It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain To Legalise Brothels

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
British law could soon be changed to allow small brothels in the UK. Small brothels with up to two workers and one receptionist would be allowed to operate. The move is being made to try to lower the amount of illegal prostitutes and kerb-crallers in Britain. The Governement is also going to help prostitutes with housing and drug problems.

news.bbc.co.uk
Launching the new prostitution strategy for England and Wales, minister Fiona Mactaggart said that working in groups would be safer for women.

The strategy also means more kerb-crawlers could lose their driving licences, while prostitutes would get help over drugs and housing.

Ministers ditched earlier plans for licensed red-light zones, believing they could send out the wrong message.

But she said prostitution would not be eradicated "overnight" and evidence from sex workers suggested allowing them to work in pairs off the street increased their personal safety.

"Very small scale operations can operate in a way that is not disruptive to neighbours."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Prostitution is the oldest profession in the world, so its about time the Government reviewed its position on the matter.

With small time brothels running it would mean less prostitutes on the streets, which is defnitly a good thing.

The Government and police must be sure to control the use of brothels though, nobody wants to see ten brothels on every street.

[edit on 17-1-2006 by parrhesia]

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 04:34 AM
link   
i agree that it would stop women being on the streets and sex Trafficking is still a major problem in the UK.

but..... there are still many people who have a fetish about the younger children and if i child is on the street it is noticable and people would contact police etc. but if these brothels where put into place IMO i think that sex trafficking for younger children would be higher.

why i say this is, if these people had children in the brothels then no one is none the wiser because no one is going to inform the police.... the clients the prostitutes and the actual pimps are defiantly not going to help the children.

in my eyes it is a lose lose situation..... but this may go back on what i have said above but women who cannot support her child/children and goes into prostitution i take my hat off to (respect). if they stop when they have enough money to support them and stop prostitution....at least they are off the streets. but i still disagree with it and think they should get a job, doll, child benefit etc.

but i had a conversation with my friend and he said a woman (for the example) earns £300 in a week from 9 till 5 but a prostitute can get £300 in a few hours..... the money is good.... but when you have good you have bad.

sorry for blabbering on

oni x x

[edit on 18-1-2006 by Oni x x]

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 05:28 AM
link   
fine if you want increased human trafficing problems and all that comes with it, it has happened everywhere that brothels are legal...

heres a good read www.likestilling.no...

[edit on 18-1-2006 by namehere]

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by namehere
fine if you want increased human trafficing problems and all that comes with it, it has happened everywhere that brothels are legal...

heres a good read www.likestilling.no...

[edit on 18-1-2006 by namehere]

Agreed, as usual our crappy government decides that rather than combat the sex trafficing trade, they'll just legalise it. And has already been pointed out, where are they going to be? Nowhere near any ministers houses of course.

Also, I was flicking through a copy of The Sun (I know, I know) this morning, and one of their 'reporters' had bought a prostitue in romania for £450. Not just for one session, actually bought to do with as he will

THE Sun today exposes a sex slave racket in which women destined for British brothels are sold like cattle.

Our investigation will shock the Government, which announced a crackdown on trafficking yesterday.

I posed as a pimp to buy Maria — a slim, pretty 28-year-old — in Romania.

The deal wasn’t for an hour or the night — but for ever. She cost me 800 US dollars — around £450.
thesun.co.uk

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

mod edit to use "ex" instead of "quote"
Posting work written by others. **ALL MEMBERS READ**
Quote Reference.

[edit on 20-1-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 07:01 AM
link   
i wounder if you would call australia a country with a major sex trafficing problem?

brothels are legal in australia

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I heard certain corporations were kidnapping kids, and selling them for slave brothels. I doubt brothels are so good, which makes me wonder why Britain is legalizing it.

join