It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 4th dimension?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I apologize if this is in the wrong forum, also i tried searching but didn't find much.

Can someone shed a little more light on the 4th dimension?

Can astral travelers see/exist in the 4th dimension? what kind of 'beings' are there, where do these beings come from? etc.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
My personal belief is based off of Abbott's Flatland...that the 4th dimension is mearly an "extension" of the third dimension, just like the 3rd dimenstion is an "extension" of the 2nd dimension. People claim things like time is the 4th dimension, but I don't agree with that, personally, because it doesn't logically flow from going from 3 dimensions that could be described in geometric terms to "time".

I would suggest googling things such as "forth dimension" or "hypercubes" (a cube in n-dimensions) or "flatland" - a very good and interesting book about dimensions.

Here's a page that has a cool graphic at the top showing how shapes advance from 0 dimensions (a point) to 4 dimensions (a hypercube).
www.geocities.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Ok, just notice I didn't really answer part of your question. In Abbott's Flatland, there is a 3 dimensional being that talks with a 2-dimensional being. If we were to extropolate this into a 4-dimensional being talking with a 3-dimensional being (humans, for example)...
the 4d being would be able to:
See/touch inside our bodies
We wouldn't be able to hide from them, because they would be able to see inside buildings.
They would be able to appear to us (only as a 3d object) and be able to disappear (by moving out of our line of site).

Do I think there are 4 dimensional object in the world? Yes, I do.
Have we ever seen a 4 dimensional object? Probably, but we would only be able to see 3 dimensions of it, so it would be like looking at a regular 3D object.
Are there 3D beings? I dunno. I'm not fully sure of my religous beliefs, but after reading Flatland, I assumed if I did believe there was a God, I would believe that God would be a 4 (or a 5, 6, or 7th...) dimensional being.

As far as humans traveling in the 4th Dimension, well, I guess we would naturally be, since I think the 4th dimension would be surrounding us. As for willingly and knowlingly moving about in the 4th dimension, I don't think we are able to, and if we could, it would probably be nauseating.

As for as astral projection, I don't think that has to do with the 4th dimension, but that's MHO. Although I haven't done it yet, I'm not saying astral projection isn't real, I just don't think it's related to 4d.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The 4th dimension is space-time if I remember correctly. For more information there is a pretty insightful thread relating time to the fourth dimension. There are metaphysical relations and also Einstein references.

The 4th dimension is time?

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Well they only problem i see with the way dimensions are explained is that they inhabit each other like this

[-------1st------]
[--------[-----1st------]--------2nd------]
(=====[----------[----1st----]----2nd----]==3rd====)

And so on. Dimension are actually layered. So then the 4th would look like this

Each dimension layed over into the next. While i believe the solution is

N dimension = Frequency

N equating to multiple dimensions. This is just a theory of course. But if you change the frequency of your radio you hear something different. Just like the way radio and light waves are layered so too are dimensions.

U2U me if you wish to discuss this further

-Aza

top topics

join