It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Plot to Seize the White House

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I did a search for this title and other key phrases that were related to the story and couldn't find anything in the forums, that's not to say it hasn't been posted, so i apoligize in advance if it has...

anyways, i stumbled upon this book in it's electronic form yesterday and found it very intriguing..... the book is about a group of wealthy back in 1932-1934 that were upset with roosevelt, they all try to bribe a popular general amongst veterans to be the first dictator of america... the general is very patriotic and loves his democracy, and only hold out long enough to find out who the major players are so he can bring them to justice... interestingly enough, there was a congressional hearing and they in fact found evidence that there was an attempt made at a coup..... how this never made into my highschool history books, i can only conclude is because these were some VERY wealthy people involved... this book was written in 1973 and is out of print and very hard to find, a treasure for sure.... anyways you can be the judge www.clubhousewreckards.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   
so has anyone read this boook before, or heard of it? or am i way to late and this has already been discussed? just curious....

peace
denny

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
i take it the collective silence means you are all reading it diligently!

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Relax... people will respond. Sometimes you just need to give them more than a couple hours. I've never heard of this story before, nor the book about it. I guess its not in the history books because the government doesn't want to encourage anyone into thinking that a coup is a real possibility in America? That's just my thought.

I'm definitely going to have to look into this story though. It sounds very interesting. Do you know if anyone ended up serving jail time for this? Was a militia actually formed and armed, or was this just in the beginning/planning phase?

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, by the way.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
hey, i'm just playin... i'm very sarcastic
sorry for the impatience, very bored!

no one served anytime, it looks to be the first government/corporation corruption or at least one of the biggest..... the list of people they had to testify were rich financial people and almost all of them avoided testifying before the committee.... the american legion at this time was used to break up strikes and supported by big business, they were going to use veterans for the army, all they needed was this very decorated and respected general to jump on the white horse......
also, i forgot to mention and i'm not sure that this is mentioned in the book... in alex jones' movie Martial Law, he mentions George H W Bush's father or father in-law as one of the people involved with the nazi party in america and in germany and also one of the financers of the coup... i believe his name is herbert walker.... it's towards the end of the documentary....

Yeah no problem it's amazing what you can dig up on the net... if you look for it on amazon.com there are readers comments which may not be up much longer, but 1 in particular points you to a number of other books that are very interesting.....

and my take on it, is that people that have money have access to people with power and they weren't held accountable then and the same thing is happening now... just look at the whole sibel edmonds scandal...

[edit on 3-1-2006 by derdy]

[edit on 3-1-2006 by derdy]

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Haven't heard of this particular book.

Same topic, but completely fictional-

Seven Days In May - The Movie

Seven Days In May - The Book

Book's a great read. The movie with Burt Lancaster and Kirk Douglas is well worth watching. If you haven't seen the movie or read the book,

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Somewhat related to 'censored' US history is a book I bought a few years ago called 'Lies My Teacher Told Me.' In it the author compares 12 mainstream American History books against what really happened. There is much false and inaccurate information being taught as historical fact in High School American History classes. Also interesting are the facts and events that are ommitted.

Link to Amazon : Lies My Teacher Told Me

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
excellent reference, i'll have to buy that....

another interesting point in this, is when Butler (ret. General) does go to Anti-American Acts with his claims of a Coup... The New York time chastises him and says he's basically crazy.... Sounds kind of like the media and any conspiracy other than the official one regarding 9/11

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
yeah, but what you have to understand is the history surrounding the period in question. america was very close to falling under the same tyranny as germany and italy. the big depression brought those regimes into power, and it is very possible it could have happened here. there was a very large fascist party active in the US at the time, and the only thing that kept them from gaining power was FDR and his policies. some peope even say that FDR himself was a kind of mini-dictator, serving 4 terms (well, 3 1/2) and instituting programs that were on the bare edge of legality in order to bring us out of the depression....not to mention allowing hoover (fbi director) to illegally monitor some of the shadier organizations. but everything FDR did pulled us through the depression and out of wwII as leaders of the free world, so you cant fault him too much i guess.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
i understand all that, my point was that the media seems to represent the interests of businesses rather than that of the people as far back as then.... i know the media got better, but now it seems like we're right back where we started

van

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I believe the general iinvolved was Smedley Butler, USMC, two medals of honor, and author of War is a Racket. I forget who the conspirators were.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
The story is that a group of wealthy businessmen tried to manipulate General Butler into using his popularity with the military, particularly disillusioned WW1 vets, to overthrow FDR and institute a fascist state. They were apparently upset by FDR's 1933 abandonment of the Gold Standard that tied the dollar to the value of gold. Butler balked and exposed the plot.

