It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Everyone Have a Nice National Sanctity of Human Life Day?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Take that Right to Privacy!

In case you missed it, either because you were too busy enjoying your Constitutional freedoms, don't care, or aren't a member of one of those co-opted political churches targeted by silly Presidential proclamations like this...

National Sanctity of Human Life Day, 2006
A Proclamation by the President of the United States of America

Bush Proclaims the 33rd Anniversary of Roe v Wade NATIONAL SANCTITY OF LIFE DAY

First, a little allusion to our Founders as if they'd be all for "building a culture of life" out of thin air.

Our Nation was founded on the belief that every human being has rights, dignity, and value. On National Sanctity of Human Life Day, we underscore our commitment to building a culture of life where all individuals are welcomed in life and protected in law.

Then Bush does a little bragging about his intrusions into privacy and undoing of 200 years of separation of Church & State. He doesn't mention the illegal wiretapping of Americans, but it's understood as his proudest achievement.

America is making great strides in our efforts to protect human life. One of my first actions as President was to sign an order banning the use of taxpayer money on programs that promote abortion overseas. Over the past 5 years, I also have been proud to sign into law the Born-Alive Infants Protection Act, the Unborn Victims of Violence Act, and a ban on partial-birth abortion. In addition, my Administration continues to fund abstinence and adoption programs and numerous faith-based and community initiatives that support these efforts.

Then he talks about our Creator and tosses around some buzz and nonsense to scare people.

When we seek to advance science and improve our lives, we must always preserve human dignity and remember that human life is a gift from our Creator. We must not sanction the creation of life only to destroy it. America must pursue the tremendous possibilities of medicine and research and at the same time remain an ethical and compassionate society.

National Sanctity of Human Life Day is an opportunity to strengthen our resolve in creating a society where every life has meaning and our most vulnerable members are protected and defended including unborn children, the sick and dying, and persons with disabilities and birth defects. This is an ideal that appeals to the noblest and most generous instincts within us, and this is the America we will achieve by working together.

Then the all caps stuff. He calls on us this 33rd anniversary of Roe v Wade which affirmed our right to privacy as emanating from the Constitution to hate freedom as much as he does.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, GEORGE W. BUSH, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim Sunday, January 22, 2006, as National Sanctity of Human Life Day. I call upon all Americans to recognize this day with appropriate ceremonies and to reaffirm our commitment to respecting and defending the life and dignity of every human being.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this twentieth day of January, in the year of our Lord two thousand six, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and thirtieth.

GEORGE W. BUSH

Just thought you should know.

Happy National Sanctity of Life Day everybody!

[edit on 23-1-2006 by RANT]

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   
This is too wierd! The night before National Sanctity of Human Life Day, (I guess that would be National Sanctity of Human Life Day EVE) I rented and watched the movie Roe Vs Wade for the very first time! And I didn't even know that the next day was National Sanctity of Human Life Day!

Sounds like I've got myself a tradition!

I would love to check your link and read all about it, but I don't think I could stomach it! But thanks for the reminder!

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
National Sanctity of Human Life Day, 2006
A Proclamation by the President of the United States of America

He's bringing the troops home now?

NOW, THEREFORE, I, GEORGE W. BUSH, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim Sunday, January 22, 2006, as National Sanctity of Human Life Day. I call upon all Americans to recognize this day with appropriate ceremonies and to reaffirm our commitment to respecting and defending the life and dignity of every human being.

This is what I do not quite understand.. I know presidents are allowed to be privately religious.. but is it legal for him to use his presidency to empower one religious group over others? How many times does he get to break the law before he gets impeached? I've lost count.

[edit on 23-1-2006 by riley]

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Hey will it bring all the death from the "War in Iraq to life again" or will he made another "Day" to commemorate the casualties of his war.

But what can I said the "Sanctity of life" is only on the eye of the Beholder as long as the Beholder is president Bush alias the The emissary from God.

So now please can you pass the pupus platter and let get started on the happy hour

Taking in consideration how our " Christian nation" have its variety of spooks and radical, I will not be surprised that in their minds the president has given them the OK to do all kind of rights to pursue their twisted version of saved the Fetuses.

