It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Why I am getting out of the Marines article

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I don't get the people here that are making fun of the ones that are fed up or 'crying' about what may be going on

despite what may be done to them to make them drones..they are still humans with emotions? and that's criticized? maybe they should know what they're getting into...but it's bad to show emotion?..ok then...

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I am not trying to criticize anyone except maybe the author of the story. Everyone has emotions, but the bottom line is the Marines are different in the respect that they know what to expect from day 1. Honestly though, if someone is that against his job, he should be rotated out.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by invisibleplane
I don't get the people here that are making fun of the ones that are fed up or 'crying' about what may be going on

despite what may be done to them to make them drones..they are still humans with emotions? and that's criticized? maybe they should know what they're getting into...but it's bad to show emotion?..ok then...

Maybe you should re-read some of the posts here?

Were you ever in the military?

Like I said in my last post it's not the emotion of the guy in question, it's his wording and style of writing.
Military guys do cry as has been pointed out, what they don't do is write it down in the way this person did.
I could tell you storys of my service where I got upset, I admit it, even cried when my buddie drowned on a crappy Isrealy ferry who's operater ignored reports that his vessel was sinking before he even left the pier, anyway I wouldn't say that I cried like this guy did.
And I'm not a macho tuff guy, I was a Navy jet mech. This guy was a Marine pilot, do you know what training these guys go through?
They are taught to handle increble stress, under many intolerable conditions.
I worked at Pensacola for 2 yrs training aircrews water survival, guys like that don't whine like that trust me.

And as far as toilet paper go's, the hand works very well, especialy when there's water under ya ass. Discusting I know, but not something at the top of your whine list in the military.
A Military pilot has far more important things to worry about and put up with than their comfort.

Only women and soft civilians worry about such stuff....Stop letting your emotions control your thinking, it's a sad story sure, but bogus IMO.

[edit on 19/1/2006 by ANOK]

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Also the bonuses are getting incredible outrageous now up to 90 thousand dollars.

$40,000 Marg.

My husband is outrage by all this after serving 22 years and only gotten a couple of thousand dollars in his time as a marine.

Man that sux. Mibbie you should join? Sarg Marg? Sweet!

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   
That is so cute I love it. I am to all for the military life now, I am very comfortable with what I do now.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   
what's worse than this obviously fake letter, is having to deal with an ex-vietnam interrogations officer.

My uncle was a Lt. Col in charge of obviously interrogations. After he came back that man wasapparently somehwat crazy. over all he's fine today, but if you've ever heard of those 'nam vets going into survival mode for some reason or another, this guy is one of of them. It's weird, when he heard of the interrogation scandal recently he locked himself in his room for 3 flipping days.

As for maintainers, I've heard a cousin say that for one reason or another. But the kids dumb as a dog so I'm not surprised.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Actually, Maintainers is an Army term for the folks who have MOSs lke 67R (attack helicopter repairer -- mechanical); and 68Y (attack helicopter repairer -- avionics).

But it's not what the marines call them. I'll go along with Grady; the post is bogus. Marine aviators, like their Navy conterparts, are commissioned officers: people with college degrees who know how to communicate clearly. Military officers are not illiterates like the author of that bogus article.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I hope he didn't cry in front of his fellow pilot's, man I would hate it if I had to live that one down. This story is ate up like a soup sandwich.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Marines cry. All humans do. That's not what's at issue, as has been stated already. Most men will choose to do so privately, if possible. Losing a friend is never easy, that's why very many learn not get attached to others in combat. The problem is that crossing that threshold is crossing a point of no return. No one who crosses that threshold is ever the same. It's a high price to pay.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Marg, the "Oh my god it is so bad, its almost unreal, but sorry I cant tell you anything" garbage wont work here, this is ATS, either spill the beans or take your rank elsewhere.

We want info, not garbage and i know, you dont know babel.

Train

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
If this story is true I hope somebody called that marine a whaaa-mbulance.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Don't fall for this one. Marines don't whine about toilet paper. Some Marines might get emotional about the death of a friend. This piece was supposedly written by a Marine Officer and as one of the members of the other website noted, it's barely intelligible. Actually, the piece seems to be written by a woman. I doubt a female Marine Officer would have a wife, a girlfriend, maybe, but not a wife.

Totally bogus.

Considering that in some cases Marines in Western Iraq go weeks without a shower or a hot meal besides MRE's. I find the whining about the lack of # paper to be suspect as well.

The article almost seems to be written in a childish manner. I hardly believe the author is a USMC officer.

Just my opinion.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 08:08 AM
link   
This letter is bogus. It just doesn't sound right. No military pilot of my aquaintence, and I know several, both current and past, would be caught dead talking like that, it goes against everything that they are. Best of the best and all that. Even the ones who haven't flown since WWII don't do that.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join