It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The anti muslim feelings

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bikereddie
Very, should we be afraid? or lay back and carry on and forget things? Hard thing to do i would say..............

I think we've already forgotten things. Remember when we dissed Tass or Pravda? Seems like the western media learned a thing or two. Like sucking up to the gov., or being led by it.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
As long as muslims keep rioting and burning down embassies the negative threads are going to continue.

I totally agree. Ir's hard to blame the media for something like this:

Bounty offered on cartoonists as protests rage
By Simon Cameron-Moore
ISLAMABAD (Reuters) - A Pakistani Muslim cleric and his followers offered rewards amounting to over $1 million for anyone who killed Danish cartoonists who drew caricatures of the Prophet Mohammad that have enraged Muslims worldwide.
Bounty

This is the imam, not the media or the gov't., inciting the masses. Notice that the western response has been totally appropriate so far. Yet the protests and violence continue to escalate.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by kuhl
(public opinion maybe?)

(Pure B.S. more likely)

Some people need to feel part of something larger than themselves. Some turn to religion, some turn to patriotism. It is noting more than mental enslavement. Take it as a positive, and let it help you sort the wheat from the chaff.

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 12:57 AM
link   
One thing to remember is that ATS doesn't accurately reflect the feelings of any one nation, or the west, or the world.

Just look at the American members of ATS. There's a thread on BTS called "what age are we?" If you read, you'll notice that most members are actually teenagers. A group that, in addition to not voting, doesn't have a great deal of impact on society, except as consumers of leisure items like XBOX games and movie tickets.

Secondly, Everyone on ATS has recurring access to a computer. This rules out a lot of people in ghettos, as well as factory workers, farmers, cab drivers, etc, who don't have hours to waste in front of the monitor every day.

A large number of ATSers are probably students. Probably a larger than average number of them are unemployed or are part-timers by choice.

Now add to that the huge number of folks from other countries on ATS.

See, this community, while valid in and of itself, hardly represents widespread "anti-muslim sentiment," except among affluent teenagers.

There ya go.

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Good points, dr_strangecraft. I remember when I was a teenager I was very easily swayed by the "us against them" sentiments of certain anti-US, anti-west media.

As I got older (and presumably wiser) I started to realise the spin played by both sides. I also got to know many westerners, from college exchange programmes and those who come down here to Malaysia for vacation.

That's when I realised that these people aren't the ignorant monsters the media potrayed them to be. In fact I learned that most of "them" have nothing against "us."

When I started taking psychology and mass media classes, I started to learn how easy it is to manipulate masses of people (individuals are a different story altogether) and I begin to realise how the media from both sides use such simple psychological principles to brainwash or indoctrinate the masses to whip up support for elected officials and leaders in pursuing their agenda.

The point is, while the western media keeps on focusing on muslim atrocities, the muslim media continually focus on western atrocities. Traditionally we rely on the media as our source of news. So we take what they say as gospel, pretty much. And when what they say is along the lines of "they are out to get us," the result is greater polarization between the West and Islam.

As long as the current media-gatekeepers on both sides continue with this agenda, I don't see how things are gonna change. There is one hope though. Blogs.

Blogs are personal articles and points of view not filtered by the gatekeepers. Granted that even so many articles still carry whatever bias from the media the person writing it has watched. But given time and exposure, we may eventually see blogs that are more objective and balanced in their reporting.

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 01:57 AM
link   
To be honest, Most media source News are all the Same. And Its always a liberal slant. (Vrs the Fox slant.)

Its funny how it always opposes US involvement In Iraq. But defends anti-Religious Propaganda. While at the same time Supporting France's Anti- Muslim Garb law, Yet Admonishing any Type of such law in the US.

I'm Sorry Interprid, But I have never seen any positive "reaction" to Bush. By the Normal media. Except when He allied temporary with Liberal ideologies. Exp Mrs. Mears, And the Kennedy-Bush Education agreement.

As to the “Most people here are Teenager’s”. It’s properly right. And “progressivism” is the In thing Now. And “fighting the power” is against Walmart, Bush Administration, And Haliburton.

And most Teenager's Are mindless when it comes to fighting "peer pressure".

BTW- I'm a Over 30? Libertarian And would prefer More news sources then The "Two party control" system. (Which Most Blogs are as well.)

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   
We are talking about simple problem--reaction--solution. Even with the Imam story out of Pakistan. Stories like these keep it fresh in the publics mind that ALL muslims are extreme (the problem). If you read the thread on ATSNN about this story you will see that feeling of "omg" in every post (reaction). Some believe that ALL the people in the middle east should be killed--because of a few. Many Muslims were upset and offended even here in the US...a few in the middle east took to the streets and burned the embassy--burned flags--dressed up and totted their guns. In my mind this doesn't call for the total dehumanization of a whole population (on either side), but the ball is already rolling.

I like how Valhall explained the processing of this type of information in her radio interview. Some folk have that critical thinking light turned on...while others do not. That is not to say anyone has the absolute truth on lock, but it is to say that it doesn't matter what ones age is--aware is aware and if you aren't aware you can be easily manipulated by stories like these. I think folk on both sides are being played and the media is most def the catalyst beaming this propaganda to homes live and direct...so in turn...we can take our limited view of the world and form an opinion that totally dehumanizes people.

If we can support war...and they can support war...then our governments can give us our war.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
This is the imam, not the media or the gov't., inciting the masses. Notice that the western response has been totally appropriate so far. Yet the protests and violence continue to escalate.

Im sorry but the response of the media in the west towards Islamic extremeists has not been appropriate in my eyes. Ok, put it this way, does the media in African countries broadcast everything the KKK says on the front page because they hate black people? No.

The media is damaging relations between Muslims and the west because it gives so much attention to even the smallest of extreme clerics and thus gives the impression to John Smith on the street who reads 'The Sun' everyday that all Muslims are wild extremists who premote killing westerners.

Out of millions and millions of Muslims why give so much attention to the tiny tiny minority who premote hatred. The media is doing their job for them better than they ever could.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
As long as muslims keep rioting and burning down embassies the negative threads are going to continue.

And as long as their countries get invaded they'll keep on burning down embassies or blowing themselves up in cafes.

Then we'll make fun of their religion(cartoons) and torture and humiliate prisoners.

And they'll blow up a nightclub in Bali.

And then.......See where im going with this?

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I will admit that I am openly anti-Islam. I view Islam to be one of humanity's greatest opponents. And no I am not -swayed-, I look at the evidence. I look at the statical facts regarding terrorist acts committed WORLD-WIDE and what or who is the source of behind them. Try it out sometime, it might give many of you a reality check. Yes, christianity and other religions have had their past-time astrocities, and I don't doubt it or make excuses for this. (Plus it's not something I even give a damn about) Lastly, I am concerned about the present-time as it is, because this is the time I exist in. And because I know this question may arise, in question of my own beliefs, I am not affiliated with any religion at this time. Till then, I will remain strongly against the evil of Islam.

BTW this site is the best: www.jihadwatch.com

top topics

<< 1   >>

join