I wonder when the adoption of death fetuses will start, after all it was a group that were doing burials and giving them names.

Sometimes things border in the Macabre when it comes to self righteousness and self appointed God judges.

[edit on 23-1-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   

undoing of 200 years of separation of Church & State.

We haven't had 200 years of separation of Church and State
(as you see the separation)

www.skepticfiles.org...
www.skepticfiles.org...

Clinton had a few proclamations of his own that overflowed
into the 'thou shalt ....' areas too. (yep, Clinton, believe it or not).

Here we have Jimmy Carter proclaiming 'Earth Day' on the
first day of spring - so that he could line it up with a Muslim holyday.
www.earthsite.org...

Jimmy Carter (and others) all officially proclaiming God and prayer -
www.pilgrimhall.org...

John Adams - proclamation of Fasting and Prayer for Americans-
www.wallbuilders.com...

God and prayer have been invoked and proclaimed by
Republicans, Democrats, Whigs, etc. etc. for the past 225 years.
While not officially endorsing God ... it certainly does come close, eh?

[edit on 1/23/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Sadly, you're right, we havent. The president swears on a bible (we see how much that means to him by his steadfast protection of the Constitution he swore to uphold), "In God We Trust" is written on all of our currency and "under God" is in the Pledge of Allegiance. Not to mention religious symbols in federal buildings and so on.

This is just one more nail in the coffin of our Constitution. Thank you Mr. Bush.

And yes, marg, he so treasures the sanctity of life, it's clear. Perhaps next, he'll be proclaiming a National Day of the Sanctity of Needless Death dedicated to our brave soldiers in harm's way.

Macabre, indeed...

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The realities of life border in the way the presidents cater to the groups of people that support them.

As Flyers point out every president have his own way to show support for their supporters.

Because Bush political campaign targeted Religious groups, including anti-abortion and anti-gay marriage and anti-gay of any kind.

Now he is giving them what he has not been able to give them as promised.

A day that probably will only be observed by religious groups that he are favoring.

I wonder when he will make the "Sanctity of Marriage day" I bet it will be coming soon.

Or perhaps "Abstinence day" who knows he is the president and he can proclaim anything he wants as long as is supporters to satisfy specially on election year.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

undoing of 200 years of separation of Church & State.

Well the Department of Metaphysics and Giveaways is brand new.

In addition, my Administration continues to fund abstinence and adoption programs and numerous faith-based and community initiatives that support these efforts.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Well the Department of Metaphysics and Giveaways is brand new.

I dunno. Each and every president (Except Harrison who talked
himself to death and died of pneumonia a few days after taking office)
... each and every president has had their pet give-aways.

Some call the Culture of Death groups (you call them pro-choice)
a religion. Some call Jimmy Carter's 'Earth Day' a religion - and the
fact that he proclamated it to be on a Wiccan 'nature worship' day
as well as the fact that he aimed it at a Muslim day - to be something
in the metaphysics dept.

There are others, but you get my point. INHO - they ALL have had
their pet give aways and perhaps some of those have strayed
over into the metaphysical. Some more than strayed ...

First 'Lady' Hillary - soon to be president Hillary - had an obsession
with abortion while she was co-president. She wanted millions
spent on a statue to the abortionist who was murdered.
(your tax money at work) I'll have to go look that one up
and post it here. That just seems 'religious'
to me. Religious to the opposite of what G.W. is religious about
abortion.

BTW - you knew I'd make note of your making note of the adoption
thing. I think this country could be STRONGER if we had better
adoption policies ... but you know I feel that way and we've talked
that one to death on other threads.

MARG - Yep ... G.W. is anti-Gay. Now here's a scary thought for ya' ...
you should be thanking your lucky stars that Cheney is Vice President.
He was able to stop G.W.'s mucking around with the US Constitution.
If Cheney didn't have a gay daughter (who writes lesbian romance
novels), then G.W. might have been able to muck up the Constitution.

Who'da thought you'd be patting Cheney on the back, eh?

[edit on 1/23/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I agree Flyers it could be a lot worst, I imagine that Cheney own problems at home played a great role on some of the decisions of Bush about the sanctity of marriage.

top topics

join