It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many ATS forum members does it take to change a light bulb?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

6 to say its not a lightbulb but a back engineered alien derived device, you moron, don't you know anything?

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

1 mod to move it to the Lighting section

4 members to complain about it being moved to the lighting section.

7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

8 to debate if its Bush's lightbulb and if its his fault or not

5 to blame it on the current corrupt goverment who are secretly blowing bulbs to prop up the bankrupt lightbulb industries

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

9 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum whilst complaining about the low quality of modding

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

1 admin to post a FAQ in capital letters demanding that the quality of lightbulb posts immediatly increase

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too" and get warned. ... 7 of which will take it to complaints and get banned after thowing hissy fits

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

3 to describe their dream about the end of the world and its signifigence to lightbulbs

2 to menation that they saw aliens disguised as lighbulbs during their latest abduction

6 aluminium beanie wearers complaining about government disinfo agents and their twisting of the truth of lightbulbs

10 to point out that lightbulbs are deliberatly made to blow well before they need to .. and are right

3 to call for a new forum devoted to conspiracies about lightbulbs

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

[edit on 4-1-2006 by Netchicken]

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   

That was hilarious, NC

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Awesome Net.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   
This has got to be the funniest thing I've ever read here on ATS. Shoot! Maybe the funniest anywere. Great job NC.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
*wipes tears of laughter*

Damn, that was funny, netty

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I prefer torches... Held by an angry mob armed with pitchforks, tar and... You guessed it... Feathers.

Awesome post NC.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Netty thats is y you are one of my favorite ppl on the board.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   
The mod-squad certainly liked this lol. Very funny thread net!! Cracked me up!

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   
LOL

Ahhh Screw it.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Thanks guys

I didn't create it all though, I just adapted it from an existing joke

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   
and:

1 member to make fun of them all!

alternate responce:

and a partrige in a pear tree!

---Pineapple

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Don't forget:

3 members to point out that there are already plenty of threads on light bulbs/lamps, and that the original poster should have done an ATS search to see the previous threads on the topic...how could he miss that 72 page post on light bulbs a year ago?

Great thread NC, hehe....

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   
LMAO! Pure genius.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I love these especially:

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too" and get warned. ... 7 of which will take it to complaints and get banned after thowing hissy fits

Man, Netty, that was hilarious. Awesome read, and sooooo goddamn true. Awexome.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I found the whole think hilarious but you forgot that the light bulb can give shades of red when push to much.

funny.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Loved it! Pure comedic genius (note to self - need to shamelessly coopt for personal comic routine ....)

LCKob

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Pure comic brilliance, i love it, but realy i did see a bulbtilian last time i got took, lol, j/k

i will be shure to lurk and bump this thread on the 5/6/06, look forward to seeing you then. lol

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

I guess thats me But seriously this is hillarious, had to revive this thread. I think everyone of us can probobly pick out which one of those catagories we are in.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
How many ATS forum members does it take to change a light bulb?

and the answer is....

200!

LMAO!

Roswell.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Bumped, for hilarity.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join