It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientist predicts 'mini Ice Age'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   

ST. PETERSBURG, Russia, Feb. 7 (UPI) -- A Russian astronomer has predicted that Earth will experience a "mini Ice Age" in the middle of this century, caused by low solar activity.

Khabibullo Abdusamatov of the Pulkovo Astronomic Observatory in St. Petersburg said Monday that temperatures will begin falling six or seven years from now, when global warming caused by increased solar activity in the 20th century reaches its peak, RIA Novosti reported.

UPI

A couple of months ago, another Russian scientist bet $10,000 that the planet will cool over the next decade. Climate change sceptics bet $10,000 on cooler world

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I was reading about that in a newspaper a week or so ago. I think the theory is definitely plausible. Lets just sit patiently and hope that the earth cools down instead of heating up like most sources say it is.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 02:07 AM
link   
intresting to finaly find a well documented stand agianst GW

put me down for 5

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
This is the effect "Gobal Dimming" I believe. Due to the amount of crap in the air/water which then becomes clouds basicly solar raditation is being reflected before it hits the Earth. Alot of people suggested that if this "by product" of man made gobal warming wasnt present the world would already be in a very bad state. Search Gobal Dimming very intresting topics about it.

top topics

join