It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Salads! Don't you love them?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I love salads. One of my favorites is

Greek Salad - Very simple to make.

Dice 1 cucumber
I med/large red onion
chop either 2-3 large tomatos, or cut in half a package of grape tomatos
1 large chunk of good feta
Your choice of greek dressing

toss all together... makes a lovely, fresh salad.

Of course, you can add lettuce and/or olives to the above mix. I add lettuce to stretch it, but olives and me.. don't mix well.

Slaw Slurry

half a cabbage, diced
shredded carrots (2-3)
quarter of a white onion, diced
three apples, sliced
raisins
sunflower seeds
apple cider vinegar
olive oil
salt and pepper

I love making this with fresh picked apples, nothing compares. But macintosh works well year round, just look for the freshest ones you can find. I like eating this immediately, rather than letting it sit like a lot of slaws.

Then there's the typical

pasta salad -

Cook as much pasta as you like
I normally throw in like half a bottle of italian salad dressing with a huge amount of pasta
and let it sit and absord for a few hours
then add mayo, diced peppers and celery and maybe a few diced carrots and let it sit overnight.

It makes a nice garlicy, tangy salad.

You can also do an easy greek pasta salad the same way -
Just cook your pasta, toss with greek dressing, a slash of lemon, cucumbers, tomatos, red onion and feta and let sit for a bit for flavours to absord.

Very yummy.

So what are some of your favorites salads?

[edit on 3-1-2006 by parrhesia]

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Yum! I love salads too

My fav quick n easy dressing is a lil freshly crushed garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and salt to taste. U basically add everything to taste til it tastes good to U

I also do that one with a lil balsamic vinegar sometmes, yummy too!

just pour it over any veggies I have and I love bulgarian or danish feta and kalamata olives in it too.

Last night I had grilled chicken, cut into bite size pieces over fresh lettuce, tomato and cucumber with ranch dressing. I love ranch but don't eat it often. It's kinda like a treat lol

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImJaded
Last night I had grilled chicken, cut into bite size pieces over fresh lettuce, tomato and cucumber with ranch dressing. I love ranch but don't eat it often. It's kinda like a treat lol

Im not big on ranch as a salad dressing - I prefer it to dip veggies in.
I do love a ranch-bacon dressing, though, with lettuce, carrots, cucumbers, tomatos, croutons, and cheddar cheese, but it's a mega treat. It's a very heavy salad, and too much of it makes me ill. But it is good every now and then.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I feel the same way about those heavy ones, they're good for a lil while but too much and U feel all blahhhhhh lol

I have only been able to find Paul newman's ranch dressing here where I live (Australia), it's not big here, so we ain't up on the dipping thing lol good looking out tho, that seems like a good idea instead of using it as dressing because it is a lil heavy

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Oh, I forgot. The dressing you mentioned sounds tasty and simple. I love anything with lemon in it

If you want to try a new homemade on you can:

Get soya oil, about a cup
Strain out the pickling juice from pickled hot peppers
mix with the soya oil
toss in some fresh garlic, oregano
salt, pepper
lemon

and shake

It's really good!

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   
That does sound good, too good

I shall try it, thanks!

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I like a nice Crisp letus ( can't spell) and if tomatoes are nice and firm cut up in big chunks with thin slices of carrots in rounds not slivers.

Its really easy to eat with your hands. Ill eat all the tomatoes than carrots and fast the letus. I do the sam thing with sandwichs can't eat them whole.

new topics

top topics

join