It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NFL playoffs.... Who is your pick?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Just curious who everyone is a fan of? Who do you like out of the remaining 4? i personally think it will be carolina vs steelers. Steelers by a touchdown in the superbowl. Yes they are a 6 seed but I think people are sleeping on them.

I actually took the 6 hour trip sunday to go to indy to watch the steeler game. Best game I have ever been to.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Well since my Giants are no longer a factor, I'll agree with you on the Steelers and Panthers for the big game. Lots of momentum going on there.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I'd like to see that Panthers and the Steelers go heads-up in the Super Bowl. It will be the first Time in NFL history where 5th and 6th seed teams match up.

But you're wrong about the Steelers becoming the national champions.

Carolina Panthers- 31, Pittsburg Steelers- 28.

I know it's w-a-a-a-y to early to be making this prediction, but hey, why not?

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Well, since my Patriots got knocked out, and I CAN'T STAND Cowher and the Steelers(Although I did like what Joey Porter said about "Everybody in America loves Peyton Manning") , I think the Broncos will represent the AFC.

NFC: Due to the fact that Alexander is a ginormous question mark, and DelHomme was phenomenal 2 years ago against the Pats, I'll take Carolina for the win.

Carolina 24, Denver 23

GO CATS!!!

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Got to looking at the head to head comparison of the Broncos and the Steelers, and they are both about the same.

Offense
*Denver had 360.4 yards per game compared to Pittsburgh's 31.8 yard a game.
*Denver had 5.6 yards per play compared to Pittsburgh's 5.4 yasrds per play.
*On 3rd down, Denver converted 76 out of 210 for a 36.2% rating per every three downs.
*On 3rd down, Pittsburgh converted 68 out of 192 for a 35.4% rating per three downs
*On 4th downs, Denver converted 14 out of 19 for a 73.7% rating per fourth downs.
*On 4th downs, Pittsburgh converted 5 out of 12 for a 41.7% rating per fourth downs.

Offensive Penalties
*Denver had 97 penalties totaling 756 yards.
*Pittsburgh had 99 penalties totaling 876 yards.
----------------------------------------
Defensive
*Pittsburgh had 998 plays, 284.0 yards against, with 4.6 yards per play against, and an average opponent score of 17.2 points.
*Denver had 985 plays, averaging 312.9 yards against, with 5.1 yards per play, and an average opponent score of 18.4 points

Defensive Penalties
*Pittsburgh had 120 penalties totaling 1031 yards.
*Denver had 139 penalties totaling 989 yards.

Time of Possesion
*Pittsburgh averaged 31:16 on offense and an opponent's average of 28:44.
*Denver averaged 32:37 on offense and an opponent's average of 27:23.

There's my breakdown, and I'm stickin' to it!

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   
so who are you taking for that game gimme football?

I think the momentum the steelers have right now will be in their favor

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Being a Steeler fan also, I hope the Steelers do. But deep down, I believe that Denver has our number.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimmefootball400
Being a Steeler fan also, I hope the Steelers do. But deep down, I believe that Denver has our number.

I dunno... we have a ton of momentum after beating the #3 and #1 teams... two of the best offenses in the NFL.

Plus I'm still on a natural high from being in the dome at indy this weekend...

Its destiny... the bus winning a ring in his hometown

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   
noslenwerd... you were at the game? Wow! Probably the best game I have ever watched before. I watched it on tv though. Man, Bettis fumble.. Vanderjact missed FG...

Amazing!

I personally see a Denver vs. Carolina match up in Superbowl XL! With Denver being victorious as I see them being the only team to match up against Smith. Steelers will give them a helluva go though.

I'll be rooting for the black and gold on Sunday though!

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
noslenwerd... you were at the game? Wow! Probably the best game I have ever watched before. I watched it on tv though. Man, Bettis fumble.. Vanderjact missed FG...

I'll be rooting for the black and gold on Sunday though!

Yes it was a great game. Found a parking lot before the game that had all steeler fans... We tailgated with pierogies, and kielbasa (pittsburgh is known for these) and brought down some iron city beer.

Couldn't believe all the white and blue in the stadium. Nothing better than seeing how cocky all the fans were before the game, then after the first quarter seeing 50k+ colts fans upset.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by noslenwerd
Just curious who everyone is a fan of? Who do you like out of the remaining 4? i personally think it will be carolina vs steelers.

STEELERS vs. CAROLINA

This match-up will be odds-defying; a game for the ages.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   
More discussion on this here:
www.belowtopsecret.com...

I will be pulling for the Steelers tomorrow. As I said at the above link, if the Steelers pull off an upset way up in the mile-high, they will have once again won me over for life.

They face the toughest challenge tomorrow.

I think Denver is probably the "best" team left. But Carolina has the majic. And the Steelaz got the mojo. Oh yeah.. someone said don't CATS eat BIRDS?

Tomorrow's gonna be fun for football lovers.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
YEA STEELERS!!

everyone said all the AFC playoff games were boring... thats because the steelers dominated from the start AGAIN!

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
just wanted to bump this and say GO STEELERS

top topics

join