It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How is God "love"?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Leovirgo don't try and explain to lilutu, because they haven't reached understanding. So they mock. it's like everything Iv'e been saying goes in an ear and out the other.

when they die, God will show them that hell is just and why each soul is there.

It will all be sorted out soon.

peace.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

I would appreciate it if you dont act like I am in agreement with the idea of a hell JesusisTruth....you know I dont agree.

We are spiritual beings that are learning things, dont ever think that God gives up on anyone.

Reaping what one sows works perfectly...its not a hell...its a cycle that teaches us what we are and what our nature is.

There is no human not worth reaching out to.

She is actually listening to her inner being...which is more then you are doing.

She is actually very right. I was letting her know that she should continue to listen to that inner voice...because its there for a reason.

I mean no offense.

I was actually encouraging her...that just because the image of God from the Bible doesnt sit well with her...to not give up on the idea that there is not a higher power or that she is not worthy.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by LeoVirgo]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Ok i apologize. But, God doesn't give up on anyone, souls give up on God.

and they cannot be forced to sevre. People in earthly jail cannot be forced to do the right thing and love.

some souls reach a point where there is no going back. No love left exist. They go to hell.

You don't understand what hell is.

It's where the soul is fixed in a state of evil forvever by their own choice. they can't convert because they don't want to. God supplies nomore graces to that soul and it is nothing but hatred.

It's impossible to explain since understanding itself is a grace. So I'll say nomore about it

peace.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by JesusisTruth]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth

Ok i apologize. But, God doesn't give up on anyone, souls give up on God.

and they cannot be forced to sevre. People in earthly jail cannot be forced to do the right thing and love.

some souls reach a point where there is no going back. No love left exist. They go to hell.

You don't understand what hell is.

It's where the soul is fixed in a state of evil forvever by their own choice. they can't convert because they don't want to. God supplies nomore graces to that soul and it is nothing but hatred.

It's impossible to explain since understanding itself is a grace. So I'll say nomore about it

peace.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by JesusisTruth]

When a soul does not see God...there are reasons. God understands the reasons. The orders and cycles will harden hearts and will sift their flesh out from their spirit.

If someone does not love, there is reasons. They are forgiven for what they do not know. The environment plays a part in forcing souls to reap what they have sown. They may live a life of hatred before living a life of awareness and understanding. Sometimes this is needed.

The only thing that exist in forever is God, the Holy Spirit. No evil can reside therein with that. You limit Gods abilities.

When a soul, not in the flesh, see's what it is and who it is and what it is of....can not and will not deny itself. If you think that a soul can stand before God, in full knowing of God, and deny God....then you cant understand. Only in the flesh can a soul deny such things...but still, its not obvious God is here or is real while we are in the flesh. God is not that shallow to bank our saving on what we believe.

Its about your heart, what you have learned, about your nature...God will sift us all out, like grapes get sifted into fine wine.

We have done this several times you and I...even though we disagree...know I love you just the same and wish the best to you and yours.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by LeoVirgo]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo

Originally posted by Lilitu
How is god love? Well it makes a great distraction to take your mind off the fact that he routinely roasts the souls of those who cross him in hell for eternity no matter how negligible the offense.

This is exactly why we must discern. So many know in their deepest being that a higher power, holy and divine, would not work in such primal ways.

Thanks but no thanks. The only "thing" to discern from this logical inconsistency is that the loving god who chars those who slight him is just as imaginary as pink unicorns and rainbow coloured ponies. Or put more aptly, just as imaginary as vampires, werewolves, ghosts and any other monstrous phantasms you can dream up.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo

How is god love? Well it makes a great distraction to take your mind off the fact that he routinely roasts the souls of those who cross him in hell for eternity no matter how negligible the offense.

This is exactly why we must discern. So many know in their deepest being that a higher power, holy and divine, would not work in such primal ways.

Thanks but no thanks. The only "thing" to discern from this logical inconsistency is that the loving god who chars those who slight him is just as imaginary as pink unicorns and rainbow coloured ponies. Or put more aptly, just as imaginary as vampires, werewolves, ghosts and any other monstrous phantasms you can dream up.

I dont think you read my posts. I said...you are right. A loving God does not 'chars those you slight him'. If you want to be stuck in this idea that this is the only image of God that can be possible....that is fine.

I was telling you, your intuition was right...that God's nature would not be what the Bible says it is.

I also was not trying to push any idea of God on you....was just saying that just because one book gives a image of god...that disagrees with your inner being...doesnt mean you cant look past this image and does not mean that there is not a higher holy power to the Universe.

I am one of those who do not think 'belief' in God are important....I am a supporter that your honest heart and deeds in this life are what matters.

It just so happens that I have had to many out of this world experiences to remain 'logical' and the idea of beyond this world kinda of things has been somewhat in my face....so I dont call my ideas 'belief' I call them 'experiences' that allows me to 'know' there is more to this little life here. But I dont expect any human to just believe in anything and I dont think God does either, so please, Im not trying to get you to 'believe' in anything...just saying that just cause one god image from a one religion doesnt fit right with you does not mean that there must and cant be a higher power.

LV

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The phrase, “God is love” comes from the following biblical passage…

1 John 4:8 (N I V )
Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

You are right about all the injustice, corruption and bad things of this world but there is also a lot of love out there too. A good friend of mine here at ATS used to say that “if you love something, you will set it free, and it will freely come back to you”. If you love your child, then you must allow that child to learn and experience things of the world, only in that way, are they free to make there own choices.

If God had made us without freewill, we would just end up being like mindless robots. You see, we all have a choice and most of the bad things that happen in the world are because people continue to make there own bad choices. Rather than seeking Gods knowledge, they seek after their own.

Because God loves us, he has not abandoned us, and is reachable at anytime, through the Holy Spirit. God will not force his way into our lives but if we seek him, he is there, ready and waiting for us.

- JC

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
Can somebody please explain to me how God is love?

God created the universe. He gave life to all creatures in it. This includes humans, animals, plants, fungii, bacterea, viruses.

It is said a persons creation can reflect their personality.

Humans inflict the horriblest of tortures and evils upon one another. Nature is filled with some barbaric creatures that not only kill each other to survive, but need to kill and eat other animals to survive. Bacteria and viruses take over and destroy their hosts. The whole cycle of life is based on death.

The world is full of injustice. A murderer can take a life, but how can he ever recieve true justice for his actions? Theres no possible way to give the victim their life back. Life is short, yet it is filled with all manner of evils.

So, does this reflect God's personality? I think it does. Earth may be pretty on the surface, but once you get closer you see how ugly and vicious it can be.

People claim that the Quran and the Bible are written/inspired by God. These books are full of yet more rape, murder, destruction, pain, disease, evil inflicted on people just wanting to live their lives and refusing to follow a bloodthirsty warmongoring deity.

There is no way a loving God with a conscience could exist, and allow even one person to suffer with cancer, let alone 1/3 of the population. Alzheimers is one of the most evil forms of torture God inflicted on his creation. Then theres Downs, Parkinsons, Chrons, and so many other diseases they fill numerous books.

We are all suffering due to what 2 people did (so we are lead to beleive). How can this be loving? If this is a test, its a pretty damn evil and unfair test.

Beware of your God. He will turn on you when you least expect it.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

The world was marred with sin and that's why humans do cruel things. Adam and Eve made a bad choice but God sent His Son to redeem us.
God does good things and the devil does bad things.
God will never turn on anyone. It is us who turns on Him.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join