It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political message in RE 4?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 01:36 AM
link   
As I played through Resident Evil 4, I noticed there is a definate political motivation for what Saddler was doing. Does anyone know if think was a deliberately delivered political message in the game, that message being that someone should try to hinder and eventually destroy Americas political influence in the world? Great game though, revolutionary IMHO.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Oh yes... They made the message very clear when Saddler said things like "No longer will the United States think they can police the world forever"

I think some of the Japanese game makers are still alittle sour from WW2. They even got to nuke the US in RE3

The game was great though I was so happy they got rid of the static camera angles. The plot was sub par if you ask me for a RE game. A spanish cult? Los plagas? WTF A cult trying to take over the US with parasite a single man is able to defeat over and over again.

Man Umbrella and the T-virus was so much cooler.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Haha, yeah, but as you can see the plot was just a break in the Umbrella one. With Wesker bringing them back, RE5 will bring back the old glory.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Yeah that added ada missions in the PS2 version really helped connect re4 with the rest in the series gamecube owners missed out.

If RE5 centers around Wesker rebuilding Umbrella that will be vey sweet. From the early pics and vids it didnt appear Zombies are indeed back in the game and what looks like Chris redfield.

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Yes, it will be most awesome. Cant decide if I wanna go out and buy a PS3 when they come out or an Xbox 360, seeing as its coming out for both systems. Tough choice, but either way it should be awesome.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Yeah It will be a hard choice, I have to see more of the PS3 before I make a choice. The stats look impressive but I really have to see it play before I make a choice

[edit on 2-2-2006 by ShadowXIX]

new topics

top topics

join