Some relevant Wikipedeia entries:
The Business Plot
Smedley Butler
The Bonus Army

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
wasn't prescott bush involved in this 'plot'.....link
there was a 1934 commision that looked into the players in this plot...

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
A plot to seize the whitehouse, didn't that happen in the 2000 election?

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
A plot to seize the whitehouse, didn't that happen in the 2000 election?

Yep, they finally got what granpa wanted.... the presidency...

and look what they have done with it... exactly what the good general said.
Became WAR profiteers

The book looks good, and informative... i doubt it will be hunted down and destroyed, but you never know.

If you want a good scare, look up a book called the top 25 censored news stories from 1992 by Carl Jensen...
it is about the first bush rule, and is like reading a daily paper... nothing has changed except the names, and all the situations are the same. Anwar, Terror, Iran, Corrupton, Soft money...

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   
The book you are talking about sounds like it goes along with the movie
"The power of nightmares".

It can be viewed or downloaded from this site, on the left hand side of the page.

www.archive.org...

"and look what they have done with it... exactly what the good general said.
Became WAR profiteers"

Maybe it is because most people are much more entertained or interested in WAR than they are in the war on drugs.
For some reason it looks to me like mad-science has taken over our population and they are not very discrete about it. But the connection between sr. white house officials, GE food, our cancer rate and the 'legal' drugs that plague our society is rarely discussed.
I would like to know who is behind the 'revolving door'.

www.mindfully.org...

Whoever they are, i'm sure they can see that they are funked in the long run also.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   
This very interesting I have not idea that something like this has been put in the back burner of American history.

Watch out if to many people starts to buy the book you may get your name in the black list.

And your communications may be tap.

Still it should be an interesting reading, I don't think the book has been sensor but more like put in the back rooms at your local library.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
if anybody around here is 'tapped', it's me.

towards the middle of last year, after discovering the environmental loop hole our health and the natural existence of this Earth is being raped through, they got more of my opinion about 'the system' then I should have shared.

I tried everything possible to get them to 'pursue' me for my thoughts and pointing out the obvious, nothing yet.
I'm working on it tho'.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I recall my Dad mentioning the bonus army and the WWI veterans that protested or marched on Washington during the depression......but don't recall ever hearing anything about it during history class.

The wikipedia site, en.wikipedia.org...
does mention that :

"The House Un-American Activities Committee deleted extensive excerpts from the report relating to Wall Street financiers including J.P. Morgan, the Du Pont interests, Remington Arms, and others allegedly involved in the plot attempt. As of 1975, a full transcript of the hearings had yet to be traced."

further down the page is a list of several links to other articles that discuss the reliability of the information on this 'incident'.....whether it was blown out of proportion, or swept under the rug.....but to some extent, it apparently did happen.

One of the links provided:
www.webcom.com...

And a quote from that site : "Butler’s story was corroborated by Commander James Van Zandt of the Veterans of Foreign Wars who claimed he was also approached to lead an insurrection army."

Here : en.wikisource.org...
_on_Preliminary_findings_of_HUAC.2C_November_24.2C_1934

is a page showing the public statement on preliminary findings of the House Unamerican activities committee from 1934. It contains some 'summary' of testimony, then further down, some testimony in transcript form.( but as mentioned earlier...is there more of the transcript that has been left out ??)

Makes for interesting reading......

(please excuse my unorthodox quote style, I think my adblock has messed up the quote/link thingy...lol)

[edit on 5-1-2006 by frayed1]

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Derdy I'm so glad you brought this up. There is a wonderful book written by Gen. Smedley Butler. It tells his side of the story of the plot to take over the U.S. by wealthy elites, such as J.P. Morgan, Dupont, etc. It is a very short book and well worth reading. Here is the entire text, really not that long. There was a congressional investigation but like most congressional investigations, it was a whitewash job and nobody was indicted or punished in any way.

lexrex.com...

- Forestlady

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join