It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to the Colonel?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I know this is probably not supposed to be posted here, but he was a pretty big political figurehead on ATS. And I didn't think anyone would see it on BTS. So, forgive me, you can move this thread if you like.

What happened? He was pretty controversial. Is he still here, did he quit/get kicked? What happened when I was gone?

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Klink or Saunders? I think they're both dead.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Lol, neither

Colonel, the extremely leftist moderator for one of the political forums.

I left about a year ago(give or take a few months)

[edit on 29-1-2006 by joehayner]

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Colonel Wilhelm Klink was a patriotic German and old-line German Air Force officer as well as a social climber [he also has a pretentious coat of arms with the letter "K" in his living quarters]. Klink was not a Nazi Party member or malicious or evil although he was somewhat self-centered, and was in fact likeable in his own way. Because he was so easily manipulated by Hogan and his fellow prisoners, the worst thing that could have happened for the prisoners was for Klink to be transferred away; this in fact was the source of an occasional plot line. Over the course of the series, a mutual respect and even a kind of friendship developed between Hogan and Klink.

Colonel Klink

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The Colonel was a nasty piece of work, entertaining in a perverse way but nasty with it.
I think he got the boot not long after the Dragonrider saga, how long after i dont know. I stopped browsing the net for a while as i was working a abroad for a while and didnt have access to the net.

Thats if its the Colonel i think you mean anyway.

[edit on 29-1-2006 by Janus]

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by joehayner
Lol, neither

Colonel, the extremely leftist moderator for one of the political forums.

Ahhh, this guy.

Yup, he was a Freemason.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   
(lol, rant)

Did he really get the boot?
He was a piece of work though. Ahh, the old days. Endless hours spent arguing with a brick wall.(a dull one at that)

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Rant, you're gonna make me bust a gut.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by joehayner
(lol, rant)

Did he really get the boot?
He was a piece of work though. Ahh, the old days. Endless hours spent arguing with a brick wall.(a dull one at that)

Aye he was banned, not sure why. He and some others ganged up on DR like a pack of hyenas when he was demoted, dont know if that was the reason tho.
Im not talking about the Mods, they had good reason to be mad at DR, but some regular members.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janus
Aye he was banned, not sure why. He and some others ganged up on DR like a pack of hyenas when he was demoted, dont know if that was the reason tho.

I don't even remember DR being demoted. Must've been after I left. He was a vicious one, that colonel. And loud too. You can always tell the IQ of a person by the amount they talk. You can't learn anything if you can't hear it over yourself.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Not many personalities like the Colonel and Freemason here any more.
Dont know if thats a bad or good thing tho, they did used to bring some colour to the boards lol.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
he basicaly snapped and made a rant about Ronald Reagan when he died. Everyone was like "Reegan was this, that and the other"...

Colonel basically said "boo hoo" and made, i have to say, a good thread pointing out all the bad things Ronald Reagan did,

ashame Colonel said he was glad that he was dead or something...

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
That's interesting that you should mention his name.
I was tagging threads last night and opened a thread with him and Agent47 having a serious slug fest about a game called Ethnic Cleansing.

Ethnic Cleansing

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janus
Not many personalities like the Colonel and Freemason here any more.
Dont know if thats a bad or good thing tho,

It's a bad thing and a good thing, in that order.
He's missed, meaning the Colonel, meaning folks liked him.
He;s missed, meaning Freemason, meaning folks can't aim straight.

new topics

top topics

join