the nice past was moving away from us. That made us remember that in all the written history there wasnt a single generation which didnt witness a horible war. We thought we were different... suddenly it doesnt seem that way.
Whether some big war IS coming or not, is not relevant, the feeling of security is gone.

As for mother nature: that is something we have destroyed again with our own creation, with modern world. Even if it isnt the revenge of Mother Nature, it will feel to us like it is, because of our set of mind. You do wrong to someone, you can expect something back, often even bigger then your deed.

Humanity has walked the Crossroads many times in the past... its just that we have forgotten that.

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 08:06 PM
link   
>Strange title I know
Not really - the thought has occured to me more than once actualy.

>I often wonder how people can simply dismiss what is >happening around them...how people can not 'feel' >what is happening around them...with the world, with >the whole 'sense' of the flow of things, the spirit that >surrounds us.

Yep - I understand completely. As if they have their eyes and ears closed. How they can't feel it throughout their body ... I can't believe they don't, how could they not??? Is it really a gift, I mean I don't see how everyone don't have this basic fundamental "?". It's like the begining of life itself yet some how people for the most part seem to overlook it.

>but it seems to me...and has for some time now...that >the 'pace' of events is quickening.

Yes, something is changing. It's been happening for about a year now really strong. I can't put a lable on it but everything is changing. I'm not sure if it's good or bad, but I think it is 'supose to be'.

>I do not think its totally to do with the influence of us >humans, with our desecration of her on a daily >basis...its greater than that...its as if Mother Nature >herself is weeping for what is in store for her children, >and for us.

It's more than nature. Is the energy, it's that, I don't know what it would be called, there's no name for it....it's the 'everything', that which is much higher than us, than this earth and it's nature. It's the begining and the end and everything inbetween.

I'm afraid to think in biblical terms right now, and right now it is important to do so. For so long I was strong of spirit and ready. Only now so recently I slip and find myslef feeling vonerable - and now, of all times, any day....

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 08:09 PM
link   
In reference to the concept of souls 'hanging around', my take on it is this:

***they are here.

Battle. There is a battle for the soul going stronger now than ever before. I was never in jepardy and now, in the last days I find myslef not only scared but very much pulled from my rightful place and left in the danger zone.

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I too believe the Earth is undergoing cyclical and induced change. And it is happening in a time of great disconnect between the planet and its inhabitants. Our lives have become so packaged, so rapid and full of "modern convenience" we quickly forget what it means to be part of the animal kingdom. Our concepts of relating to Earth have become wildly distracted. "Camping" is now a concrete slab and a fire pit for $20. "All Natural" is a nice guise for those additives that barely under FDA carcinogenic thresholds. "Nature" is Smokey the Bear and Sierra Club. "Heritage" and "Traditions" are "celebrated" nightly for $50 a head. (indirect reference to the Luau Cartel of Waikiki)

It is this disconnect that will be our undoing. I like to think that our undoing is also a cyclical event in the progression of intelligent life. For myself, I find balance in diet. Organics, whole foods, no additives, community grown and harvested. With that said I offer a poem I picked up while in the islands. It was scribbled on a wall in a communal kitchen at a permaculture farm on the big island. I rummaged through several boxes to find it, so I hope someone takes it to heart.

It's So Easy

It's So Easy
Driving to the market
Wandering the aisles
Not thinking about what you're buying
Or who you're buying it from
From where it was flown
where or how it was grown
It was flying the friendly skies
And hitting the freeway
Weeks and thousands of miles ago
Plant it, spray it, cut it, cool it,
preserve it, salt it, sugar it, package it,
can it, bottle it, label it, store it, ship it,
stock it, bag it, zap it, serve it,
Out of sight, Out of mind, but not out of body.
If it wasn't for shelf life, It wouldn't have no life at all.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 01:54 AM
link   
yet those experiencing reality for all it is is in the same position...
a cosmic balancing game?...
well i as a positive being look forward to the future...

even when my ancestors were told we "didn't" have souls and our souls were not broken...

be strong for some who have gone through much more still have resolve...

and love yourself, yourhigher self and the father of all creation...

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Old thread ... worth revisiting ...

Enlightened or delusional?

Some are enlightened. A lot are delusional. Some who think they are enlightened are delusional. Some who think they are delusional are enlightened. But my subjective guess ... not many really enlightened people exist on planet earth. The enlightened ones don't come back ... aren't reincarnated ... that often.

top topics

join