It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the UK be treated to a riot event like in France or Australia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Is not about basing muslin honest people or been racist or been anti muslin.

But is about realities, when radical muslin do their deeds they are not isolated and they do not just suddenly appear, they are withing the honest muslin they are family members and some of these families had not clue of the intentions of them after the facts.

So that alone is enough to say that they are all around the world in muslin communities and waiting to strike.

This is reality.

Is very hard to separate the good from the bad because they sometimes live together.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
Just to clear up the point; I was not saying they are not angry at the U.K. or the situation in the Middle East, however they just do not think going out and smashing things are a good idea. In fact, many of them are heavily critical of these sorts of protests.

So the muslims in th Uk are worried but are not going to react with any violence and are being reasonable about the situation in the ME? I know that there have been a very low profile for the most part in the US on the part of most mosques. I had heard that there were still some over there that were teaching things you'd hear in an Egyptian mosque. It can across the wire as something like that. I will search for the source tomorrow.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneGodJesusI had heard that there were still some over there that were teaching things you'd hear in an Egyptian mosque.

There are people like Abu Hamza who are very radical but he has now been arrested and I think his trial is going to start next week.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Of course they do not react with violence. The fact it would be Un-Muslim to do such things, in a Society where they can protest without the need to resort to it. They are free to protest and are able to vote.

Marg, the problem is there are bad people in every group in the World the problem is we tend not to seperate those and focus in on them as much as is happening with Muslims now. This will only cause more harm than good.

Until we can bother to co-operate with Islamic communities, like we do with others we will end up isolating them, until we get more Muslim Police officers for these communitites and so on and so fourth, they will feel isolated.

We need to bring them into the Culture, allow them to have their own sub-culture and to treat them as our equals otherwise we will end up with riots.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
Just to clear up the point; I was not saying they are not angry at the U.K. or the situation in the Middle East, however they just do not think going out and smashing things are a good idea.

- I agree, that is my experience too.

In fact, many of them are heavily critical of these sorts of protests. That was more the point.

- Again, absolutely.

the comments were not directed at you.

- Fair enough, never let it be said I am beyond getting a little para!

It's late, sorry.

Originally posted by Marg6043
when radical muslin do their deeds they are not isolated and they do not just suddenly appear, they are withing the honest muslin they are family members and some of these families had not clue of the intentions of them after the facts.

- That's true but I think the 'Muslim' tag can be very much overdone and is often very much irrelevant.

(As I once said here, whoever adds the religious denomination of 'our' football hooligans when describing their riots?)

Another example would be that it is now known that the 7/7 London suicide bombers had had heated rows and fallen out with the Muslim leaders at the Mosque where they met.......to the point where it is now believed that they simply just used the Mosque as a meeting place and they had nothing to do with any religious teachings there, and certainly not any imagined 'radical' teachings.

[edit on 4-1-2006 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkeyAnother example would be that it is now known that the 7/7 London suicide bombers had had heated rows and fallen out with the Muslim leaders at the Mosque where they met.......to the point where it is now believed that they simply just used the Mosque as a meeting place and they had nothing to do with any religious teachings there, and certainly not any imagined 'radical' teachings.

I didn't know that Denial was available in such huge doses.

Race riots are nothing new to the UK, Brixton showed that. I doubt there would be anything on the scale of what we saw in France, but the Muslim community in the UK has yet to show us the end of its problems with continued, albeit now far more illicit, support of overseas terror groups.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Winchester Ranger T

Race riots are nothing new to the UK, Brixton showed that. I doubt there would be anything on the scale of what we saw in France, but the Muslim community in the UK has yet to show us the end of its problems with continued, albeit now far more illicit, support of overseas terror groups.

Winchester, I live in a Muslim Community. I can see a Mosque when I look out of my window, there are more muslims/Asians in this area than there are "White" British people, yet I have found a lot less hatred here, I have had a lot less problems here - especailly with how I live my life, than I have in any other area.

It's ironic, that I see people spreading all this tripe about Muslim's in the United Kingdom and none of them live in these areas. This area has less crime than any other in my town and yet is still classed as a "poverty stricken" area due to the high number of immigrants. When my mother was taken ill [recently] it was the Muslim families on this road that offered to help me out and offered to take my brother to school in the morning, so I can make it to college not my direct, white neighbours.

The people who cuss me, who treat me badly and make comments towards me out of "hatred" and "ignorance" are not the Muslim's in this town, any of them.

---

P.S: I've been to the mosque where these people worshipped and friends of mine do, they do not go around bombing people and they do not preach hatred.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Odium, dont you know? muslims are the new Irish, the Irish use to get this and be accused of all being members of the IRA and now muslims have taken their place

[edit on 14-1-2006 by infinite]

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   
The UK is not likely to see such race riots for several reasons:

1: The UK is not as rascist as France, the riots were in a large part triggered by the fact that French muslims have no way to escape their ghettos, while the siutation is not so bad in the UK.

2: The UK government listens to Muslim organisations and attempts to get along, as opposed to the French and their ignoring of all things non white.

3: The UK does not have a really powerful Neo Nazi force such as Le Pen and the Front Nationale. If the BNP got 20% of the votes in the UK then we might see some real rioting.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Winchester Ranger T

- What denial?
Feel free to show me where I was factually wrong.

Didn't you know that the 7/7 bombers had had rows with and fallen out with the religious leaders at the Mosque they used for meeting up at?

Did you not know that the idea that they were 'radicalised' by Muslim fundamentalist clerics is (in their case) a complete myth?

Perhaps you also were not aware that religious leaders at certain UK Mosques have a history of notifying the British Police when radicals appear there and who to look out for?

Race riots are nothing new to the UK, Brixton showed that.

- Sorry Winchester but I was in London then I remember them pretty well (and for you information I also knew/know, very well, people that were near and saw first hand the Bristol - St Pauls riots - and also near Liverpool - the Toxteth riots).

They were not race riots.
It's true there were black faces to be seen there (cos unemployment and deprivation impacted them disproportionately - as they still do) but there were many 'whites' to be found taking part in those riots.

They were all about mass unemployment, deprivation and a total lack of opportunity - as evidenced by Michael Hesteltime's 'regeneration task force' which was mobilised when they had finished (not a religious task force, you'll maybe care to note, or not).

I doubt there would be anything on the scale of what we saw in France, but the Muslim community in the UK has yet to show us the end of its problems with continued, albeit now far more illicit, support of overseas terror groups.

- You're very free with that sweeping kind of comment to the point of absurdity.

"The Muslim Community" does nothing of the sort, individuals within it do but why lets the facts stand in the way of a ridiculously ignorant crass jibe, huh?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join