It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHAT WE ARE NOT HEARING

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Many consider a loss of a few hundred American lives so far in Iraq a "wonderful" thing considering the size of the operation, etc.

What we are not hearing is the number injured. Over 5,000 troops have been airlifted to military hospitals in Germany since Bush made his famous flight onto the Kittyhawk saying something to the effect of "The End of Major hostilities".

That is 5,000 troops with amputations, major burns, etc. Why is this just now coming public.

The Bush administration continues to cut Veterans benefits while more of our troops are going to need them.

This whole thing is a crime.

We once had a President whose major sin was having a stain on a blue dress. I'll take his morals anyday over the current set in the White House. I guess morals can be looked at in many different ways.

What do ya'll think?

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 04:31 PM
link   
i think your wrong my uncle served in iraq and came home recently . he is a captain and as i talked to him and one of his friends that lost his arm from a frag gernade they both said that they agreed with the war. when i talked to some of the guys my uncle served with they all said given the choice they would not change anything. injurys are a part of was death is a part of war and the enemy lost many more than we did.

Disclaimer: This Is My Opinion I Am In No Way forcing you to accept these.

[Edited on 2-10-2003 by tealc]

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 04:34 PM
link   
If Clinton didn't let all the communists and radicals outside the US do whatever they wanted then maybe we wouldn't have had this war in the first place.

I just love it when lefties don't see how their own kind cause problems that the right' has to then clean up.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 04:43 PM
link   
However, we have INVADED a soverign nation for reasons outlined by our President. Most of these reasons were NOT true.

I understand war, injuries, and death. We just need to make sure we are fighting for the right thing.

The ole Prez stated that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction that could reach us in 45 minutes. However, they had no launching system or missile capable of traveling more than 500 miles. He stated that Saddam and Al Quaida were in things together when the fact was that Saddam was one of the least trusted by fundamentalists because of his secular ruling. The list goes on and on.

We won the war, and are now losing the battle. Our administration had no strategy after the major conflict was over. Unless one wants to say the strategy was to allow his cronies to make millions if any of this ever settles down(and it won't).

No major terrorist happenings in our country since 9/11? Hell, there frothing at the mouth because they have us just where they want us.

Anyone who thinks a nation's citizens will stand by and let it be occupied by another no matter what the reason
is not a thinking individual.

I am a veteran and proud of our soldiers. I don't want to see them killed and maimed for the wrong reasons. That is what is happening here.

Over 5,000 since the "End of Major Hostilities".

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 04:46 PM
link   
If the "righties" would quit blaming Clinton for every problem in the universe and look in the mirror this world would be far more peaceful.

I am from neither the left or right. I am an American.

You can't keep blaming Clinton for problems that weren't on his watch.

If you call this farce in Iraq cleaning up you need to clean up your mop.

[Edited on 2-10-2003 by madmanacrosswater]

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 04:50 PM
link   
If the reasons were untrue for the invasion then why the hugh effort to delay it at any cost?

This is a topic that has not been discussed here.

Saddam was given the chance to leave and there would have been no war, he did not.

Because he was in control of the program' for the final assault on Israel, whatever the hell the name of it is.

Keep your heads in the sand, it is nice and comforting in there.

Lastly, Clinton let evey wacho in the world take a swipe at the US, that is why when GWB got in he was challenged so much. They wanted to know whether the US had gone soft or not. Apparently not and thank god too!

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 04:59 PM
link   
others for problems created.

Typical American in today's society.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 05:10 PM
link   
yeah i thought it was hard to believe NEO was a Canuck too. specially since theyre a bunch of commies, canadians like NEO are few and far between, 'cept in the west.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Mad, NEO, it's way bigger than right vs. left. Look into the Hegelian Dialectic. The whole right/left thing is a fraud and the controllers sit back and laugh as they play us Repubs and Dems like fiddles. For the sake of our country and humanity, in general, we have to rise above the partisan non-sense. We have to take back the white house. We have to run the criminals out. Just an aside, dont mean to hurt anyone's feelings, but Klinton is just as much a criminal as the current (P)resident.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I found this for ya Madman.
www.ac.wwu.edu...

It's a graph about casualties in Iraq.

top topics

join