It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should ATS have a health Warning.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Ok you may find this silly & funny.

I introduced a good friend to ATS and after two weeks surfing he has declared himself paranoid. On the up side his conspiracy knowledge has increased on the down side I believe he thinks the MIB are watching him and he has a nice tin foil hat now. Does ATS have an effect on mental health? who knows.

My question is should ATS have some kind of visible warning 'enter at your own peril!' & 'not suitable for those of quiet disposition' type warning, legally, morally
I thought i'd ask those in the know

Please feel free to move if this is not the correct forum.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Munro_DreadGod
My question is should ATS have some kind of visible warning 'enter at your own peril!' & 'not suitable for those of quiet disposition' type warning, legally, morally
I thought i'd ask those in the know ...

The only necessary warning is already in place...

DENY IGNORANCE!

... most folks just take it from there.

Questions? Just U2U.

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   
The M.I.B. are using us for a "hotsheet" and thereby leaving ectoplasmatic energy vibes upon our pixels. These pixels, when introduced through the eye pupil, of the "quietly disposed" Human may have a habit of reverberating around the gray matter and associated brain cells causing myriad different reactions and actions.

Your friend could possibly be one of the most "in tune" members of the species. His inate and hyper sensitive alternative topic receptors may have picked up so much information that he is up for recruitment into the Federation of Planetary Exopoliticians as an Ambassador to the Intergalactic Foil Consortium (The I.F.C.)...

The above attempt at humor was brought to you by the limited mental faculties of a fellow "ATStronaut".(c)

Or not...

I would suspect that it's really the quality of the information combined with the opening of a powerful mind to many new possibilities that is really at the root of your friend's "situation".

Tell me, is he a pretty smart/intelligent fellow? I am betting he is.

Springer...

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Very intelligent, your right. From my own point of view the Leer interviews had an 'effect' which made me question certain ideas I had. while not making me paranoid did make me feel uneasy, maybe its not the ATS website but the content from high profile contributors that needs a warning. Anyways just a thought, regards.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 03:52 AM
link   
WARNING: The Surgeon General Has Determined That AboveTopSecret.com Is Dangerous To Your Ignorance.

There. That oughtta do it.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
There have been many occasions that I have felt very paranoid, especially after reading "top secret" stuff on here, that you're not sure if actually was leaked out by the government, and any moment they could be coming to retrieve it back out of your brain
. Why do I fear the US Government when I live in Canada? I don't know.... thats just how the ATS Paranoia Syndrome works.

I think that the extra knowledge and insight is worth the side-effect of extreme paranoia, though.

[edit on 20-2-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   

WARNING:

Above Top Secret, when used in excess may cause: Jitters, shakes, excess paranoia, computer chair butt, anal leakage, erratic behavior, a loss of apathy, denial of hate, envy, ignorance, and pancakes, and mild dylexia. If you appear to have any of these symptoms, consult a doctor immediately. Abusing Above top Secret may result in death or injury.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Yeah it should have a health warning as only the closed minded ignorant types do not have bad days ( or weeks) depending on what they have uncovered. I still remember some 'morning after's' i have had due to things suddenly making sense when they did not before....

Stellar

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Only occasionally to my blood pressure
. Mostly though I find it to be a gentle jaunt through the thought processes of some seriously whacked out people, and thouroughly enjoying myself. So all in all, its probably good for my mental health, I think...

I am kidding about the seriously whacked out part, sort of..., but since I have my whacked out moments, I'm amongst kindred spirits.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a couple more side effects for the warning, lol

-May cause sleep deprevation due to paranoia of darkened rooms and shadows.

-Loss of girlfriends or other friendly members of the opposite sex, due to ranting about conspiracy theories.

Headaches and migraines, from staring at the screen all day! Which in reality is being tapped into by a secret organisation and they are taking your picture with the feedback radiation of your monitor.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   
ATS convinces me daily that things are not nearly as bad as the doomsayers say. I never much thought about conspiracy theories, though I must admit that upon hearing of Princess Diana's death, my first thought was that she and Fayed were murdered by the Royal family, something that has never been borne out by the facts, in my judgement.

Now that I frequent ATS, I have an opportunity to read about conspiracies I would have never dreamed of and to explore them to whatever extent I choose. So far, I'm pretty convinced that almost all conspiracies involve only a handful of people and directly impact even fewer.

What has impressed me more is the extent to which some will go to find conspiracy where there is none and the willingness of others to believe whatever is dressed up in conspiracy attire.

These two recent threads I believe illustrate both points:

Project Serpo: Postings by "Anonymous" -- Breaking news?

Dick Cheney Accidentally Shoots Hunting Partner

[edit on 2006/2/21 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Glad to see that 'common sense' still exists. The problem with ATS is well if you take a sponge and drop it on a small pudle of water it absorbs all the water, ATS is a sea the sponge cannot absorb everything. Sorry for the poor attempt their but you get my point their is so much on ATS you could spend all your waking time on it.

My first stint in 2004 was a solid week and great as ATS is it does not really give answers it seems to generate more questions. It started as a snowball on top of a very big hill and is now rolling getting bigger all the time.

Its hard to keep up with, maybe someone should write A GUIDE TO USING ATS - SO YOU DONT END UP PARANOID or similar what do you think?

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   
More questions than answers is an understatement! I haven't been here long, but I've already lost count of the number of times I've had to check a fact or two after reading responces to me or others. Haven't neccessarily changed my mind, but looked at things with clearer eyes perhaps.

That blood-pressure thing though...

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   
they do not need a helth warning

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
It's all good.
We mean you no harm.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Here's one warning.

Warning!!

ATS is like taking that red pill (it was red wasn't it?) in the movie The Matrix. You keep wanting to find out more and can't seem to get enough.

or

Warning!!

We're glad you decided to join ATS. YOU HAVE NOW BEEN ASSIMILIATED. We are ATS. Your life as you knew it before no longer exists.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Wow, I don't know about this but as I read this i keep worrying what if there's a conspiracy theory cult already on ats and were divulging their very secrets right now. Watch out guys you might guess the truth. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I'm going back to my hole!

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I think the internet in general needs a gigantic warning:

may cause stupidity

what if you took both pills?

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   
you'd overdose. Lose all control of rationality and sanity and see robots and demons walking around. whenever you join the two halves of the tatoo on your arms you warp into hell. Then well your their you get pursued by little knee high politicians and lawyers with mouths like sharks. Don't forget the boogie man will get you if your hallucinating in paranoia. lol

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Anyone got a plan for that tin foil hat anti satellite detection system? and how do you know if your phone is bugged. Answers on a postcard too...................

<<   2 >>

join