It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has SETI ever received a possible signal from an alien race?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Sorry about the spelling.
I do get sidetracked from time to time

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Seti is not Gov. Controlled. However they do recieve Gov funding for what the Gov calls, security reasons. The US Gov has systems which scramble signals seti can recieve, and have in the past, only after being notified, scrambled a signal 17 lightyears from earth, originating from a destinct star cluster. Only after the US Gov issued strict guidlines to Seti, did the shut down their interference of the obviously "Wow" signal. Seti is no good to the public any longer, simply because they to, have strict proto on their actions after recognizing ANYTHING that may be interesting. Welcome to America!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Seti confuses me, I have been running it for a few days now and since day one I think I get high readings but I cannot seem to find anywhere what a high reading may look like so I'm clueless really.

I get red bars moving vividly so that is what made me presume I was getting a signal.

Probably wrong though.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by benevolent tyrant

I read recently about a radio signal coming from Messier 82 that was being sent at 4 times the speed of light, so I am sure they will soon find more. I also suggest you go to google and type "The WOW Signal".

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I read recently about a radio signal coming from Messier 82 that was being sent at 4 times the speed of light, so I am sure they will soon find more. I also suggest you go to google and type "The WOW Signal".

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I don't believe they've ever found anything.That's the coverup folks. They are not extraterrestrial.They are interdeminsional.They are not your space brothers,they are the fallen angels of Genesis 6.They are demons.I,myself,am a possible contactee.when i reach 20 posts,i may post a thread,and tell my story.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I believe seti has received hundreads of different messages and signals from other intelligence in the unverse.But because most of seti employess are actually uncover cia and nsa agents.That infomation is never released.Its covered up.The worst part of all this is some of thoses messages are given to the aliens species that we call the reptillians.Some of thoses messages are warnings to warn us about the reptillian that control earth.Even worst than this seti sends back signals and messages to thoses alien species informing them that earth is a no fly zone and you cannot come here.Further messages give aliens misinfomation about the earth and there is no reptillians on this planet.Earth has in its entiraty has become a restricted zone for all aliens except the evil ones that control earth.So seti has run out of money.Just another excuse to close it down.There are other ways to let the good aliens what is really happening down here on earth.They have already been contacted by other means.The reptillians are in for a surprise next year.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
I was wondering whether there have ever been any signals that have been received by SETI or any other research groups that have been "probable" or "very possible" signals from other worlds and intelligent beings?

Yes, absolutely! Remember all those news reports about receiving those coded messages from that star system all those light years away that they translated and got some weird images of strange creatures along with instructions about how to build a Star Gate to get to them?

In other words... no.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
I have heard all sorts of stories about possible signals from different planets or alien races. I was wondering whether there have ever been any signals that have been received by SETI or any other research groups that have been "probable" or "very possible" signals from other worlds and intelligent beings?

tell me...do you think any alien would be broadcasting RADIO signals?....let me say that again....RADIO SIGNALS?

that is what SETI listens for.....radio

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
My favourite hypothesis for the "WOW" signal is that it may have been a transiting spacecraft, it just happened to be transmitting in our general direction at the time. We're sometimes so caught up in making ET civilisations unnecessarily strange and either ultra benevolent/malevolent that we fail to consider they may just be tootling along hauling freight and we happened to hear it

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

I believe the terminology used by SETI for the possible detection of a signal from an extraterrestrial species is a 'good candidate' signal. It might be worth looking on the net for that term.

I'm pretty sure I've seen, or read, or both that SETI have heard a number of 'good candidate' signals over the years, some of them have been heard more than once so you never know, that definitive signal could be being received right now, as I'm writing this post.

Some time ago a large signal (3 Terawatts ERP) was transmitted from the Arecibo radio telescope in Puerto Rico towards an area in space that a 'good candidate' signal was received from. So there's interesting stuff going on.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Talon22

Radio is where we listen because that what we understand now. The chances offinding something without looking is infinitesimal. The odds of getting an edition of Galactic Encyclopedia is poor. Right now the best we can hope for is finding a beacon showing off the aliens as "We are HERE".
Look at it from another direction. How much effort would humanity need to broadcast an unmistakably strong continuous signal for a hundred years? That is a drop in bucket in terms of the life of a galaxy but a long time in terms of a single human life.
If our search for planets gets really really good if we find things circling a star in a arithmetic pattern that would be an unmistakable announcement of intelligent life.
Since we don't know how to make FTL (Faster than Light) propulision we have no way to pick them out of the clutter. The ability to travel FTL is the final big step for a technical civilization. After that they or we can populate the galaxy.
We stand with our ear to the radio waiting for a message from the unknown not knowing where, when or if it is coming. _javascript:icon('
')

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Umbra Sideralis

To continue crunching and to receive more funding...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join