It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If there were explosives set up in the towers... why?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Sorry if this has been posted,

I haven't made my mind up one way or the other, but i was curious on everyones thoughts on this.

If there were explosives set in the towers... and a missile shot at the pentagon... Why? Why would the government do this? To have an excuse to invade Iraq? Other reasons?

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Here's my take:

First of all, the towers had to come down for psychological impact, WTC `93 and OKC `95 simply didn't cut it. Sure, they made headlines, but they didn't induce collective trauma. I'm sure we can agree that 9/11 did, and it truly transformed society. Fear is a powerful means of control, proven time and time again, and terrorism is probably the most elusive fear-inducing threat conceivable, it could be hidden anywhere, at any time - the perfect phantom menace.

The excuse to invade Iraq was only part of the motive, the greater scheme probably encompasses not only the strategy outlined in PNAC's "Rebuilding America's Defenses", but also a domestic powergrab of the executive, as evidenced already by recent SCOTUS entries as well as several other contemporary events (NSA eavesdropping, multiple executive orders, etc.). It might be said that the jury is still out on the goal of these unusual activities, however, it appears somewhat likely that it's none other than outright fascist dictatorship. It should be noted that Adolf Hitler attained dictatorial status by staging domestic terror (Reichstag Fire, Communist "threat").

That might sound way too radical to appear credible for you, but the indications and analogies are there, in plain sight. Hope that helps.

Mod Edit: Fixed Link.

[edit on 30/1/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I think the reasoning will become more clear just before our next set of invasions, when we see another series of amazing bits of propoganda.

As Lumos pointed out, fear is the driving mechanism for masses of people. Hitler and the Nazis used it; Nero used it. Tried and true, and history seems to have a way of repeating itself, despite the best efforts of the masses of people; we masses are just outgunned time after time by the ruling classes.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   
If 911 is a true conspiracy, involving ANYONE connected to ANY part of this government, What would that mean to this wonderful country?

Would civil war break out???

How far will the dollar go???....

Will some other country, realizing we'd been screwed by own government, and had it's power twisted to commit atrocities worldwide, come to our aid, and liberate US from the powers that are abusing it???? I don't think so.

Or, might the people being blamed for it, decide to retaliate and kill everyone of us for thinking we actually supported the War on Terror.

I know I wanted revenge for what happened 9/11. I just think it was for the wrong reasons....after researching the evidence available a couple years after the actual attack, I'm just not sure.

I would hate to have to admit that our government had any involvement in it. If it did, EVERYONE involved from planning to cover-up should be executed for treason. JMHO

[edit on 1-2-2006 by mooonhoxe]

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I personally think that it is so Bush and his buddies can play the hero while blaming everything on an insignificant country that not many people heard of before in some remote place.

And I agree, fear is the most useful tool for politicians.

top topics

join