It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USO base off California coast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I found this very well written article www.fatemag.com... about the possible comings and goings in California coastal waters. There's a bit of everything here. Abductions and missing time as well as all manner of UFO sightings. It's long but quite informative. I even found a couple of sightings I hadn't heard of before. A must for the USO fan.
Preston definitely put some effort into this.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Not exactly a secret.

There's a U.S. Navy facility in the Channel Islands. Been there for years and no one ever tried to hide it.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   
AH ha but that is also the WESTERN TEST RANGE. if we were testing secret craft they would be out there- for a reason!!

but it is a VERY big place so don't pin your hopes on sitting in a lil boat and seeing one for yourself.

Look up Vandenberg AFB for more info on the range

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Isn't there a sub base in San Diego? I'm not familiar with that area. I lived in Fresno in the 60's and served a short stint at Ft. Erwin(Death Valley).
I found the account of going into the USO base interesting.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Never seen one around here (Long Beach is my home), but my grandmother saw one coming from the ocean about 25-30 years ago. I did see, however, a craft coming from the San Diego coastline, headed out to sea that had nothing but green lights on it. Silent as the dead of night. I was on a fishing charter for tuna that night. It was about 200 feet in altitude and at a 45 degree angle from where the boat was.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I'm not sure about a UFO base per se.

But there are lots of UFOs and USOs seen and reported from Sea or near Coastal areas all over the Globe.

I think there is something to it.

Thanks for the Article Longhaircowboy.

Besides California ,

In the 1977 events on and around Colares and the Brazilian State of Belem most of the UFOs were documented by Operation Prato coming and going from the Mouth of the Amazon near the Island of Colares.

The UFOs were documented originating from the Ocean at that point and working in tracks into the Amazon Basin from there.

This from the article reminded me of Colares.

Topanga Canyon has been a UFO hotspot for more than 50 years. However, on the night of June 14, 1992, hundreds of unidentified craft were seen in the canyon, which is situated along the Southern California coast. Seventeen adult witnesses have independently reported seeing UFOs on that evening. One couple, who live high on a ridge overlooking the ocean, observed approximately 200 craft rising up, one by one, from behind the ridge east of them, and then moving to various locations in the canyon. As one of the witnesses said, “You know when you watch something for a while…you can figure out where they’re coming from? After watching them, you got the feeling that they were going all over this area from that certain spot right there.”

The Hessdalen Valley is not far from the Coast now that I think about it.

Observations of Unidentified Submarine Objects in Norway

[edit on 11-2-2006 by lost_shaman]

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Hey those are good links Lost_Shaman. I just got an email today about an apparent USO in England that crashed on land. Hopefully they'll put it on the web so I can post a link. It's in the initial stages of investigation.

edit: got the site
www.raidersnewsupdate.com...
the incident happened in 1973 in North Wales.
Sorry bout the mix up I get so much email about UFO related things it's sometimes hard to keep track. Anyway thanks for the links Lost_Shaman.

[edit on 2/11/06 by longhaircowboy]

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Llandrillo I was just reading about that case the other day . I personally had not heard of it before.

I also came across a story of a USO near the Orme while reading up on this case.

Matthew from Penmachno

I have seen a UFO over the Orme once. I was on a boat out in the sea just off it when the engine stopped. There was a failing light because it was morning, and an extremely large UFO flew from over the sea, not at high speed, slowly, and not a light, this was like an actual ship, except it had windows beneath it and above it, and the scale of it was massive. It was bigger than the Orme itself, and it stopped by the Orme for a few seconds and seemed to gently fall on the water. Then it slowly phased out until it was semi-transparent, eg you could see the outline but it was very camouflage, you could see through it. Then the outline sank into the Orme, and the engine started again. My crew were astonished.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I used to be a lifeguard at Point Mugu Naval Weapons Test Center, the ocean is very deep there about 1000 feet deep, I hear there are underwater submarine canyons. Heard of rumors of submarines hanging out here too,,,The Trident Nuclear sub and who else knows. The nearby peak, called Lugana Peak is part of the Santa Moinca Mountain conservacy, they call this area UFO alley, due to the abundant radar towers on the peak the Navy uses.

new topics

top topics

join