It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Canada Votes 2006

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
On a positive note: Loonie touches 14-year high

[edit on 30-1-2006 by Regenmacher]

Good news for Alberta/Sask/Manitoba/NWT. Bad news for everyone else...

Thanks for taking the time to post all that. It further cements the idea that political parties that profess to have different ideologies are all cut from the same cloth. Takes the voting wind right out of my sails, when seeing this is so pervasive.

That is the reason why I want Proportonal Representation and why I vote for Jack Layton(who is a supporter of PR and does what he says he is going to do)

[edit on 30-1-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 11:36 PM
link   
i voted ndp, too. just for jack. the ndp rep i voted for was pretty young, lol!

i think the ndp could have a real chance, with jack at the helm. he's one of the few politicians i've ever really liked. i think he kinda dropped the ball, a bit, this time 'round. he could've tried to grab conservative votes, instead of liberal. his ideas are pretty holistic and have a tendency to pay for themselves through effeciency.
he is VERY anti-corporate power, and that is the single thing i think that party should focus on. canadians LIKE health care(go figger), they LIKE small business(go figger), they LIKE clean, natural food(go figger), they LIKE freedom AND security in BALANCED doses.
let's stop advertising from running our lives, and get back to the real world of supply and demand, human resources and fostering evolving information communities. all this high falootin' international zillion dollar secrecy crap gets on my nerves, LOL!

<< 3  4  5   >>

join