It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[ani .gifs] Patterson Footage Enhanced - plus bonus NEW frames!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Heres my $.02 worth:

Of all the crap discussed on here, Bigfoot is the one that sticks with me. Off all the talk about aliens, sea monsters, etc. Bigfoot is the one that would make the most sense that we would find.

Reasons? Simple. 1) He's everywhere. Every culture has one. Theres the "yeti", the "sasquatch", etc.
2) Its feasible. We evolved from apes. We may be close on our assumptions about evolution, but we may be off by a step or 2.
3) This country is HUGE. There are plenty of places for them to exist without ever seeing one of us, filthy humans.

Also, I believe that if it does exist, they are nomadic. I dont think that they stick around in one place to long. Maybe its a climatilogocal move, or they follow food, but either way, I dont think they stay put. Hence, we've never found a community of them.

Think about this. We've got an entire military searching a populated country for O.B.L. and cant find him. But we wonder why a handfull of independent groups cant find this thing on random searches? hahaha! It doesnt want us to find them. This thing has been reported from Washington to Florida. Theres even a large chunk of people in Oklahoma who have reported sightings (numerous) and one of em was a cop to! Theres just to much to deny that this thing isnt out there.

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by spliff4020
We've got an entire military searching a populated country for O.B.L. and cant find him. But we wonder why a handfull of independent groups cant find this thing on random searches?

Consider this:

Rare Woodpecker Search Sheds Light on Bigfoot

As reported around the world, the ivory-billed woodpecker (Campephilus principalis), last known to exist in 1944, was sighted in eastern Arkansas in 2004. The sighting prompted a massive (and secret) follow-up search in 2005 of a sixteen-square-mile area of Arkansas forest. When the bird was confirmed to exist, the discovery spawned international headlines, an article in the journal Science, and a book titled The Grail Bird: Hot on the Trail of the Ivory-billed Woodpecker.

While the search for additional evidence of the woodpecker continues, the investigation is instructive for what it did not find: the alleged and elusive Bigfoot. The search for the woodpecker took months of intensive research in the woods of rural Arkansas. Bigfoot believers try to explain away the lack of evidence by suggesting that Bigfoot are out there in remote areas, but few people are out actively looking or listening.

Here is a perfect counter-example: knowledgeable researchers with sophisticated equipment in the field for extended periods of time. Arkansas is known as prime Bigfoot territory, and even touts one famous local creature, the Fouke Monster. And yet no reports of large, unidentified Bigfoot creatures emerged from the team's painstaking recordings and observations.

www.livescience.com

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
yeah....these guys could make millions but they cant re dreate any thing like it. why was the video tampered with and had the lips and the teeth removed? why are there atleast a thousand separate muscles moving ? and the biggest ?.... why is there what seems to be a gunshot wound on the thigh ?

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

nice article. i like it really i do. except the part where they leave out the sasquatch itself. lets just pretend like the article that sasquatch are just as intelligent as birds and well....i guess they just dont exist.

or...we can rightfully assume that if they do exist:

1. they are as intelligent as modern great apes
2. they may be as intelligent as some dolphin species
3. they've been on this continent and in sparse contact with humanity for at least 6 thousand years....
4.rightfully so they've probably come to learn as a species...kinda like deer, that humans=bad and stay away from us, our noise,smell and cities as much as possible.
5.they are most likely migratory,nocturnal and omnivourous

all these things contribute to an existance that only rarely gets crossed with that of humanity. gosh a bunch of guys and gals trudging around with lots of equipment in the woods with no scent blockers, camo, or stealth woodland/jungle trainng...it just has to mean they can't be found if these guys didn't see them!!

i'm not trying to sound like a jerk , but honestly concluding they can't exist because survey teams looking for something completely different didn't see them is ludicrous. if i'm searching in the woods at about ten feet above my head for a bird i'm not gonna see a bear walking 40 yards to the side through the brush to his morning meal at the river, hell probably even if he was 20 yards away i wouldn't.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Busymind
I firmly believe there are creatures that mankind has not "discovered", and I really appreciate the link to the stabilised Patterson footage.

Watch the footage and pay attention to the backside of the walking hairy critter.
You should see the muscles along the back and butt moving with the motion of the creature. They don't.

For me, it puts and end to my speculation about the video. And I'm disappointed. I really wanted the footage to be valid.
But the lack of motion across the shoulders, back and buttocks just wouldn't happen with live flesh and fur.

Just to be sure, I watched my cat walk across the room. Sure enough, I can see muscles flexing under her thick winter coat and body fat.
(sigh)

thats true there is no muscle movement there but you can clearly see it on its leg.
pretty muscular actually

But this could be fake because of the fact that primates walk: right leg forward right arm forward left leg forward left arm forward but in the james patterson footage its right leg forward left arm forward

[edit on 21-6-2008 by wizzyG]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join